Default X-Men Fatal Attractions Collected Edition. Omnibus or Softcover?

I want to read the the X-Men Fatal Attractions event and I noticed that there's two different versions of the collected edition. One version is your standard softcover and the other is a giant omnibus. Which version should I get and why should this version matter? I know more isn't exactly better but it'd be fun to get the whole story.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nynosix View Post
    I want to read the the X-Men Fatal Attractions event and I noticed that there's two different versions of the collected edition. One version is your standard softcover and the other is a giant omnibus. Which version should I get and why should this version matter? I know more isn't exactly better but it'd be fun to get the whole story.
    The OHC (it's technically not an Omnibus) is 816 pages and collects more issues than the softcover. It collects: Uncanny X-Men 298-305, 315, Annual 17; X-Factor 87-92; X-Men Unlimited 1-2; X-Force 25; X-Men 25; Wolverine 75; Excalibur 71

The new TPB that just came out is 504 pages and only collects the following: Uncanny X-Men 298-300, 303-304, 315; X-Factor 92; X-Men Unlimited 2; X-Force 25; X-Men 25; Wolverine 75; Excalibur 71 i.e the issues that relate directly to the storyline only. There's also an old TPB from 1994 which only collects the six core issues - avoid that one.

The version you buy depends upon what you want: if you're an X-Men completist get the OHC because it collects several issues which haven't been collected anywhere else and lines up nicely with the other X-Men OHCs and Omnibuses to give you an almost complete unbroken run of Uncanny X-Men from Fall of the Mutants to the Age of Apocalypse. If you prefer the paperback format, if the cost is an issue or you only want to read the Fatal Attractions storyline get the TPB.

Incredible Member

Flipping through it at Barnes & Noble only reminded me more how happy I am to have gotten rid of those issues, I can't believe how involved I was with X-Men in the 90's looking back at the mediocre artwork, the story is only remembered for Collossus' sister Illyana dying and Wolverine getting the adamantium pulled from his body.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Disappointed none of them seem to have the holograms. C'mon, Marvel! Don't cheat me on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Flipping through it at Barnes & Noble only reminded me more how happy I am to have gotten rid of those issues, I can't believe how involved I was with X-Men in the 90's looking back at the mediocre artwork, the story is only remembered for Collossus' sister Illyana dying and Wolverine getting the adamantium pulled from his body.
    I like Chuck's bit before he mind wipe's Magneto. And, some of the Acolyte's torture of humans is just gut-wrenching. There's a bit with a woman whose face has been burned in tracks. These were genuine supremacist #*@^!s and it I still "hold it against" Colossus for signing up with them.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Disappointed none of them seem to have the holograms. C'mon, Marvel! Don't cheat me on this!

I like Chuck's bit before he mind wipe's Magneto. And, some of the Acolyte's torture of humans is just gut-wrenching. There's a bit with a woman whose face has been burned in tracks. These were genuine supremacist #*@^!s and it I still "hold it against" Colossus for signing up with them.
    Exactly. It is still one of the best X-Men stories of the '90s. Especially since Colossus was one of my favorites and back then. Also, not knowing what would happen to Wolverine was thrilling. I reread the omnibus recently and the writing still holds up well. People like to totalize all 90s X-Men s bad, but there were many great storylines, just not as many as the bad storylines.