Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1517

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    See, now this costume actually works better than his current one. Not perfect but it would give him a clear visual.
    I dunno, I think Duke's current costume stands out well enough. His color scheme stands out decently, and the design itself....well, it's vaguely paramilitary "comic book-y utility" but it's no worse than the other Bats, and the line work is as different as any of the rest of them.

What I want to see is Duke get a new weapon, because we've already got a guy who uses a pair of batons.

Has there been any word on what Duke is going to be up to in the new Outsiders book?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dunno, I think Duke's current costume stands out well enough. His color scheme stands out decently, and the design itself....well, it's vaguely paramilitary "comic book-y utility" but it's no worse than the other Bats, and the line work is as different as any of the rest of them.

What I want to see is Duke get a new weapon, because we've already got a guy who uses a pair of batons.

Has there been any word on what Duke is going to be up to in the new Outsiders book?
    It's not the overall costume that's the issue for me it's mainly just the overabundance of bats on it; particularly the bat on his face. If they kept the costume but just scaled back the amount of bat motifs I'd be fine or at least gave him his own logo.

As for Outsiders, according to Hill he's gonna be dealing with the emotional fall out of his injuries that sidelined him in the On the Outsides arc in Tec. The team overall will be trying to protect new character in their first arc.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-08-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I actually like Duke's weapons (when drawn consistently). There not really batons though. They're a weapon used in regular ninjutsu called the Kusarigama. A modified version but still appearing to be the same concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusarigama

(At least that seems to be what the writer/artist were going for at the time)

Speaking of which it would be cool to see a story line where Duke goes off an trains real ninja. He would be one of the few mentee's under Batman that sought out his own training. Might even give him an edge on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    It's not the overall costume that's the issue for me it's mainly just the overabundance of bats on it; particularly the bat on his face. If they kept the costume but just scaled back the amount of bat motifs I'd be fine or at least gave him his own logo.
    100% Co-Signed.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-08-2018 at 10:23 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I actually like Duke's weapons (when drawn consistently). There not really batons though. They're a weapon used in regular ninjutsu called the Kusarigama. A modified version but still appearing to be the same concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusarigama

(At least that seems to be what the writer/artist were going for at the time)

Speaking of which it would be cool to see a story line where Duke goes off an trains real ninja. He would be one of the few mentee's under Batman that sought out his own training. Might even give him an edge on the others.
    It would be interesting to have him training with Cass because of their complinentary predictive abilities. She could use her body reading skills to help teach Duke to best utilize his future vision powers in combat. It will be interesting to see what lessons that Duke takes away from being on the Outsiders going forward.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-08-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

.......those are supposed to be kusarigamas? I thought they were batons with Bat themed handles?

Okay, fair enough I guess. That *is* different from Dick's escrima sticks. Though still too close for my liking.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

.......those are supposed to be kusarigamas? I thought they were batons with Bat themed handles?

Okay, fair enough I guess. That *is* different from Dick's escrima sticks. Though still too close for my liking.
    To be fair, Duke's primary weapon has been nunchucks and his current weapon can connect to function as such. The question is, will writers going forward remember that?

currently following:

I thought he was using sanchukus (a three sided nunchuck).

Him using a kusarigama would be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought he was using sanchukus (a three sided nunchuck).

Him using a kusarigama would be neat.
    To be fair, Duke's primary weapon has been nunchucks and his current weapon can connect to function as such. The question is, will writers going forward remember that?
    To me it always seemed to be some what of a kusarigama with a slight hint of nunchuck combo. Since it's supposed to be a weapon that is not necessarily always lethal.

The blades at the top and the way the weapon extends indicates that it's primary purpose is to be used as a Kusarigama but since it's connected to another kusarigama at the opposite it can also function as a nunchuck depending. Noting that the blade is suppose to fold back in and out also suggest that it can be used as nunchuck but the blades so far have always been out so thats why I they appear to function more so as kusarigama to me.

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Here's another video of the weapon being used properly.

To me it always seemed to be some what of a kusarigama with a slight hint of nunchuck combo. Since it's supposed to be a weapon that is not necessarily always lethal.

The blades at the top and the way the weapon extends indicates that it's primary purpose is to be used as a Kusarigama but since it's connected to another kusarigama at the opposite it can also function as a nunchuck depending. Noting that the blade is suppose to fold back in and out also suggest that it can be used as nunchuck but the blades so far have always been out so thats why I they appear to function more so as kusarigama to me.

While the kusarigama is cool, I think the intent was that the Batchets are meant to be more nunchucks than kusarigama. Duke's been more of an up close in your face street fighter, the long range nature of the kusarigama leans more on the "cloak and dagger" ninjustu of the bat philosophy which I don't think he falls under as much as some other batmembers. However, that's just my interpretation; I think due to the weapon's versatility it can be all of the above (eskrima, hatchet, grappling hook, nunchuck, or kusarigama).
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-11-2018 at 09:31 PM.

currently following:

I can see that. Me, I like a repetition of design in my superhero costumes so I'm cool with the multiple Bats on Duke's gear. And I love the bat on the helmet. But I see where you're coming from.

But let the kid keep the Bat on his chest. At least for now. Once the character is a little more established and has a stronger foundation under him (away from Snyder), let him get a emblem of his own.....but for now I feel like that Bat helps him far more than it hurts.

As for Outsiders, according to Hill he's gonna be dealing with the emotional fall out of his injuries that sidelined him in the On the Outsides arc in Tec. The team overall will be trying to protect new character in their first arc.
    Well he better buck up and make his peace with it, because if he's gonna stick with the hero game he's gonna have to learn how to deal with serious injuries like that. Is there a Bat out there, alive or dead, who hasn't suffered traumatic injuries during their career?

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

batman & the signal is only 5$ on comixology right now, be sure to tell a friend: https://www.comixology.com/Batman-th...QvbGlzdDI3NDk3

Little bit of Duke news. We maay get to see him play with his powers more.

currently following:

That's pretty cool, I hope Batman and The Outsiders gets a April release.

Be sure to pick up Batman and the Outsiders when it comes out, Bryan Hill says he may be done with comics for a while after 2019 but he may stay around if Outsiders does well. So if you want to see Duke kicking around with Cassandra Cain, Katana, and Black Lightning you gotta show your support!

currently following: