Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1140
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

By Daniel McNea. Their Twitter: https://twitter.com/Magniflorious

Moonstar with other X-Women. Thought I'd bring this over to see what people thought about it. I quite like it. In particular the archer elements incorporated into it. I do wish there was something breaking up the middle, like a larger belt or something, because its all the same shade of brown. Otherwise, I think its pretty great, and is something I could see Dani wearing.

The breast plate looks a little wierd, and you're right about the belt, but other than that it's pretty good. I think it's the weakest of the five designs, though. The others are terrific, even if Illyana looks a little strange without bangs.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I imagine it could be difficult creating a costume for Moonstar, when so many of her looks are just a twist on the standard blue (or black) and gold. She really needs to break free from the generic costumes and wear something more original. Karma too. I don't like Magik's hair either. She needs her bangs.

BANNED

They should give Dani a more stable power instead of changing powers everytime a new writer comes in.

A psychic arrow based on illusion paralysis is the best power and related to her original power.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    They should give Dani a more stable power instead of changing powers everytime a new writer comes in.

A psychic arrow based on illusion paralysis is the best power and related to her original power.
    They should make her a full empath

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    They should make her a psionic energy manipulator.. her empathy, animal telepathy, psychic weapons, etc are manifestations of that main ability.. it could be similar to Tean Jeans pink energy form ability..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I love that artist! Dani's power situation is always so weird (and I don't love any particular powerset) but I do prefer her with a colorful energy signature!
    Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    YES, x2!!

BANNED

So with her being shackled the same as everybody else, with what's likely some sort of inhibitor device, wouldn't that mean this AoXM "Moonstar":

... has her Mutant powers back?

its just a cover. I wouldnt put much into that just yet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    its just a cover. I wouldnt put much into that just yet
    But if I'm right, which going by the cover seems more likely than not, it certainly adds to the mystery.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    But if I'm right, which going by the cover seems more likely than not, it certainly adds to the mystery.
    I think you have to be correct. If she is just a human then why does she need power inhibitors

Plus she is with the other prisoners in the "Danger Room"

My speculation: this book will sort of be like Guardians of the Galaxy movie where it's like a makeshift team that comes together due to the appearance of Bishop, but they kind of knew of each other previously, they were just "rough and tumble" types who were resilient and stoic, having to fight for their lives in X-Man's prison for those who cannot see the vision of his new Utopia.

So in a lot of ways, the Prisoners of X are like the characters the X-Tremists failed to "heal"? So they should all be pretty "thick skinned" I would imagine which can work although that would be a pretty good upgrade for Gabby
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Wouldn't Beast revert to his human form if those were power inhibitors? But if they weren't, wouldn't Lorna be able to take them off if they were metal? I would say they are power inhibitors, but at the same time, it is just a cover.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Wouldn't Beast revert to his human form if those were power inhibitors? But if they weren't, wouldn't Lorna be able to take them off if they were metal? I would say they are power inhibitors, but at the same time, it is just a cover.
    I don't think Beast would revert to human from inhibitors. Did Nightcrawler? Beast's transformation was due to like chemical experimentation wasn't it?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I don't think Beast would revert to human from inhibitors. Did Nightcrawler? Beast's transformation was due to like chemical experimentation wasn't it?
    Beast has reverted to human form almost every time he's had his powers inhibited. The Uncanny X-men Savage Land adventure leading up to 350 and when the High Evolutionary shut down powers come to mind. Just another reason why I think that cover is just a cover

If that Moonstar is really Mystique, she should have reverted to blue, shouldn't she? I don't think we should read too much into this cover, though.