Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

That's one cool looking action figure. that is one of my favourite Robin outfits. I wish he kept it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I want the Lark figure instead. And also ALL of the We Are Robin kids!
    Same here! A figure of Dre would just be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That's one cool looking action figure. that is one of my favourite Robin outfits. I wish he kept it.
    I like how it's works so well as a modern and urban rendition of the Robin costumed look, while still being cool enough to work as a Superhero outfit.

That said, I do enjoy his look in the Lark costume, due to the sturdiness and fortitude the outfit brings upon Duke's person, especially when it's drawn at its best (so it can depend on the artist, etc.).

Some artwork of Duke !

Attached Images Attached Images

And another one :

I can't wait to see Duke in action with that kind of nunchaku. He needs to prove his worth.

Ultimate Member

For those who play WWE 2k17 there is a Create A Wrestler Duke Thomas. It's not perfect but there is one out there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Some artwork of Duke !
    Definitely lovin' these 3 right here. The second takes top billing for me, followed by the third and first together.

Thanks for posting these.

Who drew them and where are you finding them? They're all really good collectively, and I'm always happy to see fanart of Duke/Lark. Whoever they are, I hope they keep 'em comin'!

I just searched Lark D.C. on Google and they were the four I found great. As for the artists, it is kind of difficulty to know, since I can't find one of those picture (the third) on pinterest (where it is supposed to be), but the second was posted there by Charlies Masters, but can also be found on deviantart on LucianoVecchio page. The fourth is from yellowis4art.tumblr.com. And the first his from nelsonhernandez-0607 on Tumblr.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just searched Lark D.C. on Google and they were the four I found great. As for the artists, it is kind of difficulty to know, since I can't find one of those picture (the third) on pinterest (where it is supposed to be), but the second was posted there by Charlies Masters, but can also be found on deviantart on LucianoVecchio page. The fourth is from yellowis4art.tumblr.com. And the first his from nelsonhernandez-0607 on Tumblr.
    Ah, I see.

The second one down actually has Luciano Vecchio's signature on it, so that one's his, I'm sure.

That's some pretty sweet Art.

Jason and Duke pay who's your favourite Robin

And then he took his hoodie back.

Tumblr and their fantasies attacks again.

Astonishing Member

http://www.cbr.com/interview-snyder-all-star-batman/

Just read this interview on All-Star. I admit, I'm behind on my Batman for about a month now, but what he said on Duke was really interesting. Once again, I appreciate that Snyder is actually going about developing Duke for the future. I also took especial note of that he said Duke will have a big role in an upcoming story, so maybe Skyvolt's speculation on him being important in that upcoming Summer event is true. Either way I look forward to it.

I'll need to catch up, as they showed a Cursed Wheel page that Izzy in it and that name-dropped Dre and Dax. So he's also the first to bring back Duke's supporting cast from We Are Robin, at least Izzy so far, which is cool.

Let’s talk a little about Duke Thomas, who’s been the focus of the “Cursed Wheel” back up stories for the duration of “All Star.” This issue left him in a bit of a tenuous spot — can you tease what readers should expect to see from Duke and his role in the Bat Family in the future?

Definitely. Duke’s played a big role for us in terms of supporting cast for a while and we want people to get used to seeing him with the Bat Family. I get worried sometimes that throwing somebody into the mix in Gotham without a “home” — no matter how cool the character may be — they can kind of wind up vanishing.

With Duke, it’s about long discussions with Geoff Johns and DC about finding the most viable place to land him. Is putting him in the mantle of a known character of somebody else that exists like a Robin or a Nightwing? Or is it trying something original?

We veered towards the latter, so with the next issue, you’ll see a big change in terms of his status and his mission. It’s going to lead into the story I’m doing with Greg Capullo. [Duke] evolves within that story, and you’ll see his role within the Family really crystallize at the beginning of the event [this summer].

So [the “Cursed Wheel”] is going to end with a bit of a cliffhanger. You’ll see the transformation of him into a character will have a very distinct role in Gotham, and with the rest of the Family; and also reveal things about some mysteries going on around the DC Universe as well.

