Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Clairaudient Freedom Soldier I believe this applies to you...

Attachment 5454
    I like this, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    I've tried hard not to bring it up. She offers him more wine, he say no, she insists and pours more anyway. She is clearly the aggressor.
    Please elaborate on your overall opinion, I'm curious.

I don't think Sam could have possibly known she was inexperienced. For all he knew, she was banging Captain Zolandia and those weird Romita tooth-monsters on the reg.

For that matter, when she says "I'd never done that before," how do we know what she meant by "that"? It could have just been her first time that wasn't an exercise in depraved deviance.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I don't think Sam could have possibly known she was inexperienced. For all he knew, she was banging Captain Zolandia and those weird Romita tooth-monsters on the reg.

For that matter, when she says "I'd never done that before," how do we know what she meant by "that"? It could have just been her first time that wasn't an exercise in depraved deviance.
    True, Exciter, there's definitely ambiguity in that statement.

While my tongue is planted firmly in cheek, Sam said no more wine. Its right there. She said live a little. According to the rules put forth by the... tumblr... crowd...Jet is clearly the aggressor.

My opinion? Two majority adults, who have known each other longer than some married couples, engaged in consensual coitus. Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    And what about all Jet's self-discipline. She dresses like a hooker so that makes her a hooker?
    Surely you're not implying that an adult woman choosing to initiate sexual activity with an adult man is lacking self-discipline, or acting like a hooker? Because that would be a horribly misogynist thing to say about women in general, many of whom make similar decisions every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Heroes must be consistent in the values they are supposed to uphold in their personal and public lives. In Falcon's case, the value he was supposed to uphold as it relates to Jet Black is respect/self-restraint (i.e., respect for himself and Jet). Jet is new to earth, and Falcon had an obligation to set a good example. I expected more from Sam ...
    So what if she's new to Earth? What, they don't have sex where she's from? And how is it disrespectful for an adult male to have sex with an adult female? Especially when she's not only clearly consenting to it, but initiating it in the first place?

What I think is disrespectful is in assuming an adult woman is incapable of making her own choices, and must be shielded from doing so by men who are simply doing The Right Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    A moral weakness in one area of a person's life rarely remains confined to that particular area, especially when it is taken for granted (see General Petraeus).
    Two adults choosing to have sex is not a 'moral weakness'. It's simply two adults choosing to have sex. And two unattached adults hooking up is a bit different than a married person cheating on their spouse.