Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Composite Movie Spider-Man VS MCU Iron Man

Who takes it in a fight?

Probably Spiderman. When you combine Tobey's strength and Garfield's speed you actually have a hero who is pretty high tier as movie characters go. He can stop trains, overpower mini-stars, and outrun electricity.

Mighty Member

I don't think outrun electricity is a valid feat. I would say Iron Man takes it fairly handily. He flies up and rains down hell on Spidey with relative impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I don't think outrun electricity is a valid feat. I would say Iron Man takes it fairly handily. He flies up and rains down hell on Spidey with relative impunity.
    Its clearly there in Amazing 2 as an important aspect of his initial confrontation with Electro.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Its clearly there in Amazing 2 as an important aspect of his initial confrontation with Electro.
    I'm aware of what you are referring to, I don't believe the feat is valid. Because it happened is not the standard we use.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I'm aware of what you are referring to, I don't believe the feat is valid. Because it happened is not the standard we use.
    I really don't see why we cant use it as it is a clearly observable feat from the movie. Could you cite what part of the rules would require us to not count it?

Regardless, Spiderman is still far faster reaction speed wise, as he has feats of dodging fully automatic gunfire too. So even if we through out the electricity outrunning feat(for some weird reason) it really doesn't change the point of Spidey being far faster.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 10-17-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I really don't see why we cant use it as it is a clearly observable feat from the movie. Could you cite what part of the rules would require us to not count it?

Regardless, Spiderman is still far faster reaction speed wise, as he has feats of dodging fully automatic gunfire too. So even if we through out the electricity outrunning feat(for some weird reason) it really doesn't change the point of Spidey being far faster.
    Yes, he outran energy in a movie.
    However, energy in movies and comics and cartoons rarely moves at the speed that it does in real life.
    So really it is more of a question are you claiming that Spidey can outrun lightning? Or random energy in the movie?

For example, Gargoyles, Ninja Turtles, and almost all cartoons use lasers for weapons rather than bullets. The characters commonly dodge/block these attacks. Are they all FTL since they are clearly faster than lasers? Or does it make more sense that the energy weapons are simply very fast, but not all moving at light speed?

As for the rules.. specifically, if you claim that the energy is legitimately as fast as lightning would travel, or electricity in the real world, do you feel that Spider-Man was portrayed as a speedster? So much so that he can consistently outrun electricity?

I don't think we even need Garfield!Spidey here. Even though Maguire!Spidey is slower than Garfield!Spidey, he is still considerably faster than MCU Iron Man. His Spider Sense worked perfectly most of the time, the webs are incredibly tough, his durability is insane(takes a bomb to his face, falls from a considerable height when his powers aren't working properly, takes assault from the giant Sandman and is still alright) and I think he is strong enough to dismantle the armour.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Yes, he outran energy in a movie.
    However, energy in movies and comics and cartoons rarely moves at the speed that it does in real life.
    So really it is more of a question are you claiming that Spidey can outrun lightning? Or random energy in the movie?

For example, Gargoyles, Ninja Turtles, and almost all cartoons use lasers for weapons rather than bullets. The characters commonly dodge/block these attacks. Are they all FTL since they are clearly faster than lasers? Or does it make more sense that the energy weapons are simply very fast, but not all moving at light speed?

As for the rules.. specifically, if you claim that the energy is legitimately as fast as lightning would travel, or electricity in the real world, do you feel that Spider-Man was portrayed as a speedster? So much so that he can consistently outrun electricity?
    agreed. this is why we don't consider blaster bolts from Star Wars to be any faster than a typical arrow. the lightning and electrical attacks displayed by Electro in ASM2 are simply much, MUCH slower than real electricity.

as per the rumble: Spiderman has a shot... but Tony's suit can handle quite a bit more damage output than what Spiderman's been shown capable of dishing out. even if Spidey webs him up and gets into grappling range Iron Man can still take the fight up into the air pretty easily.

stopping that train required him to use a LOT of webbing to brace himself against standing buildings and it completely wiped him out when it was all done.

tackling the mini-star is more of a feat for Dr. Octopus, if memory serves.

Spidey is fast, strong, has precog, and decent ranged attacks. but all of this is simply going to make it harder for Tony to score his inevitable victory. if Spidey got within grappling range he probably could pull off the armor one piece at a time... but Tony could just fly up into the air and render that a pretty bad tactic for both of them... so it ends up stalemating Spidey's best chance for winning.

if Tony's playing it smart he should win every time in the arena. maybe if you put them both in New York City Spidey could get in a victory or two here and there... but Iron Man would still take the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    agreed. this is why we don't consider blaster bolts from Star Wars to be any faster than a typical arrow. the lightning and electrical attacks displayed by Electro in ASM2 are simply much, MUCH slower than real electricity.

as per the rumble: Spiderman has a shot... but Tony's suit can handle quite a bit more damage output than what Spiderman's been shown capable of dishing out. even if Spidey webs him up and gets into grappling range Iron Man can still take the fight up into the air pretty easily.

stopping that train required him to use a LOT of webbing to brace himself against standing buildings and it completely wiped him out when it was all done.

tackling the mini-star is more of a feat for Dr. Octopus, if memory serves.