Any hints as to what his codename might be?

Yeah! Well, it’s all been decided. It’s actually been one of the biggest debates. Everybody has a name they want for him, and they’ve changed as his role has changed.

Here’s what I love about Duke as a character: He’s always believed, as a kind of outsider from the Family, that heroes are independent of their their inspiration. [He believes that] Robin was independent of Batman, and doesn’t “need” him in that way. Similarly, all the other [Gotham] heroes go out at night, Duke is starting to go out by day. The city is very different then. He’s following in the footsteps of his parents that way. So all this starts to crystalize around who he’s going to be.

There have been different names. As he’s evolved, people wanted to call him all kinds of bat terms, but I think we’ve settled on something that works.

I’ve always really liked “Lark” for him, and that name got a little shout-out in this issue.

Yeah, I do too! Not to talk too “inside baseball” here, but the fact is that I’m really interested in giving a new writer [from my class] a chance with him, and an artist. So the concern I had with [the name Lark] was pointed out by DC, which I think is logical. It’s that that name doesn’t have quite the “teeth” for a series. It doesn’t sound…y’know, [Laughs] “Let’s go get ‘em!”

For as much as I like [the name], it needs a little more “muscle,” according to [editorial], and I would agree with that. So, we’ll see! These are the discussions we have long, long talks and lots of things on the board over.

The takeaway from it is this: At this point in my career, it means a lot more to me to try and create new characters and land them in ways that open up avenues for other writers and artists to drive in. I think [Duke] will get new kinds of stories. If he works [solo], nothing would make me happier. If he doesn’t, he’ll always have a home with the Bat Family.
    So, it seems they might not go with Lark, despite the show out to it two issues in row and it being fairly unique, on the grounds that it doesn't have enough "go get 'em" or "muscle", whatever they mean by that. Robin has it, but Lark doesn't?

Well, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    Tumblr and their fantasies attacks again.
    Yup. Sometimes, it's like they live in their own little world.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/interview-snyder-all-star-batman/

Just read this interview on All-Star. I admit, I'm behind on my Batman for about a month now, but what he said on Duke was really interesting. Once again, I appreciate that Snyder is actually going about developing Duke for the future. I also took especial note of that he said Duke will have a big role in an upcoming story, so maybe Skyvolt's speculation on him being important in that upcoming Summer event is true. Either way I look forward to it.

I'll need to catch up, as they showed a Cursed Wheel page that Izzy in it and that name-dropped Dre and Dax. So he's also the first to bring back Duke's supporting cast from We Are Robin, at least Izzy so far, which is cool.

So, it seems they might not go with Lark, despite the show out to it two issues in row and it being fairly unique, on the grounds that it doesn't have enough "go get 'em" or "muscle", whatever they mean by that. Robin has it, but Lark doesn't?

Well, whatever.

Yup. Sometimes, it's like they live in their own little world.
    Was a very interesting interview. Seems like Snyder is giving a genuine effort to make Duke part of the batfamily and in a natural way and I give him credit for that. I still feel bad Harper Row didn't work out as well, but it sounds like Snyder is planning Duke's journey better already by talking with geoff johns and DC and having him star in the big summer event.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Was a very interesting interview. Seems like Snyder is giving a genuine effort to make Duke part of the batfamily and in a natural way and I give him credit for that. I still feel bad Harper Row didn't work out as well, but it sounds like Snyder is planning Duke's journey better already by talking with geoff johns and DC and having him star in the big summer event.
    I agree that it's unfortunate for Harper, as I quite like her, too, and among other things, I appreciate her being a Bi character, as well as her brother. It'd be unfortunate if that doesn't get the chance to be explored beyond her side character role in Detective (which I still appreciate). I do hope to see her as Bluebird again some day.

Also agree about Duke. I've always enjoyed these All-Star Batman interviews, and I just soak up all the juicy details and insights. Duke seemingly being part of a bigger role later in summer will be pretty cool, so I hope it pans out. Hope the other members of his crew will have their own roles supporting Duke, too.