Page 86 of 102 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1517
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are there going to be unique villains set up for Duke? Teen/young adult villains at all?
    There was one in batman and the signal. Though based on tony patrick's tweets, doesn't seem like Duke is getting a actual book anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    There was one in batman and the signal. Though based on tony patrick's tweets, doesn't seem like Duke is getting a actual book anytime soon.
    Duke should have his own monthly solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Duke should have his own monthly solo book.
    Agreed. B&S created a very fertile foundation for Duke, IMHO, and I would really hate to see all of this simply ignored in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Agreed. B&S created a very fertile foundation for Duke, IMHO, and I would really hate to see all of this simply ignored in the future.
    I agree, but I worry DC might think duke being in detective/outsiders is enough, and all his fans will just buy that and be satisfied . I think how that upcoming trade that collects all of Duke's solo stories so far will be the real indicator for the future of the character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I agree, but I worry DC might think duke being in detective/outsiders is enough, and all his fans will just buy that and be satisfied . I think how that upcoming trade that collects all of Duke's solo stories so far will be the real indicator for the future of the character.
    Gee how did that work for Cyborg in Justice League?

They didn't think it was enough for Jessica & Simon to be in the League and they got Hal's book.

When do we get out of out of the settling for crumbs stage? Especially with black males.

Here are you trade ratings on Amazon

Batman & The Signal trade
    #2298 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > DC
    #9479 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

That is better than 2 out of the 3 Cyborg trades
    It is the worst numbers for all the New Age Hero trades (who come out in Sept & October)

We Are Robin volume 2 (can't do volume 1 yet it is a high seller for teens)
    #925 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > DC
    #3442 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

To add more INSULT to injury-Hill's other book Michael Cray volume 2 preorders for a 1-1-2019 release
    #1801 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > DC
    #7049 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Detective/Outsiders is NOT enough. That trade is NOT enough.

When does the "I get a gold star for trying" STOP? WHen do you take the leap of faith and say bleep it-just do it? You get 6 issues? So what? After Cyborg-they have no excuse to not try.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Gee how did that work for Cyborg in Justice League?

They didn't think it was enough for Jessica & Simon to be in the League and they got Hal's book.

When do we get out of out of the settling for crumbs stage? Especially with black males.

Here are you trade ratings on Amazon

Batman & The Signal trade
    #2298 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > DC
    #9479 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

That is better than 2 out of the 3 Cyborg trades
    It is the worst numbers for all the New Age Hero trades (who come out in Sept & October)

We Are Robin volume 2 (can't do volume 1 yet it is a high seller for teens)
    #925 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > DC
    #3442 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

To add more INSULT to injury-Hill's other book Michael Cray volume 2 preorders for a 1-1-2019 release
    #1801 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > DC
    #7049 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Detective/Outsiders is NOT enough. That trade is NOT enough.

When does the "I get a gold star for trying" STOP? WHen do you take the leap of faith and say bleep it-just do it? You get 6 issues? So what? After Cyborg-they have no excuse to not try.
    Maybe you misread what I said, i am only speculating how the trade does will determine if Duke gets a ongoing.

I was hoping our boy would get a chance to finally shine for real in this arc in Detective comics buuuut...

Screenshot_20180711-231343_Twitter.jpg

It's still shaping up to be an amazing arc, so i guess I can fully enjoy it without waiting for his moment now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I was hoping our boy would get a chance to finally shine for real in this arc in Detective comics buuuut...

Screenshot_20180711-231343_Twitter.jpg

It's still shaping up to be an amazing arc, so i guess I can fully enjoy it without waiting for his moment now
    As I said before, Fridging...Really a sad case.

I believe the proper phrase is "jobbed" or "worfed" instead of "fridged".

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    As I said before, Fridging...Really a sad case.
    Fridging is only if the character's suffering is primarily for another character's development. I still believe that Duke's going to be a big star of this book.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I believe the proper phrase is "jobbed" or "worfed" instead of "fridged".
    Not really "jobbed" or "worfed" implies that the the character is actually supposed to be powerfull, so that beating him makes the villain look quite dangerous, Duke is still the new guy in the Batfamily, so beating him isn't really propping up the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Fridging is only if the character's suffering is primarily for another character's development. I still believe that Duke's going to be a big star of this book.
    Let's hope you're right. I'm starting to lose hope Duke will ever get his due.

I think that his role will increase in the coming issues, if only because he has basically healed enough to be able to stand, if still being hurt. But I'm now afraid that a five-issues arc may be too short for him to have an important role. Hopefully, an Outsider comics will soon follow, for him to at least be a presence in the DCU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm the complete opposite. First, The entire scene with Cass was set up with the fact that Cass wanted to see Duke within the comic. After the fight scene was over, there wasn't a single panel dedicated to them interacting. Second, Duke had maybe two panels throughout the entire comic this issue, and Third, the tweet above provides the idea that "he may contribute" to the arc as a whole.

So I'm 95% certain he won't be the star of this book. And I'm pretty close to being certain most of his purpose was just to be fridge to give Batman angst.

I'm hoping Duke has a Rocky/Creed style comeback and knock Karma's edgelord ass out.

Other than a new Outsider book maybe he could join Immortal men? that would atleast give traction to the gnonom plot and provide a few answers.