Page 70 of 102 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1517
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I like the sound of those ideas too. Now I'm really hoping we get that ongoing because everything Tony Patrick is saying sounds great.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Thanks for this

Thank You!

And yes the number issues would be great if you have them and it isn't to much trouble. I plan on getting everything on Duke so having the issue numbers would be very helpful.

I'm still not a fan of his costume at all. But I'm sure over time he will move to something better. Hopefully, at some point he can step away from the Bat motif entirely while still being connected to the bat family.
    Apologies for the lateness of this. Comic Vine lists all his appearances, but it's not in any chronological order, and they list books he has appeared in, including redudant references from collected additions. Still...

As mentioned, Duke first appears in the New 52 Batman run. Order should go like this, though be mindful that this isn't 100% chronological either. Some of these apparances doesn't have him do much.

::New 52 Era::

New 52 Batman
    #21 - First appearance (as a young kid); Beginning of Zero Year
    #33 - End of Zero Year
    #35 - Beginning of Endgame; first appearance as his contemporary 16 year-old self
    #37-39

New 52 We Are Robin
    #1-6 - First appearances in a hero capacity

New 52 Robin War
    Comprises a string of issues of ongoing books at the time; a collected addition exists of this story, of which Robin War #1 and #2 (Parts 1 and 6 respectively), Grayson #15 (Part 2), Detective Comics #47 (Part 3), We Are Robin #7 (Part 4), Robin: Son of Batman #7 (Part 5), Gotham Academy #13, Red Hood/Arsenal #7 and Teen Titans #15; note that there are only 6 official parts to the story (the rest are tie-ins) and Duke's role in each, especially in the tie-ins, will vary
    New 52 Teen Titans #16 - Though not in the above collection, he apparently appears in this issue, too; don't remember, but it may have been a cameo

New 52 We Are Robin
    #8-12 - Takes place after Robin War

New 52 Batman: Superheavy story arc; - Takes place contemporanously to various points of We Are Robin, but the exact timeline is iffy
    #42-43
    #45-49

New 52 Batman & Robin: Eternal; series takes place at some point post Robin War, but before the end of Superheavy; note that Duke's appearances here are merely camoes -- he speaks few words and isn't really a character in this particular story here; this is more a Harper Row/Blue Bird reading selection, among more classic characters in-focus in the story
    #23-24

::Post-Rebirth::

Batman Rebirth One Shot - Duke's first costume is revealed here

Rebirth Batman book; Duke has little role or presence in the stories of this book, as a character or otherwise, particularly after issue 8, the Night of the Monster Men arc's conclusion
    #1-8 - #7 and #8 are part of the four alternating issues with Rebirth Detective Comics in the Night of the Monster Men story; they are the first and last parts of the story respectively
    #16-18 - Part of the I Am Bane arc; more extended camoes than anything, especially the latter two issues
    #33 - Most recent appearance in this book; so far, hasn't shown up again since

Rebirth Detective Comics
    #940-942 - The former issue is just a reaction shot cameo alongside Alfred during the issue's climax; the latter two issues are the respective second and third parts of the Night of the Monster Men story arc, alternating with early Rebirth Batman
    #952 - A brief cameo where he relays some news, gives some well wishes and goes about his way; so far, hasn't shown up or been referenced since

All-Star Batman; through its first 5 issues and the back-ups, this books had the most consistent in-costume working together of Duke and Bruce of Duke's entire existence; no other book to this point has the characters working together as crime-fighting partners like this one did
    #1-9 - Consistently appears throughout the main story of the first 5 issues, with a more subdued role in the 8th and 9th (if I recall correctly); is the main character focus of The Cursed Wheel back-up stories in each of these issues sans the 5th; post Rebirth and prior to the 2 Dark Days prologue issues/Batman and the Signal, this is the most robust and character defining of Duke's contemporary existence, and is a must read for the character; these back-ups will be collected in the Batman and the Signal Trade Paperback

