Page 80 of 102 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1517

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's great actually. Hopefully, D.C. will understand peoples are willing to truly give Duke a chance and will greenlight, if not a solo ongoing, at least a longer mini so Tony Patrick and/or Bryan Hill will get to develop this part of the Bat-Family more.
    His best chance is a mini if you ask me.

A question for Duke fans, does this mini justified the "Dayligth Batman" premise that they were going for? or just kind of ignores it?.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    A question for Duke fans, does this mini justified the "Dayligth Batman" premise that they were going for? or just kind of ignores it?.
    well the whole thing is set during the day which is pretty cool! I like how different Gotham is during the day.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    well the whole thing is set during the day which is pretty cool! I like how different Gotham is during the day.
    Yep, I'd say it helped showcase how the character can work. Though seeing as they are putting him in a team/training book immediately after 3 issues shows they don't care much about keeping him in that setting.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think that Duke needs a legitimate experiment in seeing how he sells solo. I think We Are Robin is a reasonable test of that, and if we get a Signal mini or ongoing, that will also count.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-07-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think that Duke needs a legitimate experiment in seeing how he sells solo. I think We Are Robin is a reasonable test of that, and if we get a Signal mini or ongoing, that will also count.
    Yeah, Duke oush had been half-hearted at best, how well, We Are Robin sell, based in memory alone i do rmenber being almost on part with things like Lois and Clark in the 20k mark.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yeah, Duke oush had been half-hearted at best, how well, We Are Robin sell, based in memory alone i do rmenber being almost on part with things like Lois and Clark in the 20k mark.
    I'm actually really curious to see how Tec sells with Duke so heavily marketed. I know I'm being a bit hypocritical, since Tec is one of the main Bat titles, but I'll be curious what a non-newbie writer can do with Duke in terms of sales. Hill isn't a "name", but he's a writing vet.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Someone else made this argument before, but I don't think it is necessary. Even if DC publishes a solo, it will likely still be called batman and the signal, and with issue 3 still being over 30k. The book managed to keep a good sized audience, even with delays. I don't think anymore tests are needed besides just putting it out there.

What creative team would you guys like to see on a Signal solo title? I would go with Bryan Hill writing, Ben Oliver on art and Alejandro Sanchez on colors. I don't think that'll ever happen but I think it would be pretty amazing.

Ultimate Member

I'm actually really curious to see how Tec sells with Duke so heavily marketed. I know I'm being a bit hypocritical, since Tec is one of the main Bat titles, but I'll be curious what a non-newbie writer can do with Duke in terms of sales. Hill isn't a "name", but he's a writing vet.
    Detective Comics is just like the Batman book-it will get over ordered and bought by libraries because it's Batman.

Even if sales were to go to 100K-Duke will never get credit when you have Batman, Cassandra & Black Lightning in the cast.

So I'm curious, how do people feel about duke in batman white knight? the character is nothing like Duke in the DCU and seems like Murphy only called him that because he was black.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    What creative team would you guys like to see on a Signal solo title? I would go with Bryan Hill writing, Ben Oliver on art and Alejandro Sanchez on colors. I don't think that'll ever happen but I think it would be pretty amazing.
    Christopher Priest would be interesting to see. I like his work on Deathstroke and he did some good work with Tanya and NuWally so maybe he could do something interesting with Duke.
    It does sets up the daylight shift and Duke's role in it but YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So I'm curious, how do people feel about duke in batman white knight? the character is nothing like Duke in the DCU and seems like Murphy only called him that because he was black.
    At first it was cool to see Duke get an alternate version but i didn't finish it. I'm hoping he gets classic Duke's powers as it would be a funny juxtaposition. White Knight Duke is built like a big dude so you'd assume he's a brawler but his powers require him to be more strategic.

What aspects of classic Duke do you wanna see White Knight Duke pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Christopher Priest would be interesting to see. I like his work on Deathstroke and he did some good work with Tanya and NuWally so maybe he could do something interesting with Duke.

It does sets up the daylight shift and Duke's role in it but YMMV.

At first it was cool to see Duke get an alternate version but i didn't finish it. I'm hoping he gets classic Duke's powers as it would be a funny juxtaposition. White Knight Duke is built like a big dude so you'd assume he's a brawler but his powers require him to be more strategic.

What aspects of classic Duke do you wanna see White Knight Duke pick up?
    Honestly don't know, just pointing out it didn't seem like Duke except in name only.

DETECTIVE COMICS #987
    written by BRYAN HILL
    art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA
    cover by EDUARDO PANSICA
    variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    The pulse-pounding “On the Outside” storyline hurtles toward its cataclysmic conclusion! Batman has tasked Katana, Black Lightning, the Signal and Orphan (a.k.a. Cassandra Cain) with stopping a rogue operator using alien technology that can crack into any mind on Earth! What does this case have to do with the Brainiac Files seen in JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE #1? And how does Amanda Waller factor in? Guess you’re “outside” of Batman’s circle of trust…for now.
    ON SALE 08.22.18
    $2.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

Some Duke Hype.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly don't know, just pointing out it didn't seem like Duke except in name only.

I would suspect when this series was being worked on-it might not have meant to be Duke. Or it was always meant to be him based on what little was already out there.

Lets say this story was being worked on back at the start of Rebirth or even earlier. I would say the We Are Robin version is the Duke that we see in White Knight. If not we would have seen his powers in that series at some point.

Some Duke Hype.
    Don't forget Hill is writing Miles Morales that month and does the Duke trade come out as well.

So if someone likes Hill's Miles-they can get the Duke trade as well.

And it's real funny Hill have written both the top black teens for both companies. Interesting if he got both of the ongoings.