Page 88 of 102 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1517
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

still wish duke could get a solo exploring the daytime concept more, but glad he at least has a book to appear in

Astonishing Member

Eh, I'm glad that he's finally showing up in a series, I'm liking the art and the characters selection, but not a big fan of the writer after how he treated duke during the arc. I'll still be picking this up but I'll be treading lightly on the series.

I wouldn't mind him on a teen team book but it would depend on the roster. I disliked how Damian teamed up with BB, Raven etc and prefer him having his own generation/connections. Same with Duke, i rather he find his own team than deal with someone else's hand-me downs.

Right now a team book is the best we could hope for.

Well, him being among the Outsiders is better than nothing, but I still hope that Tony Patrick will get another chance at a longer mini (at least) with him to explore what he set up in the first mini...

Astonishing Member

The biggest thing I like is the possible interactions between Duke and Cass, (which was another reason why I was disappointed in the Tec Arc, Cass was going to check on Duke and yet I couldn't recall a single panel exchange between Cass and Duke throughout the entire arc.)

I'm just hoping they eventually upgrade his costume. He has WAAY too many bats incoparated in his suit. I think it would be cool if they streamlined his suit, and give him his own insignia. maybe have him adopt the sun motifs that Gnomon had on his suit.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-23-2018 at 02:18 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, him being among the Outsiders is better than nothing, but I still hope that Tony Patrick will get another chance at a longer mini (at least) with him to explore what he set up in the first mini...
    I'd like to see that happen sometime. So much was left undone in that mini. I actually wish it had gotten a longer run than three issues.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm just hoping they eventually upgrade his costume. He was WAAY too many bats incoparated in his suit. I think it would be cool if they streamlined his suit, and give him his own insignia. maybe have him adopt the sun motifs that Gnomon had on his suit.
    I was actually hoping they would upgrade his suit now. Sun motifs and a more streamlined suit sound great to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I was actually hoping they would upgrade his suit now. Sun motifs and a more streamlined suit sound great to me.
    How would you feel if they moved him away from the daytime protector and made Duke the definitive black ops member of the batfamily? The daytime niche is pretty good, I wasn't all that impressed with it, but I think the black ops angle could give Duke more wiggle room to work with.

Astonishing Member

How would you feel if they moved him away from the daytime protector and made Duke the definitive black ops member of the batfamily? The daytime niche is pretty good, I wasn't all that impressed with it, but I think the black ops angle could give Duke more wiggle room to work with.
    I'd prefer that to be honest, the thing is Duke has often felt like the red headed step child due to DC wanting to primary focus on him being different and distant from the rest of the group. But that's coming at a cost to where it's only like he's barely associated with the batfamily, and that shouldn't be the case. Miles Morales became popular because he fully embraced the spider family.) Now I'm not saying that should apply to Duke, but they need to be more careful, IMO, on how distant they want to keep him from the rest of the group.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I'd prefer that to be honest, the thing is Duke has often felt like the red headed step child due to DC wanting to primary focus on him being different and distant from the rest of the group. But that's coming at a cost to where it's only like he's barely associated with the batfamily, and that shouldn't be the case. Miles Morales became popular because he fully embraced the spider family.) Now I'm not saying that should apply to Duke, but they need to be more careful, IMO, on how distant they want to keep him from the rest of the group.
    To be fair--- Miles stayed in his OWN book when he first started.

It was not until volume 2 you saw him in two books.

Excluding Spider-Men-he was distance from the others until the merger.

For the most part since he has appeared in two books. His and a team book. Even now without one-he's still popping up in two books-Champions, Venom & now Spider Man family reunion event.

Miles was allowed to be his OWN person. A trait that Marvel made sure you saw with Peter's other kinfolks.

Duke has YET to get that and it's doubtful he will.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    To be fair--- Miles stayed in his OWN book when he first started.

It was not until volume 2 you saw him in two books.

Excluding Spider-Men-he was distance from the others until the merger.

For the most part since he has appeared in two books. His and a team book. Even now without one-he's still popping up in two books-Champions, Venom & now Spider Man family reunion event.

Miles was allowed to be his OWN person. A trait that Marvel made sure you saw with Peter's other kinfolks.

Duke has YET to get that and it's doubtful he will.

You're misunderstanding my point. The original poster was talking about changing The signal's costume to remove the bat signal so he can be on my own.

Miles Morales costume is very closely related to spider man (just with a cooler design and color scheme IMO), and it's his costume and his powers that helps anchors himself into the Spider Man family.

And you're only consider Peter Parker, which is only one member of the spider man family. In Miles on book, before his conversion to the 616 universe, Jessica Drew, Spider Woman, was one of his top 5 most important supporting cast members, many of his villains have been spider man based villains, especially in the ultimate universe side.

So yeah, Miles was in his own book, but he was surrounded by the ethos and content of Spider Man, and that definitely played a part in why he's so popular today.

Essentially, people keep thinking that everyone wants these characters who's even legacy based characters to spawn out and completely be on their own. But that's not what made these characters popular. What made characters like Miles Morales, X-23, The Mighty Thor, etc so popular is the fact that they are heavily based on the classic characters but with a diverse and modern twist. There's already tons of heroes that do spark out and do their own thing, not everybody needs to fall in that bucket.

I find it really sad to see all the knee jerks reaction to Duke being included in the Outsiders. I really don't know why peoples hate him so much. Then again, it's the same peoples clamoring for the return of their favorite, who already weren't able to draw crowds as they were written, and refuse to see those character changed/actualised. It's the same mess with the NAoH books : plenty of people refusing to buy them "because they will fail and I want to see X instead of them, written just as he was the last time" and creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. it's almost as if D.C. readers actively resisted any kind of change in the statu quo of the Universe if it doesn't entirely revolve around the Big Three, and even then changes have to be minimal.

Extraordinary Member

Don't know, most of the other charcters feel way more fitting for Black Ops. I mean they have 3 trained Assassins (Jason, Damian, Cassandra), 4 former Spies (Dick, Helena, Julia and Alfred), and one who is basically trained for Miliatry special ops (Kate) why should the High School student be the black ops guy?

Mighty Member

I think daytime protector is a good niche for Duke. It already had him stand out from the rest. The fact that he's also a meta is a HUGE bonus.

Sidenote: I had my complaints about Duke's treatment in Detective. But maybe it'll change in Outsiders. I really like Duke and want to see him grow. I have never seen the existence of a character trigger so many negative feelings. Duke and others can easily coexist.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K