Page 52 of 102 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Damnit. I'm worried now.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Damnit. I'm worried now.
    Why be worried? You can really only go up from a 3 issue mini.

Though it sucks it was pushed till January. I know Cullen is a slow artist sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Though it sucks it was pushed till January. I know Cullen is a slow artist sometimes.
    Well, I hope you're right, but I'm afraid it could also be cancelled or something. Or that there was some massive change of plans and somehow the artists aren't interested anymore and all.

Aw no! I was really looking forward to it!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Well, I hope you're right, but I'm afraid it could also be cancelled or something. Or that there was some massive change of plans and somehow the artists aren't interested anymore and all.
    Or this is a case looking at what is coming out this month and realizing you bleeped up.

Marvel got too many new books starting up as does Lionforge and others. This book was going to get lost in the shuffle.

I wouldn't be shocked if this delay is linked to Milestone announcement this weekend.

Or whatever DC has planned to counter Black Panther takeover next year.

Or someone realized who DC just bought over to write the Titanic known as Cyborg-Kevin Grevioux. You wouldn't bring him over to just do fill ins on Cyborg would you?

Or a line up new books of Cyborg by Kevin G, Batman & Signal, Black Lightning by Tony Isabella and a Static book by Robert Kirkman for January. Yeah I would delay for that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    And that just happened today, too. Almost a month to the day of issue #1. I wonder what the reason is? It technically could be good or bad, but it's disconcerting either way.

Not surprisingly, the small handful of comments on Newsrama are from trolls or people who've been living under rocks for the past year (or from both).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Or this is a case looking at what is coming out this month and realizing you bleeped up.

Marvel got too many new books starting up as does Lionforge and others. This book was going to get lost in the shuffle.

I wouldn't be shocked if this delay is linked to Milestone announcement this weekend.

Or someone realized who DC just bought over to write the Titanic known as Cyborg-Kevin Grevioux. You wouldn't bring him over to just do fill ins on Cyborg would you?

Or a line up new books of Cyborg by Kevin G, Batman & Signal, Black Lightning by Tony Isabella and a Static book by Robert Kirkman for January. Yeah I would delay for that.
    Looking at it from that perspective, I can see it being a positive reason for delay.

Be nice if we got an actual reason from them, though. Having to resort to speculation is dangerous.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-04-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I don't see it being connected to Milestone, I think the plan for Milestone is to be it's own separate universe, and Duke is in the DCU.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Why does a hurricane delay a comic book? Is the plot hurricane related? Was a production facility destroyed? Not American btw

I like the idea of a daytime protector for Gotham

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Why does a hurricane delay a comic book? Is the plot hurricane related? Was a production facility destroyed? Not American btw

I like the idea of a daytime protector for Gotham
    Where was it mentioned that a hurricane delayed the book?

Also, to your last comment, as do I.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

It's not a bad concept (although I don't think it's too interesting, but that's up to the execution) but I am hoping there's an actual explanation for why ONLY Duke can do this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It's not a bad concept (although I don't think it's too interesting, but that's up to the execution) but I am hoping there's an actual explanation for why ONLY Duke can do this.
    That was my question too like no one else could do it? We have multiple former robins Tim could have done it. I get Bruce not doing it, but one of the former Batgirls or former robins could easily have filled this role. Also if there is a problem during the day Batman really wouldn't handle it? He would let the city go to crap and not go out until the sun is down. That is silly.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Where was it mentioned that a hurricane delayed the book?

BleedingCool

Maybe I'm the only one who liked One Year Later but Robinson used private eye (Jason Bard) as Bruce's daytime agent

Of course Bruce wouldn't stay away from a daytime crisis, he'd just use a biker outfit plus helmet instead of cape&cowl
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 10-05-2017 at 10:24 AM.

All-New Member

New interview from Tony Patrick, Scott Snyder and preview by CullyHamner

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/batman-...ham-by-day?amp

I think Duke is the only one who wants to fight crime in the day versus the only who can.

I think its more he feels he's inadequate to fight crime at night because of recent failures with the Riddler (in All-Star Batman). There was also the issue where he visited the youth center run by Julie Madison and he got the inspiration for being the Signal from the kid's drawing(my take). So maybe he decides that he was wrong and that he can actually fight crime at night?

The interview was pretty cool and I'm pretty excited for the comic. I think they explained Duke pretty well and what he is going after and how Gothan by day works.

Is Juvy Arkham a person or a group tho? They used that name both ways.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-05-2017 at 11:57 AM.

An excellent interview. I like all the news from it :
    -the clarification of Duke's powers
    -his base of operation under the Fox Centre
    -the fact that he deals with threat which will grow worse and have to be adressed by Batman by night if no one intervene
    -the WAR are mentioned
    -Tony Patrick seems extremely enthusiastic about writing Duke
    -the mention of Batman's difficulties should he operate by day (I hadn't even thought about polcie shifts, but it makes sense)

Overall, pretty bummed that I'll have to wait for January to read it, but happy that the foundations seems strong.