Page 85 of 102 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1517
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Is Duke shown to be actually close to them or was it just a bonding moment?

I'm still doing some back reading in DC, could you point me to where Duke and Damian interact. Also, is the New Talent Showcase considered cannon?
    I think so. I think it was a setup for the mini and showed Duke with Jason training. So I would consider it canon. I wold say if it's in Duke's trade-it is.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Is Duke shown to be actually close to them or was it just a bonding moment?

I'm still doing some back reading in DC, could you point me to where Duke and Damian interact.
    Duke and Damian interact during Robin War.

And yes, they're mostly bonding moments - but in general, that's what you get in superhero comics, I think. Repeated moments form our understanding of relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We have heard something like that said about a LOT of characters only to be disappointed.
    I mean, as a Steph fan, I definitely feel that (I think except for my poor Batwing, she got the least focus in Tec), but I trust Hill's storytelling sense and ability. A lot more than I trust Snyder's, at least when it comes to Duke.

I think so. I think it was a setup for the mini and showed Duke with Jason training. So I would consider it canon. I wold say if it's in Duke's trade-it is.
    Yes - if it's in the trade, definitely should be considered canon. But...we'll have to see.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think so. I think it was a setup for the mini and showed Duke with Jason training. So I would consider it canon. I would say if it's in Duke's trade-it is.
    I'm pretty certain that story, the cursed wheel, and batman and the signal are all supposed to be in his trade. So I'd consider it canon.

Ok, so I was thinking about something and i wanted to get you guy's thoughts. So the source wall's broken, it's affecting the entire DC universe because of all the cosmic energies leaking in. it's particularly messing with metahumans. How would you guys have it affect Duke and his powers? positively or negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm pretty certain that story, the cursed wheel, and batman and the signal are all supposed to be in his trade. So I'd consider it canon.
    According to this solicit, yes, it does: https://www.newsarama.com/39480-batm...d-someday.html

Collects BATMAN AND THE SIGNAL #1-3 plus stories from ALL-STAR BATMAN #1-4 and 6-9 and NEW TALENT SHOWCASE 2017 #1.

I think that's quite a nice collection - and maybe that's why the mini was only three issues. Though I still think it needed at least one more. Maybe it was an issue with the art?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    According to this solicit, yes, it does: https://www.newsarama.com/39480-batm...d-someday.html

Collects BATMAN AND THE SIGNAL #1-3 plus stories from ALL-STAR BATMAN #1-4 and 6-9 and NEW TALENT SHOWCASE 2017 #1.

I think that's quite a nice collection - and maybe that's why the mini was only three issues. Though I still think it needed at least one more. Maybe it was an issue with the art?
    Based on Tony Patrick's tweets, I think DC specified that they only do 3 from the beginning. I remember after #3 he mentioned they had a lot of ideas that had to be cut for length. The delays however, were because of the art. The series definitely could have benefited from one or two more issues. All the best stuff was in the third issue, so extending the mini and stretching that climax out to give the villain more depth and give Duke more time to show what he can do would have made the series damn near perfect.

Ok, so I was thinking about something and i wanted to get you guy's thoughts. So the source wall's broken, it's affecting the entire DC universe because of all the cosmic energies leaking in. it's particularly messing with metahumans. How would you guys have it affect Duke and his powers? positively or negatively.
    Right now, I would vastly prefer writers to work with what Snyder and Tony Patrick developped. Duke already has great powers for a Detective/stree-level vigilante, a potentially two-tiered Rogue gallery (Gnomon at the top, possibly with his own House of Immortal, the Juvie Arkham for less massive story arcs), a whole lots of problems to deal with by day, both personnal (his cousin, Riko and Izzy) and metahumans (some peoples from the Narrows must have retained their powers after all). So, overall, I think that writers shouldn't start to upset the little status quo he has just yet.

Based on Tony Patrick's tweets, I think DC specified that they only do 3 from the beginning. I remember after #3 he mentioned they had a lot of ideas that had to be cut for length. The delays however, were because of the art. The series definitely could have benefited from one or two more issues. All the best stuff was in the third issue, so extending the mini and stretching that climax out to give the villain more depth and give Duke more time to show what he can do would have made the series damn near perfect.
    Well, I'm saying because of Snyder's backup stories, they planned for only three, because the trade would already have enough material. In terms of planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Right now, I would vastly prefer writers to work with what Snyder and Tony Patrick developped. Duke already has great powers for a Detective/stree-level vigilante, a potentially two-tiered Rogue gallery (Gnomon at the top, possibly with his own House of Immortal, the Juvie Arkham for less massive story arcs), a whole lots of problems to deal with by day, both personnal (his cousin, Riko and Izzy) and metahumans (some peoples from the Narrows must have retained their powers after all). So, overall, I think that writers shouldn't start to upset the little status quo he has just yet.
    That's a good point. DC does have a lot going on for Duke that they could still play with and flesh out. I was thinking they could've used the metahuman outbreaks from the cosmic radiation as a way to jumpstart Duke's rogues and deeper mythos. Like it would be the reason why Gnomon's getting more active in Gotham. Or have it be an excuse to explore Duke's powers, kinda like Beast Boy losing control of his powers because, based on what Gnomon told Duke, there might be more to Duke's abilities we don't know about. Implied immortality, him boosting the other metas, etc.

Well, I'm saying because of Snyder's backup stories, they planned for only three, because the trade would already have enough material. In terms of planning.
    Yeah, I can see that being the reason that they would mandate it only being 3 issues.

Ultimate Member

For what they are charging it's not.

You are only getting 160 pages of stories for $20.

Black Lightning's trades are $20 with 200+ pages.

Batman vol 5 is the same amount of pages but $16.99.

You want better sales that price should reflect what Batman's is.

No one could dig up 68 more pages to add? Like his first appearance? Sketches? script? an exclusive story? You have Batman's name on it-that will get extra sales-so you might as well pack this trade as much as you can. Because this is your package to sell Duke to.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

For what they are charging it's not.

You are only getting 160 pages of stories for $20.

Black Lightning's trades are $20 with 200+ pages.

Batman vol 5 is the same amount of pages but $16.99.

You want better sales that price should reflect what Batman's is.

No one could dig up 68 more pages to add? Like his first appearance? Sketches? script? an exclusive story? You have Batman's name on it-that will get extra sales-so you might as well pack this trade as much as you can. Because this is your package to sell Duke to.
    I suppose that depends on your point of view. To read all these stories originally you would have had to pay a total of $59.88 (39.92 of which was All Star Batman for the backups Duke was in). I think I much rather pay $16.99 (the solicit doesn't say $20.00 BTW) for all of that. Would I have loved more pages there? Sure but still its a steal price-wise IMO.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Duke and Damian interact during Robin War.
    I completely forgot the Robin War existed. It was sitting in my comixology bought and unread. It was a good read outside of the Lobdell chapters. I see what you mean now, Duke and Damian just hanging out outside of crime fighting.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Has Duke met Selina Kyle yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Duke met Selina Kyle yet?
    He has. They both appear in I Am Bane (i don't remember if they actually interact but I believe they do) and they interact at the end of The New Talent Showcase.

are there going to be unique villains set up for Duke? Teen/young adult villains at all?