Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What are the chances of seeing Diana in Supergirl? Wonder Woman in television.

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you have heard anything regarding the possibility of Diana showing up in the Supergirl TV series? One of their characters just mentioned Gotham (hinting at Batman, or at least someone from the bat family). And they have already shown a host of DC villains, and even a few heroes. Do you know if theres anything that would prevent her (property-wise) from even making a cameo appearance in the series?

I am still hoping that a TV series will be created in her name: with a classic background and origin story, with all her powers intact, and most importantly with a core supporting cast.

DC would be ridiculous to not have thought about this, given the reactions of many re WW's appearance in BvS.

BANNED

Very Slim chance DC/WB already has this crazy idea that fans can't tell the difference between tv shows and movies(which is why we no longer have a suicide squad on arrow and why certain characters just disappeared as soon as they were picked up for a movie)

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Very Slim chance DC/WB already has this crazy idea that fans can't tell the difference between tv shows and movies(which is why we no longer have a suicide squad on arrow and why certain characters just disappeared as soon as they were picked up for a movie)
    You noticed that we now have a TV Superman, right? The embargoes are lifting, if they were ever a thing to begin with.

Anyway? I'd say there's a chance that Diana could show on Supergirl if things continue for a while. It may take a little time, though. Supergirl's world is built on the fact that for a long time Superman has been Earth's only public superhero. We know there are a few others, but they seem to operate in secret, like Martian Manhunter.

So if Diana is to appear, they first need to establish how she's going to show up. They can either have her appear, fresh off the boat from Paradise Island for the very first time, or they can establish that she has also been operating in secret for some time.

So, yeah, it's doable. And there has never been a better time for DC to think about experimenting with bringing Diana into many different media. Diana's popularity is skyrocketing right now. If they don't bring her into Supergirl, they may consider just taking the plunge and finally giving her a show of her own (preferably one that doesn't suck, like the last attempt they made at it.)
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Until we have a caped crusader on tv again the embargo's are just confused

and yeah the embargo's were a thing otherwise Captain Boomerang and deathstroke wouldn't magically vanish(same with guys like deadshot)

Incredible Member

IF they can get permission to have Superman in two episodes (with the very slight possibility of additional appearances in the future), then I think it's possible that we could see Wonder Woman appear on Supergirl. I don't think we'll ever see Batman. We might hear about Batman, even potentially being referenced by name, especially with Maggie Sawyer from Gotham (i.e. the city, not the show) joining the cast as a supporting character.

Including Wonder Woman certainly seeks like something that they would be interested in doing. And, depending upon the storyline, it would be nice to see Diana and Kara interacting (although since Superman and Supergirl are the only two known / public "super" heroes on Earth S, Wonder Woman would be a new arrival to man's world which would mean Kara would be the mentor to Diana's naïve character).

I guess it all really depends upon DC's plans for the character. I'm not sure whether the "Amazon" TV series is still being shopped around or whether it is dead and buried so that they can concentrate on the big screen live action version of the character. If they still think that Wonder Woman can lead her own TV series, then they probably won't let Supergirl use the character unless the episode is used as a backdoor pilot.

I would think Donna Troy as Wonder girl would be more likely.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I would think Donna Troy as Wonder girl would be more likely.
    How so? To have Donna, by definition, you need to have Diana in the world, too. Until they establish that Diana exists in Supergirl's world, Donna wouldn't make sense unless they completely divorce her from the Wonder Woman mythos. Which would kind of defeat the purpose.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    How so? To have Donna, by definition, you need to have Diana in the world, too. Until they establish that Diana exists in Supergirl's world, Donna wouldn't make sense unless they completely divorce her from the Wonder Woman mythos. Which would kind of defeat the purpose.
    Scene
    "Hi, I'm Wonder Girl, an Amazon, perhaps you've heard of my sister, Wonder Woman. I'm here to beat up a rogue Amazon that is in your town."

End Scene

So how is that difficult?

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Scene
    "Hi, I'm Wonder Girl, an Amazon, perhaps you've heard of my sister, Wonder Woman. I'm here to beat up a rogue Amazon that is in your town."

End Scene

So how is that difficult?
    To the best of our knowledge, thus far, Wonder Woman either doesn't exist in this universe, is currently operating discreetly rather than openly, or simply hasn't arrived in the world yet.

In your scene, Kara would have no idea who Wonder Woman is, nor would she know what an Amazon is.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I would agree that seeing Donna before Diana is more likely, and I disagree that Wonder Woman needs to inherently be operating openly for that to happen. To use the same example as above, picture it like this:

"Hi, I'm Donna, princess of the Amazon's and sister to the hero of our people. I followed her to this world when I was still a teenager, and fell in love with the culture as she worked in the shadows to protect man's world along with your cousin, Superman. I was inspired by you to make myself known, and now I've decided to be called Wonder Girl! There's a rogue Amazon here in National City, would you mind helping me take her out?"

I'd also go as far as saying that there is room for Donna on the main cast. Maybe spoilers:
    have her take up James Olsen's role as photographic journalist at CatCo now that his position is open, given he's the boss now?
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Or they could structure her series like "How to get away with murder", and partially tell her story from years back and connect it to the present. Maybe Diana went to man's world 13 years ago after Colonel Trevor crashed on her island and she is now a spy in Washington DC as well as Wonder Woman (when needs be). Or maybe she owns a gallery or an antique shop and secretly battles foes from the under world as Wonder Woman, as well as battle crime in our world. The potential for stories from her series are limitless.

My main question was whether or not there was a property conflict to prevent her from being portrayed in a TV series in addition to Snyderverse.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 10-24-2016 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Or they could structure her series like "How to get away with murder", and partially tell her story from years back and connect it to the present. Maybe Diana went to man's world 13 years ago after Colonel Trevor crashed on her island and she is now a spy in Washington DC as well as Wonder Woman (when needs be). Or maybe she owns a gallery or an antique shop and secretly battles foes from the under world as Wonder Woman, as well as battle crime in our world. The potential for stories from her series are limitless.

My main question was whether or not there was a property conflict to prevent her from being portrayed in a TV series in addition to Snyderverse.
    I would say they will not introduce a Wonder Woman until after the movie. It would detract from the movie.

BANNED

Zilch, arrowverse trinity is Arrow, Flash and Supergirl, standing in for Batman, Supes and Wonder Woman respectively.

If Lynda's Durlan villain just happens to be named 'Eviless' or 'Skrill', it will be a very nice nod to Ms. Carter's fans. Hopefully, that wasn't lost on Berlanti's people, who are typically very studious of comic lore.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If Lynda's Durlan villain just happens to be named 'Eviless' or 'Skrill', it will be a very nice nod to Ms. Carter's fans. Hopefully, that wasn't lost on Berlanti's people, who are typically very studious of comic lore.
    There's been no indication that President Marsden is a villain as of yet. She seems wholly heroic.