Page 68 of 102 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1517
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    One of the best Duke pages...from all star batman 7
    Attachment 61763
    That's one nice page there.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

One of the best Duke pages...from all star batman 7
    Attachment 61763
    Yep! Love that one. It was pretty powerful, especially following the events it did.

BANNED

The final issue has been delayed to April 18. No issue in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    The final issue has been delayed to April 18. No issue in March.
    Damn it ! Why !? T-T

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Damn it ! Why !? T-T
    I'm going to guess its the artist causing the delay although I'm in no way saying that there is some nefarious reason behind it on DC's part. There could be real life issues involved and I'll never be angry at a creative when that happens. Disappointed sure but not angry. I'm basing my guess on the fact that he was only able to do three issues to begin with and the second issue was also delayed.

It's a disappointment for sure but these things happen and I refuse to allow it to curb my interest in this book or in Duke for that matter.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm going to guess its the artist causing the delay although I'm in no way saying that there is some nefarious reason behind it on DC's part. There could be real life issues involved and I'll never be angry at a creative when that happens. Disappointed sure but not angry. I'm basing my guess on the fact that he was only able to do three issues to begin with and the second issue was also delayed.

It's a disappointment for sure but these things happen and I refuse to allow it to curb my interest in this book or in Duke for that matter.
    Yeah, I'm not trying to be rude to Cully, but i thought the book was already delayed 3 months because of art issues, it's kinda weird we have so many delays for a 3 issue mini. As good as the art is, I hope we can get a consistent artist on a ongoing if it happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post

Due to correlation/previous confirmed things, I also agree that artist issues is the probable reason for the delay.

What I suspect is the black and white cover for Issue #3 : https://twitter.com/sbrittian93/stat...28423059214336

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

What I suspect is the black and white cover for Issue #3 : https://twitter.com/sbrittian93/stat...28423059214336
    Looks nice

Also, big news! Batman and the signal #1 in the top 10 comics for January! http://blog.comichron.com/2018/02/fi...ics-sales.html

I'm expecting a drop mostly because of delays, but I'm sure this has already convinced DC this was a good decision.

That's great news! I mean, I'm sure that the numbers will drop (delays inevitably produce that) but probably not so much, I mean, it's just a three issues series, so even if it get delayed a month, it doesn't risk to be too bothersome and so I don't expect peoples to drop it in too massive number.

I must also says that with White Knight #5 out Duke's profile is probably raised a little, even if his role was small. I mean, he was on a variant cover and all. I really like Murphy's take on Duke, I find it to be the perfect way to do an elseworld : the characters are recognizable, but they are also quite different (Duke has a movement in Blackport, just like he had WAR, he seeks to protect Gotham with a different perspective than Batman does, etc.). It's great for the character that White Knight is so awesome and works so well. I almost wonder if Cousin Jay isn't a "version" of Murphy's DUke, really.

I don't know if this has been said but wouldn't it be really cool if NuWally( he really needs a new name) and Duke formed a relationship like Dick and Wally? There would be some really fun and unique symbolism there. Might even form a unique bond between all four of them.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-09-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

That's great news! I mean, I'm sure that the numbers will drop (delays inevitably produce that) but probably not so much, I mean, it's just a three issues series, so even if it get delayed a month, it doesn't risk to be too bothersome and so I don't expect peoples to drop it in too massive number.

I must also says that with White Knight #5 out Duke's profile is probably raised a little, even if his role was small. I mean, he was on a variant cover and all. I really like Murphy's take on Duke, I find it to be the perfect way to do an elseworld : the characters are recognizable, but they are also quite different (Duke has a movement in Blackport, just like he had WAR, he seeks to protect Gotham with a different perspective than Batman does, etc.). It's great for the character that White Knight is so awesome and works so well. I almost wonder if Cousin Jay isn't a "version" of Murphy's DUke, really.
    I think the White Knight version of Duke is more interesting than the main version, so far. Duke always felt more like a social activist than a costumed adventurer at heart. Duke in White Knight feels like an example of DC trying to be timely and relevant and actually pulling it off. With the success of White Knight I'm hoping for a sequel and a Duke solo.

Ultimate Member

Looks nice

Also, big news! Batman and the signal #1 in the top 10 comics for January! http://blog.comichron.com/2018/02/fi...ics-sales.html

I'm expecting a drop mostly because of delays, but I'm sure this has already convinced DC this was a good decision.

Lets see in a month leading up to a certain film-he beats every single POC lead book.

On bleedingcool-the book is listed as 9th in actual purchases.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...-jan-18-share/

This is probably the FIRST time a black DC hero has been ranked that high.

It might be for one issue but at least you got the message of folks were willing to try the book.

Even if it falls to 10K-you have been told there is interest in Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I don't know if this has been said but wouldn't it be really cool if NuWally( he really needs a new name) and Duke formed a relationship like Dick and Wally? There would be some really fun and unique symbolism there. Might even form a unique bond between all four of them.
    Well it's unlikely to happen btw him and Damian so sure. I prefer Duke and Sideways from Dark Matter more.

It be cool if his White Knight incarnation had the eye powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Well it's unlikely to happen btw him and Damian so sure. I prefer Duke and Sideways from Dark Matter more.
    As far as hypothetical friendship parings go, I'd also prefer Duke/The Signal with Derek/Sideways. Not to say Duke and Wally/Kid Flash couldn't be done and done well, but I feel the former would have more common ground and overall chemistry.