Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Oh, my! (But I will have to see it before I believe it... lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The question is can EITHER Jean support a solo series over a long haul? Some characters simply play better as part of a team book, or might be able to sustain a miniseries but not an ongoing.
    We won't know until their given a chance.

But, the large amount of books Marvel is pumping out won't help though. There needs to be some fanfare for this and other solo books. Spider Gwen and Silk got good advertising, which helped greatly. Part of the reason Storm failed was because many didn't know the book existed.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The question is can EITHER Jean support a solo series over a long haul? Some characters simply play better as part of a team book, or might be able to sustain a miniseries but not an ongoing.
    This has always been the question of giving most any X-Man a solo, which is why they usually end up being mini-series in retrospect. They're usually so tied to the team and rarely allowed outside of it that it can be hard to come up with viable adventures for them, especially antagonists to go against. Interestingly, Jean actually has acquired of an appreciable rogue's gallery of viable antagonists that while they are relevant to the X-Men as a whole are deeply personal to her such as Mr. Sinister, Madelyne Pryor, the Shiar, etc.

But that was OG Jean. Teen Jean (which this book is 99% likely to be about) hasn't gotten on anyone's bad side too much yet except maybe for Xavier Jr. and the Shiar. Also, there is a lot of fire in that filler cover. Perhaps they'll finally address the Phoenix in the room?
    Last edited by ariwl1; 10-19-2016 at 09:17 AM.

So happy with this news.

Was really hoping this would be the case. A couple years ago, Bendis hinted that there was a Jean Grey solo series in the works. I have a feeling it got pushed back due to Secret Wars and all the IvX stuff. Well, I'm okay with waiting because a character like Jean Grey is worth the wait.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Original Jean Grey is just about my favorite female hero and if this is about her, I will gladly pay $5 a pop.

Teen Jean....not so much.
    Batman - Daredevil

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I like both, but as I'm a recent x-men readers I have more familiarity with Jeen.
    Anyway i think this is very deserved and about time to give a chance for her
    Yeah, I agree. No matter what Jean this is, which odds are, it is Jeen, it is very deserved. Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Emma Frost, and Mystique have all gotten solo titles, and now its time for Jean to get one.

So pleasantly surprised by this. Wow.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

OMG! I'm kinda freaking out right now, screaming internally. Jean really deserves, and even though I would literally die of joy if the original one came back, I don't think that's what's gonna happen so I'm just really glad Jeen is getting more development, and hopefully a new costume. I really think that has a big chance of being really succesful, after Apocalypse lots of people are more interested in Jean I guess.

Though... If this is really teen Jean even though there's images of the old one, I imagine these were no evidence that the older Iceman is the one getting the solo, or even... That these are actually all thematic minis and not really ongoing series, I've been actually worried about that since Iceman and Weapon X were announced...

YES! My favorite character finally gets a book!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Interesting. Hope it's adult Jean, the whole ResurrXion thing means it could be if they wanted.

Wasp and Jean now have solo's....

Marvel, there is one missing from the original 3 who needs it next...
    Wasp is a legacy character and Jean a younger time-displaced version. Get ready for All New Invisible Woman with... Valeria?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanpaul123 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOO, TIME DISPLACED Jean is a ****, but WHAT IF Inhumans vs X-men ends with the return of the Jean Grey, now I would rather read that.
    Like the return of Phoenix? I'd read the **** out of that.

Can't lie you guys I'm on the verge of tears. It's going to take a bit to sink in. This has made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanpaul123 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOO, TIME DISPLACED Jean is a ****, but WHAT IF Inhumans vs X-men ends with the return of the Jean Grey, now I would rather read that.
    I dont see this being about adult Jean. She's dead and if and when she returns, I dont see it as being spoiled by some teaser of her having an upcoming ongoing. It'll either be a complete surprise in books or they'd make a much bigger deal about it. I dont expect her back as long as Quesada is around and they seem 100% invested in teen Jean

Too bad this is going to be about the awful teen Jean. If it was the real Jean now that would have been interesting.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

This is actually great news and of all the characters this would make this most sense, especially if they use this ongoing to bring her back to life and send Jeen back to her original timeline. Congrats Jean fans!!