Page 30 of 102 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Some people might fit into that category, sure, but I'm mainly talking about those that keep reading books they hate specifically to keep on posting their rants about said books. Doesn't matter that they are, in all likelihood, not buying them. Those are the type of "fans" that I can't stand because they come off as not even liking the medium in the first place to me. Instead of wasting the energy on ranting about a book you (the general "you") clearly don't enjoy why not concentrate on one that you do and let people who do enjoy have their fun?
    This. I don't understand some people who focus too much on what they hate and be so loud about it.

BANNED

Instead of wasting the energy on ranting about a book you (the general "you") clearly don't enjoy why not concentrate on one that you do and let people who do enjoy have their fun?
    You're right, I should stop being so negative and instead focus on the new Wally West solo book, and the new Tim Drake solo book, and Cass and Steph and their new solo books.

See anything wrong with that statement? Dude, don't tell fans who's favorite characters actually are being abused and sidelined how to act. You have no bloody idea how that kind of fan feels right now, so stop talking down to us.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    You're right, I should stop being so negative and instead focus on the new Wally West solo book, and the new Tim Drake solo book, and Cass and Steph and their new solo books.

See anything wrong with that statement? Dude, don't tell fans who's favorite characters actually are being abused and sidelined how to act. You have no bloody idea how that kind of fan feels right now, so stop talking down to us.
    You know I hate it when people presume to know things about me without actually really knowing me at all! I've been in exactly your position countless times over the years so don't presume that I have no bloody idea how fans like you feel because I bloody well do! I've had countless favorite characters limboed and my favorite Robin was killed off in a gimmicky phone poll so please tell me again how I couldn't possible understand how you feel! That was completely out of line, dude.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 07-13-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

You know I hate it when people presume to know things about me without actually really knowing me at all! I've been in exactly your position countless times over the years so don't presume that I have no bloody idea how fans like you feel because I bloody well do! I've had countless favorite characters limboed and my favorite Robin was killed off in a gimmicky phone poll so please tell me again how I couldn't possible understand how you feel! That was completely out of line, dude.
    If your favorite characters have been limboed or killed off, why don't you appreciate the fact that some fans are happy to see them mistreated, and focus on stuff you like instead of getting upset?

If your favorite characters have been limboed or killed off, why don't you appreciate the fact that some fans are happy to see them mistreated, and focus on stuff you like instead of getting upset?
    I'm not saying you should appreciate that some fans are happy to see them mistreated but I don't see why its necessary to continually rant about it on a forum when there are more direct ways of bringing your complaints to the attention of people at DC. Blowing off steam is one thing and I've done that on occasion but there are times that people go beyond that and that's overkill in my opinion.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

BANNED

I'm not saying you should appreciate that some fans are happy to see them mistreated but I don't see why its necessary to continually rant about it on a forum when there are more direct ways of bringing your complaints to the attention of people at DC. Blowing off steam is one thing and I've done that on occasion but there are times that people go beyond that and that's overkill in my opinion.
    Because bringing complaints to people actually working for DC just leads to bogus excuses and empty promises. I know cause I've done it myself. It doesn't work.

Because bringing complaints to people actually working for DC just leads to bogus excuses and empty promises. I know cause I've done it myself. It doesn't work.
    Ranting about it endlessly on a forum doesn't seem a particularly productive way to get their attention either in my opinion. Also it was fans continuing to hound them that got Steph, Cass and even Wally back so I'm not sure I'd discount that avenue just yet.

BANNED

Ranting about it endlessly on a forum doesn't seem a particularly productive way to get their attention either in my opinion. Also it was fans continuing to hound them that got Steph, Cass and even Wally back so I'm not sure I'd discount that avenue just yet.
    Yeah cause all those characters are doing great right now. Sh*tty supporting roles with no better opportunities in sight. What progress.

I'm done posting in this thread, so if you must respond please do so in the other one.

You do know that it's the Duke Thomas appreciation thread here, right ?

Yep and to get back to that I hope his solo is going to feature the WAR kids as part of his supporting cast. I miss Riko, Dre and Isabella and would like to see more of them. What other things are people looking forward to with this book?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yep and to get back to that I hope his solo is going to feature the WAR kids as part of his supporting cast. I miss Riko, Dre and Isabella and would like to see more of them. What other things are people looking forward to with this book?
    I am so onboard with the We Are Robin kids being Duke's supporting cast you have no idea.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am so onboard with the We Are Robin kids being Duke's supporting cast you have no idea.
    I've said it before but I think Duke could seriously have his own really good supporting cast.

He's already got Gotham Girl as a love interest, as they are supposed to end up married in the future. So I'd like to see her appear in his book.

The WAR kids aswell, could and should definitely appear. A Duke solo book would be an awesome place to continue their stories.

Plus other characters who could appear such as Julie Madison, the Organisation Dukes mum was part of and of course all the Batfamily and its supporting characters who could appear.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Agreed! If it were that, I could be very interested in a Duke solo. I'm worried that it's going to be a cosmic, GL type book. I just don't like those at all.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Agreed! If it were that, I could be very interested in a Duke solo. I'm worried that it's going to be a cosmic, GL type book. I just don't like those at all.
    I hope it's not a cosmic, GL type book myself not that I have a problem with those at all. I probably wouldn't have a problem with there being cosmic elements to his solo but I don't want it to be only type of story that's told in it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    You do know that it's the Duke Thomas appreciation thread here, right ?
    Exactly, if people keep posting when they clearly don't like the character I'm going to start reporting. Cause that's not right. Take those issues someplace else.