Dark Days: The Forge and Dark Days: The Casting - The two shot-prologue to the Dark Nights Metal story; though Duke has no role in the Metal story proper (outside of Batman: The Merciless, one-shot in which I've no clue of the context of his appearance), he does have a substantial role in the prologue, and events from it are used to lead into the charater's new role in Batman and the Signal

New Talent Showcase 2017
    Role Call - A short story written by Batman and the Signal writer Tony Patrick; features Duke in a training session with Red Hood

Batman and The Signal; Duke most recent and contemporary appearance; story focuses on the character as he adopts his new role as The Signal and gains an understanding on his powers; a must-read for the character
    #1-3 - #2 is out on the 21st of February (tomorrow); #3 is currently scheduled for April

::Miscellaneous/Non-Canon::

New 52 Detective Comics
    #27 - Has a number of short stories, including one with an unnamed, protype of an African Amercian Robin kid, presumably Duke; is from a dream of some kind and is otherwise non-canon (another one features Duke referred to a Lark and Harper as Bluebird, but is also a dream/premonition, and is otherwise non-canon; not sure which issue that was, as it might have been this one)

Batman & Robin: Future's End - A one-shot tie-in for the New 52 Future's End story that acts as a potential future for the characters (Duke as an older Robin with dreads, Alfred, and Bruce); though it makes for a fun read, it's safe to say it's a future that won't come to pass (nor any of the Future's End storylines, aside from Batman Beyond's)

Catwoman: Future's End - Another Future's End "what if?" tie-in focusing on Catwoman; not sure of Duke's role here, as I don't recall reading it

Dark Nights Metal One-Shot - Batman: The Merciless - A one-shot detailing the origins of one of the Evil Batmen characters; I've not yet read it, so I can't gauge Duke's role in it

Rebirth Batman Beyond - Has a wordless flashback cameo, is name dropped, and is otherwise referenced in at least two issues, including #7; issue #16 even shows his current Signal design costume among Bruce's collection in the Batcave; notable for being one of the scant few Rebirth books that acknowledges the character's existence

Rebirth Batman Annual #1 (2017) and #2 (2018) - I have yet to read the second Annual, did read the first; in the first, Duke doesn't have much of a role, and what's there is... kind of insulting

That should be that. This took a while, so I hope this was helpful to you @DragonsChi, and to anyone else looking for Duke Thomas's appearances. Please pardon any typos that may be there. I'll come back and fix them later.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 02-20-2018 at 05:36 PM.

https://www.newsarama.com/38701-batm...-villains.html

Another interview with Patrick. Minor spoilers with the name of the villian.

Astonishing Member

I'm loving all these pre-issue interviews, as they're super hype!

Looking forward to reading the issue as soon as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Minor spoilers with the name of the villian.
    I'm pretty sure his name was already spoiled in the issue #3 solicits.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 02-21-2018 at 08:49 AM.

I enjoyed the newest issue! Im really looking forward to issue 3!

spoilers:
    Riko getting angry was quite sudden but I guess it makes sense. I wonder if she secretly still likes Duke, maybe that is something we will see in the future. Would probably explain why she got upset at Izzy
    end of spoilers

I haven't read it (nor today's issue, obviously), but here is another interview by Tony Patrick.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I enjoyed the newest issue! Im really looking forward to issue 3!

spoilers:
    Riko getting angry was quite sudden but I guess it makes sense. I wonder if she secretly still likes Duke, maybe that is something we will see in the future. Would probably explain why she got upset at Izzy
    end of spoilers
    I'm still pretty frustrated that Patrick is using these characters from We Are Robin, but there's nothing connecting them from that series two years ago - just that one appearance way back in All Star Batman. I would like to know how Izzy and Duke are dating (again? Did they stop with the Gotham Girl stuff?), and how Riko got over her crush on Duke...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm still pretty frustrated that Patrick is using these characters from We Are Robin, but there's nothing connecting them from that series two years ago - just that one appearance way back in All Star Batman. I would like to know how Izzy and Duke are dating (again? Did they stop with the Gotham Girl stuff?), and how Riko got over her crush on Duke...
    Just because duke will marry gotham girl in the future does not mean he should stay single until they start dating. Also I never liked Izzy still am a Riko fan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I'mma be nettled if there's a stupid love triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Like with several other aspects of King's run, it seems King is the only one who cares about Claire. I've said from the start that once he's gone, we're likely never gonna see her again. (I know the Bensons used her, but I wouldn't take that as meaning anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    Just because duke will marry gotham girl in the future
    Like with his awful Annual #2, King doesn't have the power to set anything about this universe's future in stone.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    Just because duke will marry gotham girl in the future does not mean he should stay single until they start dating. Also I never liked Izzy still am a Riko fan
    I'm not saying he shouldn't date Izzy. I'm just annoyed that no one seems to be paying attention to the fact that all of a sudden, after 2 years, he's dating Izzy again after no appearances of mentions. (And people complained about TimSteph being out of nowhere. )

