Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Default Captain America #22

* shakes head in disappointment *

I expected more from Falcon ...

What happened? Also if you don't mind me asking, how was Steve portrayed now that he's an old man?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    What happened? Also if you don't mind me asking, how was Steve portrayed now that he's an old man?
    Steve wasn't so much the focus in the issue.

Regarding what the OP said: spoilers:
    Falcon and Jet slept together. Falcon freaked a bit saying since they work together they can't do that. Jet was cool with that but wanted Sam to let her know if he changes their mind. They eventually kiss but then Jet notices Zola's invasion!
    end of spoilers

Other stuff in issue:

spoilers:
    Zola and Skull plot together. Skull says Iron Nail has taken care of Steve and he confirms that Genosha is all set up and that Zola's invasion will distract the Avengers. Zola reminds Skull that they are partners and that he doesn't work for the Skull anymore. In the mansion, Steve is watching news broadcast that says Shield and Cap are horrible and should be fired/removed. Fury Jr and Hill show up to say to ignore the news and that he did a great thing. Unfortunately they confirm to Steve that Gugnir is not destroyed and will be repaired. Fury Jr points out that they need it in case of a Celestial Execution shows up again and the various heroes can't save the planet. Steve is not happy and thinks Iron Nail was right. Cut to Tony, Thor, and Banner talking about how they can't find any trace of the super soldier serum in Cap anymore. They notice Zola's invasion and say they don't know who's invading but summon Avengers to deal with it. Cap walks in says that's Zola and they're screwed which Banner confirms. Tony wants to know what they're hiding but then intruder alert go off. A super mutate is on its way to kill Cap.
    end of spoilers

Thanks, Mahes. I've wanted to get into this series, especially with Steve now an old man, but I didn't have the budget.

Sounds like a good issue with ties to Dimension Z and Uncanny Avengers, plus the upcoming Axis event.

As for the Falcon thing, good for him I guess, nice to see he might have a future relationship. I'm just glad they didn't set up some weird relationship with Cap.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Falcon bit was random. Didn't see that coming at all. It's not a bad issue but maybe a bit dull compared to the prior issue. It's a set up issue but nice to see how it fits into the timeline.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really good issue, I'm loving how everything is starting to tie together. By the way, the thing Bruce and Thor said Tony didn't know about was Cap being in deminsion Z right?

still a few issues at my LC gave this a go after a rcomendation. Was a little lost but seemed like a good issue.

When did Fury start wearing the Trench Coat?
    The J-man

When the artist wanted to draw him closer to the movie version of course.

spoilers:
    When Jet started to make her move on Falcon
    end of spoilers, he should have said, "No, thank you. This isn't a good idea at this time."

Jet is a stranger to a new world, and Falcon missed spoilers:
    an opportunity to be a gentleman. And then after realizing what he had done, he repeats the mistake
    end of spoilers when he should have said, "This is inappropriate. I have to set a good example for you. See you later." Shame ...
    Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 07-02-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    He's a feisty old man with the mind of a 31 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    spoilers:
    When Jet started to make her move on Falcon
    end of spoilers, he should have said, "No, thank you. This isn't a good idea at this time."

Jet is a stranger to a new world, and Falcon missed spoilers:
    an opportunity to be a gentleman. And then after realizing what he had done, he repeats the mistake
    end of spoilers when he should have said, "This is inappropriate. I have to set a good example for you. See you later." Shame ...
    Well regarding the 1st incident:
    spoilers:
    He did have a drink prior to that. Impaired judgement and all but both of them are adults operating under free will.
    end of spoilers

The 2nd incident:
    spoilers:
    He was trying to set boundaries again but acted upon his attraction to Jet.
    end of spoilers

While Jet is indeed new to the world, she certainly knew what she was doing. Plus I don't think this is anything to condemn Falcon on either.

I thought this issue was great. Really starting to see things moving now. I thought the last page was epic too.

How old is Jet and How old is Falcon???

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    How old is Jet and How old is Falcon???
    I have to check earlier issues later but Jet's age has not been established but I think she's 18-22. Falcon is in mid 20s.

In the scene where Jet and Sam are drinking she says her father gave her some wine for her 23rd birthday.

I really enjoyed this issue. It was a bit of a set-up issue for what's to come, but I liked all the different interactions we got. I'm interested to see how the other avengers react to Deminsion Z and what happened to Steve. And I kinda loved the Jet-Sam hook-up. It could definitely make things interesting....