Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wasp is a legacy character and Jean a younger time-displaced version. Get ready for All New Invisible Woman with... Valeria?
    Please no. I would never forgive Marvel.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Woot woot. Yasss! First congratulations to all the Jean Fans i know ya wanted this for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This is actually great news and of all the characters this would make this most sense, especially if they use this ongoing to bring her back to life and send Jeen back to her original timeline. Congrats Jean fans!!
    This is her timeline. Sure they can retcon stuff but as is, post SW, there really is nowhere for her to go. This is her present day. What I always expected if and when adult Jean returned, is that they'd merge the characters, kind of like what happened in inferno, but instead of a seperate personality, there would simply be one completely integrated Jean

I think that's sort of the explanation for Tony Stark/Iron Man post-Heroes Reborn/Onslaught as well...that the Tony Stark who came back was both original Tony and Teen Tony merged together, or something like that. (also why Wasp wasn't some freaky mutant creature when she came back to "our" universe).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Is it the awesome dead Jean or the teenage version?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Is it the awesome dead Jean or the teenage version?
    It's probably teen Jean. If so, Marvel is making a grand mistake. The people have clamored for Jean's return for years now. She is missed bu highly needed in today's craziness. Bring back Jean!

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is her timeline. Sure they can retcon stuff but as is, post SW, there really is nowhere for her to go. This is her present day. What I always expected if and when adult Jean returned, is that they'd merge the characters, kind of like what happened in inferno, but instead of a seperate personality, there would simply be one completely integrated Jean
    I really think this is going to happen. Dead Jean is coming back and these two will come together somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That would be quite a cool way to do it...

I must admit, after everything the time-displaced X-Men have been through I think it would be a huge shame/mistake to just have them be sent back into the past and have their memories wiped. I actually prefer Jeen over the adult version, and think she has a lot of room, to grow and develop in an interesting way, so my hopes are this series follows her.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This is actually great news and of all the characters this would make this most sense, especially if they use this ongoing to bring her back to life and send Jeen back to her original timeline. Congrats Jean fans!!
    Thanks!

And I'd love to see this book be used as a tool to:

1) eventually return her and her teammates back to their time

And/or

2) the resurrection of her adult self

Unlike most people I'm actually more excited about the prospect of this being about teen Jean especiallly if, like you said, the book is used to bring an eventual resolution to the time displaced xmen conundrum

Edit: I guess post secret wars this is her timeline so mybfirst point cant really be accomplished.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Great that Jean Grey is getting a title. Can't wait to find out the creative team. If it is teen Jean which i'm sure it is i hope this series focuses on developing a life beyond the X-men something that i think some x-characters lack and it sometimes hinders them in solo books. It seems Marvel is giving some of the 05ers the chance to star in their own books and let them develop without having to deal with 40 years of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Thanks!

And I'd love to see this book be used as a tool to:

1) eventually return her and her teammates back to their time

And/or

2) the resurrection of her adult self

Unlike most people I'm actually more excited about the prospect of this being about teen Jean especiallly if, like you said, the book is used to bring an eventual resolution to the time displaced xmen conundrum

Edit: I guess post secret wars this is her timeline so mybfirst point cant really be accomplished.
    Sorry but I have to say I loled at you saying "That's her timeline, there's no past to go back!" and then "I hope she goes back to the past".

I am happy beyond words.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    YES! A JEAN GREY SOLO SERIES! I didn't think they would ever give Jean a solo, but I'm very happy to be wrong. Now all we need is a good writer and artist. I'm hoping that she can pull double duty and have a solo and still be in a team book.
    I love these kind of reactions..so animated.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Its teen jean. There is no way they bring back true jean. They would have done it by now. "Resurrextion" isnt bring back people IMO its just a banner like Regenesis was after Schism

BANNED

and pass..... 0 for 3 for me.....