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'mma be nettled if there's a stupid love triangle.
    It would be a love quadrangle at this point. The stupid triangle was in We Are Robin.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Reread issue 2 and I think i have an idea who Gnonom is supposed to be.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Reread issue 2 and I think i have an idea who Gnonom is supposed to be.
    can you say who? I was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    can you say who? I was lost.
    He's a new character but I got the sense he has a familial connection to Duke's mom and a connection to the Immortal men(?). The latter might be wishful thinking but they went to the trouble of giving him powers and that connection so might as well use it.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Apologies for the lateness of this. Comic Vine lists all his appearances, but it's not in any chronological order, and they list books he has appeared in, including redudant references from collected additions. Still...

As mentioned, Duke first appears in the New 52 Batman run. Order should go like this, though be mindful that this isn't 100% chronological either. Some of these apparances doesn't have him do much.

::New 52 Era::

New 52 Batman
    #21 - First appearance (as a young kid); Beginning of Zero Year
    #33 - End of Zero Year
    #35 - Beginning of Endgame; first appearance as his contemporary 16 year-old self
    #37-39

New 52 We Are Robin
    #1-6 - First appearances in a hero capacity

New 52 Robin War
    Comprises a string of issues of ongoing books at the time; a collected addition exists of this story, of which Robin War #1 and #2 (Parts 1 and 6 respectively), Grayson #15 (Part 2), Detective Comics #47 (Part 3), We Are Robin #7 (Part 4), Robin: Son of Batman #7 (Part 5), Gotham Academy #13, Red Hood/Arsenal #7 and Teen Titans #15; note that there are only 6 official parts to the story (the rest are tie-ins) and Duke's role in each, especially in the tie-ins, will vary
    New 52 Teen Titans #16 - Though not in the above collection, he apparently appears in this issue, too; don't remember, but it may have been a cameo

New 52 We Are Robin
    #8-12 - Takes place after Robin War

New 52 Batman: Superheavy story arc; - Takes place contemporanously to various points of We Are Robin, but the exact timeline is iffy
    #42-43
    #45-49

New 52 Batman & Robin: Eternal; series takes place at some point post Robin War, but before the end of Superheavy; note that Duke's appearances here are merely camoes -- he speaks few words and isn't really a character in this particular story here; this is more a Harper Row/Blue Bird reading selection, among more classic characters in-focus in the story
    #23-24

::Post-Rebirth::

Batman Rebirth One Shot - Duke's first costume is revealed here

Rebirth Batman book; Duke has little role or presence in the stories of this book, as a character or otherwise, particularly after issue 8, the Night of the Monster Men arc's conclusion
    #1-8 - #7 and #8 are part of the four alternating issues with Rebirth Detective Comics in the Night of the Monster Men story; they are the first and last parts of the story respectively
    #16-18 - Part of the I Am Bane arc; more extended camoes than anything, especially the latter two issues
    #33 - Most recent appearance in this book; so far, hasn't shown up again since

Rebirth Detective Comics
    #940-942 - The former issue is just a reaction shot cameo alongside Alfred during the issue's climax; the latter two issues are the respective second and third parts of the Night of the Monster Men story arc, alternating with early Rebirth Batman
    #952 - A brief cameo where he relays some news, gives some well wishes and goes about his way; so far, hasn't shown up or been referenced since