Spidey is fast, strong, has precog, and decent ranged attacks. but all of this is simply going to make it harder for Tony to score his inevitable victory. if Spidey got within grappling range he probably could pull off the armor one piece at a time... but Tony could just fly up into the air and render that a pretty bad tactic for both of them... so it ends up stalemating Spidey's best chance for winning.

if Tony's playing it smart he should win every time in the arena. maybe if you put them both in New York City Spidey could get in a victory or two here and there... but Iron Man would still take the majority.
    Green Goblin could fly. New Goblin could fly. Maguire!Spidey has a lot of experience. Iron Man's armor doesn't need as much webbing as stopping a train. If MCU Cap could lift IM, MCU Spidey could hold War Machine with his webs and toss him around, this is child's play for Maguire!Spidey.

Taking the fight up in air is actually bad idea on Tony's part. Dismantling the suit would be easier and he can barely hit him because of his Spider Sense and superior speed. Even if IM tosses Spidey he could easily swing by.

As far as I know, Spidey has enough strength and speed to dismantle IM's helmet and punch him.

The only way IM has a shot here is if he keeps his distance and only uses long range attacks. Which is still useless because Spidey can just dodge them easily and can use some of them against him like he did with New Goblin's bombs in SM3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chillin'_chillclops View Post
    Green Goblin could fly. New Goblin could fly.
    And they were dumbasses to fly so close to Spider-Man for no good reason.

On the other hand, those gliders might not be built to pull the kind of aerial acrobatics and altitudes the Iron Man suits are.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And they were dumbasses to fly so close to Spider-Man for no good reason.
    Actually, they weren't, as most of their weaponry is hand thrown. They had to get close to use it. Now, one could state that they are dumbasses for not coming up with more long distance weaponry than a couple of machine guns and a rocket mounted on the first glider .

On the other hand, those gliders might not be built to pull the kind of aerial acrobatics and altitudes the Iron Man suits are.
    Another thing to note is that this fight takes place in the arena, not in NYC. Once Tony is in the air, Petey cannot reach him unless Tony fights like an idiot, which the board rules specifically state he will not.

As far as I know, Spidey has enough strength and speed to dismantle IM's helmet and punch him.
    Ok, feats that put any of the Petes in the same strength category as Thor and Hulk? Because those two are the only two thus far who have managed to tear off pieces of Tony's armor using brute force alone.

The only way IM has a shot here is if he keeps his distance and only uses long range attacks. Which is still useless because Spidey can just dodge them easily and can use some of them against him like he did with New Goblin's bombs in SM3.
    Tony can send a swarm of missiles like he did in Avengers. Petey can't dodge and send a missile back when a missile swarm is hitting everywhere around him. Also, missiles are quite a bit faster than hand thrown bombs. I even question that Petey could send a missile back at Tony.

Point blank: Petey cannot win if Tony gets in the air. He has to keep Tony on the ground. I've not seen anything yet that convinces me that Petey can prevent this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Actually, they weren't, as most of their weaponry is hand thrown. They had to get close to use it. Now, one could state that they are dumbasses for not coming up with more long distance weaponry than a couple of machine guns and a rocket mounted on the first glider .

Another thing to note is that this fight takes place in the arena, not in NYC. Once Tony is in the air, Petey cannot reach him unless Tony fights like an idiot, which the board rules specifically state he will not.

Ok, feats that put any of the Petes in the same strength category as Thor and Hulk? Because those two are the only two thus far who have managed to tear off pieces of Tony's armor using brute force alone.

Tony can send a swarm of missiles like he did in Avengers. Petey can't dodge and send a missile back when a missile swarm is hitting everywhere around him. Also, missiles are quite a bit faster than hand thrown bombs. I even question that Petey could send a missile back at Tony.

Point blank: Petey cannot win if Tony gets in the air. He has to keep Tony on the ground. I've not seen anything yet that convinces me that Petey can prevent this from happening.
    Pete can web him before he starts flying and just toss him around for couple of minutes. Garfield has the speed and Maguire has the webbing strength to do that. He did that in the first movie where he held that thing(I don't know what it's called) with full of children. And that was just a single webbing.

The above feat is also for his strength. Of course he is not on the level of Thor or Hulk. But he doesn't need to. And I don't think ripping of the face part of the helmet needs more strength than stopping a train.

Missiles, those are a problem. If he webs up his eyes part, maybe he could get time enough to get near IM.

How does Spidey web up an Iron Man who dodged a tank shooting at him?

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How does Spidey web up an Iron Man who dodged a tank shooting at him?

Can he start flying and simultaneously dodge? As far as I remember, IM's dodging feats are when he is still(either on ground or mid-air floating).

It's the starting of flying part when SM can web him easily. As far as I remember, IM still takes half a second to fly, which is enough time for SM.

Missiles are the only real problem here. That's going to decide the fate of the match.