Page 4 of 102 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    Thanks for making this thread. I'm becoming an even bigger Duke fan with each passing month. I like the long game they are playing in slowly building the character and am excited to see where he's at two years from now.
    Me too im really looking forward to seeing him grow as a character. Im optimistic for the future!

I'd like to see Duke develop into someone who isn't necessarily a costumed hero.

He kind of reminds me of Tim but I like how we're already seeing shades of him wanting to understand villains not necessarily to beat them, but just to understand them and possibly rehabilitate them.

He seems like the type who wouldn't have a narrow definition of hero, and would understand that its not all about beating up bad guys in a suit.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I'd like to see Duke develop into someone who isn't necessarily a costumed hero.

He kind of reminds me of Tim but I like how we're already seeing shades of him wanting to understand villains not necessarily to beat them, but just to understand them and possibly rehabilitate them.

He seems like the type who wouldn't have a narrow definition of hero, and would understand that its not all about beating up bad guys in a suit.
    I agree with you. He does seem the type to want to go that route, which is something that makes him stand out from the others. I really can't wait to see how he develops.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I agree with you. He does seem the type to want to go that route, which is something that makes him stand out from the others. I really can't wait to see how he develops.
    Yep, pretty much this. It's an angle that hasn't completely been explored.

BANNED

I kind of get the feeling that the reason it hasn`t isn`t because its unthinkable or never thought before but because of nature of Superhero Comics. Batman has been written over the years, here and there, as being worried in rehabilitating his rogues but it doesn`t tend to stick for the long haul because of the need for action and cool visuals in the narrative.

Maybe because Duke isn`t a Robin or Batman or directly affiliated with a similar identity they can pull it off. Sort of like Sam Wilson was for a couple years despite being part of Captain America`s supporting cast. It`s a refreshing direction in the franchise and interesting if pulled off well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I kind of get the feeling that the reason it hasn`t isn`t because its unthinkable or never thought before but because of nature of Superhero Comics. Batman has been written over the years, here and there, as being worried in rehabilitating his rogues but it doesn`t tend to stick for the long haul because of the need for action and cool visuals in the narrative.

Maybe because Duke isn`t a Robin or Batman or directly affiliated with a similar identity they can pull it off. Sort of like Sam Wilson was for a couple years despite being part of Captain America`s supporting cast. It`s a refreshing direction in the franchise and interesting if pulled off well.
    For Duke to go Falcon's route-you would need more than a few months.

Falcon had his name on the CA book for a few years, a Priest written mini, b side stories in CA, solo story in Avengers, CA & Falcon series (that was to lead to a Falcon solo) and then guest spots in various books.

Duke has had We Are Robin, Batman & All Star spots & backup. With the upcoming event being a Batman centric one-I would assume a decent role in that.

A Duke mini and maybe a Justice League version of Young Justice with him and others will help as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For Duke to go Falcon's route-you would need more than a few months.

Falcon had his name on the CA book for a few years, a Priest written mini, b side stories in CA, solo story in Avengers, CA & Falcon series (that was to lead to a Falcon solo) and then guest spots in various books.

Duke has had We Are Robin, Batman & All Star spots & backup. With the upcoming event being a Batman centric one-I would assume a decent role in that.

A Duke mini and maybe a Justice League version of Young Justice with him and others will help as well.
    Don't forget his role in the Superheavy arc that ran concurrent with We Are Robin and Robin War, as it had pretty decent focus on him with his own subplot, especially as compared to the current run since the Rebirth issue, Night of the Monster Men notwithstanding.

It isn't as robust as Sam Wilson's early time as Falcon, but it's decent-ish so far, all things considered.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-23-2016 at 07:29 PM.

LOL, this thread was such a backfire for OP...he (and myself too tbh) expected a ton of hate and the whole thing was a backhanded effort but I just gotta say I LOVE how people are having cool ideas (the non costumed hero thing) and building on a character rather than tearing him down...awesome...
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Duke's DC Encyclopedia entry (sorry if it's small, not a lot I can do about that):

20161028_151816.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Duke's DC Encyclopedia entry (sorry if it's small, not a lot I can do about that):

20161028_151816.jpg
    Very good. I'd say it even covers more of his bases than Harper's bio does hers.

BANNED

Duke has yellow eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Duke has yellow eyes?
    He's part wolf. And hey, his suit matches!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    He's part wolf. And hey, his suit matches!
    I thought he had normal parents who are just ill right now.

Astonishing Member

His eye color has changed depending on the artist, but the "yellow" is more a form of hazel.

Lest anyone say Duke doesn't have huge fans:

#1DukeFan.jpg

Certainly an... interesting opinion. Fair enough I guess, but I did ask for a follow-up to that because I'm genuinely curious about it.

Duke's fine by me, but it seems clear he's really clicking with at least some people.
    Last edited by Caivu; 10-31-2016 at 10:45 PM.