All-Star Batman; through its first 5 issues and the back-ups, this books had the most consistent in-costume working together of Duke and Bruce of Duke's entire existence; no other book to this point has the characters working together as crime-fighting partners like this one did
    #1-9 - Consistently appears throughout the main story of the first 5 issues, with a more subdued role in the 8th and 9th (if I recall correctly); is the main character focus of The Cursed Wheel back-up stories in each of these issues sans the 5th; post Rebirth and prior to the 2 Dark Days prologue issues/Batman and the Signal, this is the most robust and character defining of Duke's contemporary existence, and is a must read for the character; these back-ups will be collected in the Batman and the Signal Trade Paperback

Dark Days: The Forge and Dark Days: The Casting - The two shot-prologue to the Dark Nights Metal story; though Duke has no role in the Metal story proper (outside of Batman: The Merciless, one-shot in which I've no clue of the context of his appearance), he does have a substantial role in the prologue, and events from it are used to lead into the charater's new role in Batman and the Signal

New Talent Showcase 2017
    Role Call - A short story written by Batman and the Signal writer Tony Patrick; features Duke in a training session with Red Hood

Batman and The Signal; Duke most recent and contemporary appearance; story focuses on the character as he adopts his new role as The Signal and gains an understanding on his powers; a must-read for the character
    #1-3 - #2 is out on the 21st of February (tomorrow); #3 is currently scheduled for April

::Miscellaneous/Non-Canon::

New 52 Detective Comics
    #27 - Has a number of short stories, including one with an unnamed, protype of an African Amercian Robin kid, presumably Duke; is from a dream of some kind and is otherwise non-canon (another one features Duke referred to a Lark and Harper as Bluebird, but is also a dream/premonition, and is otherwise non-canon; not sure which issue that was, as it might have been this one)

Batman & Robin: Future's End - A one-shot tie-in for the New 52 Future's End story that acts as a potential future for the characters (Duke as an older Robin with dreads, Alfred, and Bruce); though it makes for a fun read, it's safe to say it's a future that won't come to pass (nor any of the Future's End storylines, aside from Batman Beyond's)

Catwoman: Future's End - Another Future's End "what if?" tie-in focusing on Catwoman; not sure of Duke's role here, as I don't recall reading it

Dark Nights Metal One-Shot - Batman: The Merciless - A one-shot detailing the origins of one of the Evil Batmen characters; I've not yet read it, so I can't gauge Duke's role in it

Rebirth Batman Beyond - Has a wordless flashback cameo, is name dropped, and is otherwise referenced in at least two issues, including #7; issue #16 even shows his current Signal design costume among Bruce's collection in the Batcave; notable for being one of the scant few Rebirth books that acknowledges the character's existence

Rebirth Batman Annual #1 (2017) and #2 (2018) - I have yet to read the second Annual, did read the first; in the first, Duke doesn't have much of a role, and what's there is... kind of insulting

That should be that. This took a while, so I hope this was helpful to you @DragonsChi, and to anyone else looking for Duke Thomas's appearances. Please pardon any typos that may be there. I'll come back and fix them later.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

This was incredibly nice of you to take the time to put together. Thank you!

Can't wait to get started on hunting these issues down!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

This was incredibly nice of you to take the time to put together. Thank you!

Can't wait to get started on hunting these issues down!
    You're very welcome. I'm happy I could help!

Once again, most of the ones under the miscellaneous/non-canon category don't really have Duke in them in any way aside from a wordless one-panel cameo. Looking briefly through "The Merciless" and "Catwoman: Future's End", the latter had the "Future's End" version appear in single, "what if" style supposition of Catwoman's and that's it, and the former, I couldn't even tell if he was in it at all. Maybe he was one of those Court of Owls murals that The Merciless passes by.

Likewise, the second Batman Annual is about Batman and Catwoman, and Duke only appears as a cameo with some of the other Family members, and otherwise has no bearing on the story being told.

"Batman & Robin: Future's End" is an exception, but (pretty much definitely) isn't canon. Though like I said, it could make for a fun little "What If?" story read if you were so inclined.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 02-24-2018 at 02:18 PM.