Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thought this was great fun. Read it twice. The more Cable and X-Force the better IMO. Especially with Wolverine dying. I need a new Cable solo book written by Swiercynski. Or perhaps a new Cable / Deadpool ongoing book.

I grew up reading the X-force i loved it . what i really liked about the variant edition of the comic wasnt only the awesome cover but the old school X force logo used .

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EJsueoxmid...0/xfc_logo.png

I love the way Swiercynski hasn't made deadpool the loud mouth that he is today and gave him hes early X-force/ new mutants feel . love it

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm sure you've heard it a million times by now... but his new ongoing is really, really good. And not 32 pages of toilet humor and bad jokes.
    I tried the new ongoing and left after four issues. I just couldn't get into it. The jokes didn't make me laugh and he was still too cartoon to me. I thought Cable/Deadpool had a perfect balance to it as did this issue. Was thinking about trying the book again with the wedding issue but the art and previews didnt change my opinion unfortunately.

why does it seem like all the minorites (sides James) are gone from this story?

1. Sunspot
    2.Feral
    3.Rictor
    4. Shatterstar

And I miss Rahne. I like Cannonball and Meltdown but James is too straight a character for them to play off of.

speaking of Meltdown, WHY oh WHY is she called Boom Boom in this? she had already changed her name to Boomer.

I hate the name change back to Boom Boom seems like a regression of the character.

This is the Tabitha I love
    meltdown20.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I tried the new ongoing and left after four issues. I just couldn't get into it. The jokes didn't make me laugh and he was still too cartoon to me. I thought Cable/Deadpool had a perfect balance to it as did this issue. Was thinking about trying the book again with the wedding issue but the art and previews didnt change my opinion unfortunately.
    Understandable... the first arc was a little rocky. But it's gotten much better. I think it's as close to Kelly's Deadpool since Remender wrote him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I definitely recommend the "Good the bad and ugly" TPB at the very least. Can mostly stand alone and really stands up as one of better (and darker) stories in his history.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I really don't like Deadpool, but this appealed to me in every other way and overall it was a fun start. Marvel is getting better about stories that aren't in the current continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Thanks cc008.

Does anyone else think the main cover is Larraz's homage to the 90's? It's got a bit of a retro feel to it, and the lines and shading look different to the interior art. I assumed it was, given the whole book is a massive nostalgia fest. (And I liked it!)

Attachment 5172

How Lielfeld would have drawn it in 1990, if Liefeld could draw like Larraz.
    Deadpool's expression is class.
    That is a Shane Davis cover.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I really don't like Deadpool, but this appealed to me in every other way and overall it was a fun start. Marvel is getting better about stories that aren't in the current continuity.

That is a Shane Davis cover.
    I'll take your word for it. My digital copy credits Larraz for the cover, but I've noticed they're frequently wrong. Would explain the difference in styles though.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post

1. Sunspot
    2.Feral
    3.Rictor
    4. Shatterstar

And I miss Rahne. I like Cannonball and Meltdown but James is too straight a character for them to play off of.

speaking of Meltdown, WHY oh WHY is she called Boom Boom in this? she had already changed her name to Boomer.
    She didn't change her name to Boomer until around X-cutioner's song which was around X-Force #18. This takes place prior to New Mutants #98, so she would still be Boom Boom here.

The art is great and it's mindless fun would have liked to see Shatterster but I'll be happy with what is there.

Astonishing Member

Sunspot and Rictor were not part of X Force yet. Shatterstar was not gay yet so he wasn't I minority. Can't recall when it was revealed that Feral is hispanic.

1. Sunspot
    2.Feral
    3.Rictor
    4. Shatterstar

I hate the name change back to Boom Boom seems like a regression of the character.

This is the Tabitha I love
    meltdown20.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    She didn't change her name to Boomer until around X-cutioner's song which was around X-Force #18. This takes place prior to New Mutants #98, so she would still be Boom Boom here.
    ahhh okay I thought she changed it during inferno but i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Sunspot and Rictor were not part of X Force yet. Shatterstar was not gay yet so he wasn't I minority. Can't recall when it was revealed that Feral is hispanic.
    I'm pretty sure Rictor and Bobby were on the New mutants team around this time tho. Shatterstar is an alien.

I really hope this mini-series is Marvel testing the waters on a new ongoing Cable & Deadpool series by this creative team. With Cable running X-Force and Wade not being a part of it, and DP on the Thunderbolts now, it would be a great opportunity to pair them up for some adventures together and the resulting mayhem. #wishfulthinking

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I really hope this mini-series is Marvel testing the waters on a new ongoing Cable & Deadpool series by this creative team. With Cable running X-Force and Wade not being a part of it, and DP on the Thunderbolts now, it would be a great opportunity to pair them up for some adventures together and the resulting mayhem. #wishfulthinking
    I'd even settle for a mini of Cable and Deadpool. Don't care what it's about. Maybe some side effect of their "condition" from 'Cable and Deadpool' or just catching up for 4 issues.

I'm pretty sure Rictor and Bobby were on the New mutants team around this time tho. Shatterstar is an alien.

The last page explains where the others are. B asically, the others didn't respond to Cable's call to arms.