Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Lest anyone say Duke doesn't have huge fans:

Attachment 41319

Certainly an... interesting opinion. Fair enough I guess, but I did ask for a follow-up to that because I'm genuinely curious about it.

Duke's fine by me, but it seem clear he's really clicking with at least some people.
    At least from my perspective, it makes sense why he would for some.

Astonishing Member

By the way, Caivu, was this comment from reddit? Is it safe to link, or would that be unwise?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    By the way, Caivu, was this comment from reddit? Is it safe to link, or would that be unwise?
    ComicVine. No real point in linking, this was just someone's opinion I thought was interesting. I've talked with this person over there a few times and they're not very pleasant, anyway.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Lest anyone say Duke doesn't have huge fans:

Attachment 41319

Certainly an... interesting opinion. Fair enough I guess, but I did ask for a follow-up to that because I'm genuinely curious about it.

Duke's fine by me, but it seems clear he's really clicking with at least some people.
    That's me. I'm very interested in seeing what kind of hero he develops into.

Astonishing Member

ComicVine. No real point in linking, this was just someone's opinion I thought was interesting. I've talked with this person over there a few times and they're not very pleasant, anyway.
    Yikes. Fair enough, than.

My belief is that Duke will evolve into a standalone character within the DC Universe. What is interesting to note, is that if he does develop his own series, it will be right in the heart of the Rebirth series. This opens up the possibility for new readers (to rebirth) to adapt to him and essentially play catch-up. I think in order to present him as a new standalone, he shouldn't be confiding in the batman universe too long or he could fall to what I like to call "The Nightwing Effect" in which his association to Batman will be forever grandfathered into his heritage.

For Duke fans, I see this in newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/31915-snyde...el-to-end.html

So, now that the Cursed Wheel is coming to an end, what do you think will be Duke next training stage ? Clearly, he is already operating in daylight (which isn't as much the case for the rest of the Batfamily) but he still has a lot to learn. So, pure physical training, or more of a scientific approach next time ?

I would have liked to see him interact with Tim. People call Duke "Tim-lite" and while its true that they have alot of similarities, putting them together and having them play off each other would be a good way to show how different they are.

Maybe the We are Robin kids can make an appearance? Maybe Bats tests Duke as a leader?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    People call Duke "Tim-lite" and while its true that they have alot of similarities, putting them together and having them play off each other would be a good way to show how different they are.
    Are her much differences? I haven't read All Star yet, but in most of the other appearances, I have kind of the impression that you could easily substitute him with the young pre flashpoint Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe the We are Robin kids can make an appearance? Maybe Bats tests Duke as a leader?
    The thing is that the other We are Robin kids are also not original, Dre and Dax for example are pretty much Jason and Roy light. And while I don't think We are Robin was bad, I would much rather like to see a proper team up of the real Robins (which the last events imo allways failed to deliver).

Ultimate Member

And Supergirl, Conner, Bart Allen, Wally West, Donna Troy and Garth are lite versions of Superman, Flash & Wonder Woman.

Yet that nobody seems to devalue them or belittle them like we CONSTANTLY see with Duke.

Tim Drake's parents were never gassed by Joker.

Duke's Dad was not killed by Capt Boomerang

Duke never saved Batman from Scarecrow

Nor has he lead crappy versions of Teen Titans

I don't see 4 Duke minis or 180 issues of Duke Thomas solo run.

So despite what bitter Tim Drake fans say-he and Duke are NOT the same.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And Supergirl, Conner, Bart Allen, Wally West, Donna Troy and Garth are lite versions of Superman, Flash & Wonder Woman.
    No they are (or at least were originaly) teen age versions, Duke is on the other hand the same age as Tim.
    Thats also the difference between Pre crisis Jason and Duke, pre crisis Jason was a copy of Dick, but since Dick at this point was already a young adult and grown out of the sid sick role, it wasn't really a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Tim Drake's parents were never gassed by Joker.
    but they were poisoned by some voodoo guy.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Not sure bashing other characters is great for a character appreciation thread, though.

I need to go back and read all of the Cursed Wheel, now that it's completed.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I need Duke to find a #$%@ing home, honestly. I'm tired of discussing him. Just give him a role already and let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    I need Duke to find a #$%@ing home, honestly. I'm tired of discussing him. Just give him a role already and let's move on.
    That must be why you posted in a discussion thread specifically dedicated to him, then.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)