Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
Currently on Amazon that trade ranks

222 for DC Super Hero trades
771 for overall Super Hero trades.

I did so some looking around at other books that came out between May 2018-August 2018 to see where Duke ranked.

It depends on what your goal is for Duke.

If you wanted him to beat Miles Morales, Ms Marvel & Squirrel Girl. Based on Amazon numbers for their last trades and his-Duke loses BADLY.
If you wanted him to beat Moon Girl or Kate Bishop-he won.

If you wanted to see how he holds up against the likes of Priest's Justice League run, Flash, Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Aquaman, WW, Teen Titans, Orlando's JLA, Supergirl & Cyborg. He PASSES. He beat all of their recent trades. He SOUNDLY beat Supergirl & Cyborg.

He is still DC's black top selling black hero with a book of his own.

For what little that has been done with him-you got a success. I think if you had him do more than panel cameos in Batman (looking at YOU Tom King) and be the book I thought it was going to be (like Bruce & Tim in the 90s where you saw them together). The numbers would have been higher.

I would say try another mini series. Because Dc needs SOMEONE to counter not so much Miles Morales but Patriot. Since he is in the Marvel rising film and got toys coming. Meaning we will see him and Falcon together again. So why not counter with Batman & Duke?
So that means as Synder said, Duke's mini did do better than expected and held its own where it mattered, and showed that there is an audience for him and what he stands for.

As for Rayshaun/Patriot, you might be right. His Marvel Initiative version, especially, if Marvel follows through like they seem to be with the new brand, could well mean something. In such a case, yeah, I could see The Signal and Patriot potentially being "rivals", maybe. (Theoretically, there's room enough for both; but the ball still on DC's court to earnestly push Duke/The Signal regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
No disrespect to Tom King. But it's very weird when someone would rather develop Kite-Man than The Signal. With Duke, there are so many things you can play with. Orlando did well with that.
Yeah, that's is kinda too bad. I'm sure folks loved Kite-Man's prevalence, even though it's freaking Kite-Man. That Tom King treated Kite-Man better than Duke, even simply as a recurring presence, really doesn't speak well to King's handling of Duke.

Now, this coming December, he'll have Batman fraternizing with the Penguin...