Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    Silver Sable - I've always loved her as part of the spider-verse & love her monochromatic look. I'm confused by her "status" since books have provided conflicting reports, but if she comes back I'd love to see her given a solo or prominent role in a team book to see how she will interact/react to others. As a kid I enjoyed her Wild Pack book & appearances in Spider-Man media and would love to see her return & be elevated. She doesn't even have a Marvel Legends figure for crying out loud.
    Hopefully, you've been reading the current Spider-Event DEAD NO MORE: THE CLONE CONSPIRACY.......it's probably an extreme long shot as to seeing Silver Sable again; but you'll never know....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wonder what's even up with Dagger, these days. Last I heard, she and Cloak had switched powers, and I would *love* to get to see some of that action, before it (inevitably, IMO) gets rebooted back to baseline. Dagger with darkforce powers? Heck yeah, let's see what kind of teleporting acrobatic Nightcrawler-esque action Tandy can get up to!
    Long story short.....AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #6-#9 basically resolved both the 'switched powers' and being under Mr. Negative's control for both Tandy & Tyrone.....IOW, Cloak & Dagger are back with their original powers again.

Other favorites by team, that seem to have fallen by the wayside;
    Initiative - Komodo! (Or Gorilla Girl, or Telemetry, there were lots!)
    Avengers Academy - Finesse!
    Runaways - Princess Powerful/Molly Hayes!
    Good questions about their current status.....with more for RUNAWAYS Karolina Dean/Lucy in the Sky & Klara Plast.

Marvel is clearly giving priority to new characters or legacy characters but there is still room for old friends like Jessica and Jennifer just do not understand how they decide it. I also have the impression that the young Jean and young Iceman will be the protagonists of the new solos mutants comics .

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Here's my list:

Clea
    Gorilla Girl
    Shark Girl
    Nature Girl
    Firebird

I'll let you know if I think of anything else. Thank you.

Spitfire, Miss Thing, Hummingbird, Moondragon, Firebird. Shamerock, Sun Girl, Namora, Namorita,

Elsa Bloodstone deserves major attention. There is not another existing Marvel character I can think of that screams hit solo book but has never been given that push.

I think Karima Shapandar/Omega Sentinel would be a great lead for a Brubaker-esque noir book (team or solo). The concept of her character is strong, IMO, and would work well in or outside of the X-Books.

Dani Moonstar and Monet St. Croix are two fringe X-Characters who can quite easily catch a spot on a team but don't get super meaty storylines. Creep (Marisol Guerra) showed a lot of potential in what was otherwise a bland Storm series.

Karolina Dean seems like she'd fit in with the in flux of awesome teens like MAC, Hawkeye, and co.

Ah! Now I remember!

Dust.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Songbird. Also...Shadowoman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Here's my list:
    Clea
    Gorilla Girl
    Shark Girl
    Nature Girl
    Firebird
    I'll let you know if I think of anything else. Thank you.
    With the current state of Dr. Strange, a sort of 'Tony Stark lite,' I think I'd rather read about Clea, with the Flames of the Faltines, as Sorceress Supreme. That might shake things up a bit.

Of the Initiative girls, Gorilla Girl was definitely one of the more fun ones. Of those who didn't get a big push in the story (like Komodo and Cloud 9), I also liked Telemetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Spitfire, Miss Thing, Hummingbird, Moondragon, Firebird, Shamrock, Sun Girl, Namora, Namorita,
    Ooh yes, Sun Girl, definitely! I'm not sure how I feel about Hummingbird. Flight, empathy and mystical flame projection don't exactly scream Huitzilochtli, to me. I have no idea where they were going with that character. Also introduced in that run, Faisa san Namora/Water Snake, was also pretty cool. It was nice to see an Atlantean that was *not* a pink-skinned super-strong mutant with ankle wings.

And heck yeah, to Moondragon. Serious, serious powerhouse. Telepathic enough to punch through Galactus' mental defenses and mind-control an entire planet. Telekinetic enough to block a blow from Thor's hammer. Ridiculous alien martial arts skill, just as a side-bonus. Twice the attitude of Emma Frost, with none of the hair. She's the total package. About the only excuse I'd accept for her not already being out there and dominating a team is the same reason we don't see much of Sersi these days, she's just too darn good for the room.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Elsa Bloodstone deserves major attention. There is not another existing Marvel character I can think of that screams hit solo book but has never been given that push.

I think Karima Shapandar/Omega Sentinel would be a great lead for a Brubaker-esque noir book (team or solo). The concept of her character is strong, IMO, and would work well in or outside of the X-Books.

Dani Moonstar and Monet St. Croix are two fringe X-Characters who can quite easily catch a spot on a team but don't get super meaty storylines. Creep (Marisol Guerra) showed a lot of potential in what was otherwise a bland Storm series.

