Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Red Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    RDR never got a PC release supposedly because behind the scenes they barely got that game up and running for the systems it did come out on, so a port would be a huge undertaking. As for GTA5, it did have a later release but it's been well supported, and has done pretty well. They've proven they can do good PC versions and that the audience is certainly there for it, so it would be surprising if they completely abandoned the platform now.
    Doesn't really make any sense given its the exact same engine as GTA 4 & 5. Aren't those games also all developed with the PC as a base because the 360s hardware was basically a PC and it was easier that way. The last time Rockstar release a game that wasn't optimized terrible for the PC was GTA2, that's also the last time they made a game with the PC in mind, that was in 1999.

The game looks nice, and the trailer shows that off nicely. But man oh man was that a boring trailer. There's nothing to it, it's just shoots shots hinting at thing (maybe) designed to make you guess at what could be over some really generic sounding western music. For a trailer seemingly trying to get across how full of live the world is, the trailer itself was ironically presented in the mostly boring lifeless way it could be will lifeless music on top of it. This seems all the more strange when you take a look at how energetic and interesting most western trailers for films have been these last few years. Next to those this subdued Rockstar western trailer seems all the stranger.

The trailer is so built around hinting as things, at making you dream about gameplay possibility, that I wonder if in the wake of No Man's Sky people will just not really play that same game and get hyped for that way of selling a game the same way. I would hope so. But maybe not since this is Rockstar and it's a new Red Red Redemption game.

I just wished it showed more, and not in the good way. I wished it showed more because they didn't actually really show much of anything.

Andways...

There were lots of references in the trailer. It opens much the same way as the new Magnificent Seven teaser trailer does. The bit with the guy carrying the dead deer on horseback looks a lot like Christina's World, some Days of Heaven stuff, and the opening of Inglorious Bastards. The muddy town streets look a lot like that first town that looks like it was made on mud in Django Unchained. The guy getting on his horse in the barn looked like a similar scene in Django Unchained, only here there was just one guy. The stagecoach seen in the trailer is almost exactly like the one from The Hateful Eight; only this one has not logo, and doesn't have any flourish on the painted boarders. The starry night campfire bit was a lot like a shot from The Revenant.

If it's pulling stuff from Django Unchained and Thd Hateful Eight, I can only hope they also pull those movies amount of blood and violence. Because for the whole last console generation that's some that Rockstar Games' games have been surprisingly lacking. You asked me in 2001 or 2003 what a Rockstar game ten years later would look like and I'd have guessed something like the Soldier of Fortune games at that time, I would have never guess the developers were presented as the bad boys of gaming would basically become pussies with regards to violence.

Not much shown in the trailer, but this is the upcoming game I am most hyped about by a wide margin.

I only hope that it's at least as good as the first, because that was on a short list of best games of its generation.

It better be a lot better than Redemption, because other than the setting being something not enough games do, it doesn't have much of anything going on. Now if your talk Revolver, yeah, at least that game had character, more memorable characters, better shooting, and more interesting things that happened when you shot things. If they could take what Revolver did well, and mix that with a better open world, and they made the mini-game stuff actually good, (since fucking around with the mini-games basically is the game) it would be good. If they added a survival aspect, where you needed to eat, drink, and be dressed for whatever environment you're in, that would be nice too. Doing that would create gameplay and maybe mean money wouldn't become pointless not far into the game.

Would also be nice if this game actually let you do the things Redemption teased and than never actually did. Basically that whole game is a tease to you running a ranch. That's what your guy wants to do, that's what he talks about saving up for, what you're working for that woman and the game is teaching you how to round up cattle, it feels like it's teaching you how to do that. And then the game goes on and on and never gets to it, and than it does, but you aren't setting things up yourself like Simfarm or Harvest Moon, you're just boringly running around doing QTE while thinking of all the wasted potential there and how being able to actually run a ranch and farm yourself would give you something to do with all that money you keep getting but became useless because you bought everything long long ago.

BANNED

Im excited

and I have zero desire to herd cattle

Someone with some free time I think lost their mind watching the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Im excited

and I have zero desire to herd cattle
    I'm sure you'll have to, you did in the last game. I'd say if that game wasn't going to let you actually build up and run your own ranch like the character keeps talking about (which seems to be the game telling you where it's going) than it should have just dropped all together along with the bit that feels like a tutorial for when you do get your own ranch. Don't tease me with interesting places it could go and throw tutorials at me for stuff I'll never really do again if your not going to actually go those places game. If shooting was going to be the focus like it actually was than maybe they should have made it better than the game before it, have the characters goals built around that, and create better scenarios around the action gameplay.

Extraordinary Member

Hope the mp isn't the lag and glitch fest the 1st one was. Freeroam was fun until you got sniped from someone hiding underground...Max Payne 3 mp spoiled me that's what a 3rd person shooter should be. If it isn't as good as that I wont be buying it.

BANNED

I thought the shooting was fine, I was headshotting almost everyone or damn close to it

Extraordinary Member

The aiming system was fine but there were times I would headshot someone and they would still kill me char and on the kill screen they would have blood coming out of their head and I'm like...WTF????lol.

I felt like Tiny Tim during his hippy days picking flowers was not a great idea. The ranch however sounds good, at least you could travel the map gathering livestock and at times defend against ranch attacks. Why not have him become a sheriff and run the law in his territory. I did enjoy the hunting and the bears and mountain lions kept you on your toes.
    Hail Hydra!

Hope this kind of thing doesn't happen to Redemption 2.

BANNED

Default New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

Kind of surprised I didn't see this posted yet.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Finally confirmation this is a prequel and that Dutch's Gang will be the focus. Surprised they didn't go with multiple characters again like GTA V did.

BANNED

I have no idea who any of the characters in the trailer even were.

Can we tell at this point if they aren't doing the multiple character thing? It looks like you've got a group, might be able to switch between them. Could have even more people you can switch between, like an RPG.