Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

I can't tell if you missed the edit to my post or not, but in short:

He was supposed to be close to William Lonestar and Black Eagle, so why didn't they tell him?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I can't tell if you missed the edit to my post or not, but in short:

He was supposed to be close to William Lonestar and Black Eagle, so why didn't they tell him?
    I did miss it but I guess Im still confused. Dani nor her grandfather knew she was a mutant until she manifested her powers. Her first appearance in the Graphic Novel has her grandfather telling her that he is sending her to Xavier, so presumably he did tell him, or at least he thought he did (it was a Brood instead)

Actually, Dani's parents knew before they disappeared (she showed them the Demon Bear, and there were comments that suggested her powers showed up before that, IIRC), then she went to the Roberts' for awhile before running away to her grandfather. So there was plenty of time to get in touch with Charles.

I suspect Claremont simply didn't have her timeline worked out well, of course.

Actually, Dani's parents knew before they disappeared (she showed them the Demon Bear, and there were comments that suggested her powers showed up before that, IIRC), then she went to the Roberts' for awhile before running away to her grandfather. So there was plenty of time to get in touch with Charles.

I suspect Claremont simply didn't have her timeline worked out well, of course.
    but would they know that it was attributed to her being a mutant and not simply a vision?

Possible, but you can't usually share a vision like Dani can.

Now that I think about it, William wouldn't tell Charles about the Adversary, either, although Charles was sure he wasn't getting the whole story.

Black Eagle was a shaman he most likely thought her powers were magical at first.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Black Eagle was a shaman he most likely thought her powers were magical at first.
    thats what I assumed.

I always took Black Eagle as a pretty smart guy and he must have known what mutants are. Most magic users in the 616 seem to sense magical energy. I think he'd have noticed the difference pretty quick.

None of this really matters; it's the most minor of points. I'm just wondering if they knew about the X-men and didn't want Dani to be a part of that until there was no choice.

I was looking through Generation M last night. I think this is a good bit of insight into Dani post M-Day.

GenM5.jpg

I wish they'd followed up on the not dreaming part.

BANNED

When asked about Mothervine in regards to Dani Moonstar & Prodigy, Cullen Bunn had this to say "Not every mutant was exposed to Mothervine."

Not surprising. I suspect Dani's on her way to being repowered, but poor Prodigy doesn't have much hope in the immediate future.

I always took Black Eagle as a pretty smart guy and he must have known what mutants are. Most magic users in the 616 seem to sense magical energy. I think he'd have noticed the difference pretty quick.

None of this really matters; it's the most minor of points. I'm just wondering if they knew about the X-men and didn't want Dani to be a part of that until there was no choice.
    Lots of mutants have magical abilities in addition to their powers, take Storm and Selene for example, and doubt a non magic user could have become a Valkyrie.

Yes, I've suspected that it was more than being able to communicate with animals that lead to Dani becoming a Valkyrie.

I'm bored again so here's a rare scene between Dani and Storm. It's also a side of Dani's personality we don't often see.

NM33.jpg

Ive long wanted to see Storm and Dani interact. They have alot in common in terms of personality

Yeah, I've always seen Dani as the Ororo of her generation.