Karolina Dean seems like she'd fit in with the in flux of awesome teens like MAC, Hawkeye, and co.
    Agreed to all of this! I'd love to see more of Dani, Monet, Karolina and, especially, miss Bloodstone!

Interesting thoughts on Omega Sentinel. I hadn't thought of her as a breakout character before, but she's certainly got potential. With her mutant detection / scanning ability, she might make a neat replacement for PADs X-Factor, being a sort of behind-the-scenes person who deals with problems for mutant clients.

Spider-Woman- Jessica Drew. Sadly, the sales for her series right now are not good at all. The last book sold like 17k I believe which is well in cancellation territory. Personally, I'm not crazy about the current series or outfit, but maybe with a new creative team and direction they can rejuvenate the title. Love her character.

Tigra- Another one of my favorites. Has she even been around since Secret Wars ended? I'd love to see her get on another team.

Spider-Girl/Mayday Parker- My personal favorite Spider-Girl. I would LOVE another series with her.

Rogue- For such an important mutant, she really isn't that involved in the overall universe which is surprising.

Betty Ross- I'm hoping everyday for them to bring her back as Red She-Hulk. Really liked her when she was RSH and if they could somehow bring her back, I'd be very happy.

[QUOTE=Sutekh;2365825]With the current state of Dr. Strange, a sort of 'Tony Stark lite,' I think I'd rather read about Clea, with the Flames of the Faltines, as Sorceress Supreme. That might shake things up a bit.

I agree with this idea!

Of the Initiative girls, Gorilla Girl was definitely one of the more fun ones. Of those who didn't get a big push in the story (like Komodo and Cloud 9), I also liked Telemetry.

And heck yeah, to Moondragon. Serious, serious powerhouse. Telepathic enough to punch through Galactus' mental defenses and mind-control an entire planet. Telekinetic enough to block a blow from Thor's hammer. Ridiculous alien martial arts skill, just as a side-bonus. Twice the attitude of Emma Frost, with none of the hair. She's the total package. About the only excuse I'd accept for her not already being out there and dominating a team is the same reason we don't see much of Sersi these days, she's just too darn good for the room.

Very true!

Amazing Member

At the moment i'm happy with Songbird's role, she would be one of my faves.

Down the list, I also have a soft spot for Amanda Sefton. It was nice seeing her a bit in the Nightcrawler solo. Maybe not a solo star herself but I think a magical team would suit her well, if we get a book like that.

Also another idea I would like to see would be to put X-23/Laura/Wolverine II at the helm of a team of girls with an edge team. For eligible characters maybe four out of the following like The Sisters, or characters she's interacted with before (like Kiden Nixon, Finesse, Carmilla Black or maybe vampire Jubilee) or ones less familiar (like Troll, Hummingbird, Mania, Vampire by Night), etc. Mostly on the idea of here we have a team that is trying to bond, trying to kick rears and sometimes having to deal with getting a little too violent. Which could make for good character bonding moments and allow some dark humor. As I think X-23 could in both a story and in a real life way help bring some of these other characters into growing their fandoms.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattPriceTime View Post
    At the moment i'm happy with Songbird's role, she would be one of my faves.

Down the list, I also have a soft spot for Amanda Sefton. It was nice seeing her a bit in the Nightcrawler solo. Maybe not a solo star herself but I think a magical team would suit her well, if we get a book like that.

Also another idea I would like to see would be to put X-23/Laura/Wolverine II at the helm of a team of girls with an edge team. For eligible characters maybe four out of the following like The Sisters, or characters she's interacted with before (like Kiden Nixon, Finesse, Carmilla Black or maybe vampire Jubilee) or ones less familiar (like Troll, Hummingbird, Mania, Vampire by Night), etc. Mostly on the idea of here we have a team that is trying to bond, trying to kick rears and sometimes having to deal with getting a little too violent. Which could make for good character bonding moments and allow some dark humor. As I think X-23 could in both a story and in a real life way help bring some of these other characters into growing their fandoms.
    That sounds like an excellent idea. I'd especially love to see Carmilla Black, Hummingbird, and Mania, although the last one depends on how Venom: Space Knight #13 turns out for her, if she's even still alive at all or has access to her symbiotic or demonic powers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MattPriceTime View Post
    Also another idea I would like to see would be to put X-23/Laura/Wolverine II at the helm of a team of girls with an edge team. For eligible characters maybe four out of the following like The Sisters, or characters she's interacted with before (like Kiden Nixon, Finesse, Carmilla Black or maybe vampire Jubilee) or ones less familiar (like Troll, Hummingbird, Mania, Vampire by Night), etc.
    Finesse is a huge favorite of mine, so heck yeah. Kiden Nixon and Carmilla Black are also pretty cool. There are so many interesting characters lying around, just waiting for a writer to bring them back to the light.