Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1517

Some Duke fan art

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Some Duke fan art

Always nice to see new fan artwork!

The 1st one is a nice, sci-fi/space rendition of his Signal wear, and I especially like how the 3rd almost completely chronicles Duke's hero evolution. Not sure how it could have been incorporated, but the only thing really missing is his Zero Year look as a young kid and his Endgame look in that formal suit.

Astonishing Member

Love that scetch of The Signal!

Lastly, just so you're aware, that last one isn't fanart. It's an edit of a panel in Batman and The Signal.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Love that scetch of The Signal!

Lastly, just so you're aware, that last one isn't fanart. It's an edit of a panel in Batman and The Signal.
    Yeah I know, I just liked the edit a lot LOL I felt compelled to include it.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Yeah I know, I just liked the edit a lot LOL I felt compelled to include it.
    Interesting. As long as you're aware.

What about the panel that you like about it that you're compelled by it being singled out?

Interesting. As long as you're aware.

What about the panel that you like about it that you're compelled by it being singled out?
    I like the use of color. The bright yellow of Duke's costume against the solid red of the background was interesting to me. I'm likely reading too much into it (it's exam time where I'm at so maybe I've spending too much time studying for art history) but I read it as a play on a couple things. The red could be playing off the red from the blood and the obvious danger he's in but also can be read as a play on his time as a "psuedo" Robin; red with yellow accents is definitively Robin (all it's missing is a touch of green). The smear of yellow kinda looks like an aura, which is a nice touch.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

I like the use of color. The bright yellow of Duke's costume against the solid red of the background was interesting to me. I'm likely reading too much into it (it's exam time where I'm at so maybe I've spending too much time studying for art history) but I read it as a play on a couple things. The red could be playing off the red from the blood and the obvious danger he's in but also can be read as a play on his time as a "psuedo" Robin; red with yellow accents is definitively Robin (all it's missing is a touch of green). The smear of yellow kinda looks like an aura, which is a nice touch.
    Ah, okay. I also noticed the yellow smear and how it looked like The Signal's aura emanating from him as he's thrown to the left of the panel.

Ah, okay. I also noticed the yellow smear and how it looked like The Signal's aura emanating from him as he's thrown to the left of the panel.
    Yeah, I like how it makes it feel a bit more kinetic. In my mind it looks kinda like when you look at a light, it moves, and it leaves a trail behind of it's movement.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I like how it makes it feel a bit more kinetic. In my mind it looks kinda like when you look at a light, it moves, and it leaves a trail behind of it's movement.
    I agree with the kinetic aspect. I also like it because it evokes the idea of having an aura emanation as a symbol of power type thing.

I agree with the kinetic aspect. I also like it because it evokes the idea of having an aura emanation as a symbol of power type thing.
    I can definitely see that. Question: how would you feel about Duke interacting with the Green Lanterns? Light based power synergy and whatnot. How do you think he'd relate to each Lantern?

currently following:

Astonishing Member

I can definitely see that. Question: how would you feel about Duke interacting with the Green Lanterns? Light based power synergy and whatnot. How do you think he'd relate to each Lantern?
    He already had his moment with Hal. But in general, it would depend on the story/scenario (and of course who's writing it).

Depending on who's writing it, that is to say whether either parties are being written with their due nuance and diligence, I can see Duke/The Signal getting on well with both John Stewart and Simon Baz. I'd think both would appreciate his company and general sensibility after getting to know him a bit and seeing how he operates. The others are more vague and depend on the story to dictate how things would go down.

Some Duke News

currently following:

He already had his moment with Hal. But in general, it would depend on the story/scenario (and of course who's writing it).

Depending on who's writing it, that is to say whether either parties are being written with their due nuance and diligence, I can see Duke/The Signal getting on well with both John Stewart and Simon Baz. I'd think both would appreciate his company and general sensibility after getting to know him a bit and seeing how he operates. The others are more vague and depend on the story to dictate how things would go down.
    I definitely see him having a more amicable relationship with Simon or John than most of the other Lanterns. There's a grounded pragmatism to them that I think they share with Duke that would work for a mentor/big brother type relationship with Duke; particularly John. I also think Jessica would be fun dynamic. Since moving passed her anxiety, I think she's moving toward a more adventurous character direction that I think could lend itself to fun cosmic romps between the two. Duke being the youthful but more intelligent counter to her newfound emotional maturity and enthusiasm.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Some Duke News

It is interesting to know that I and a few others in this thread were not alone with our dissatisfaction of how Duke was used by Bryan in his Detective arc, including the overall lack thereof. Of course, Bryan is still sticking to his guns that he isn't finished. We'll have to wait and see what that means.

To the first twitter poster's post, I'm not surprised to see someone look from that perspective about Duke getting hurt, seeing it as a "fictional real life just got real life in fiction". Still, it really is no band of relief when the character chosen to show how "real life" things can be is a character who hasn't really been allowed to flourish to a point where something like that can happen and the readers are comfortable enough not to think the worst, with only words to assuage the discomfort of the sheer uncertainty. Words similar to the kind that seemed to imply the promise of something more than the victim of "real life getting real in fiction".

I definitely see him having a more amicable relationship with Simon or John than most of the other Lanterns. There's a grounded pragmatism to them that I think they share with Duke that would work for a mentor/big brother type relationship with Duke; particularly John. I also think Jessica would be fun dynamic. Since moving passed her anxiety, I think she's moving toward a more adventurous character direction that I think could lend itself to fun cosmic romps between the two. Duke being the youthful but more intelligent counter to her newfound emotional maturity and enthusiasm.
    Pretty much agree with your thoughts here.