Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    spoilers:
    When Jet started to make her move on Falcon
    end of spoilers, he should have said, "No, thank you. This isn't a good idea at this time."

Jet is a stranger to a new world, and Falcon missed spoilers:
    an opportunity to be a gentleman. And then after realizing what he had done, he repeats the mistake
    end of spoilers when he should have said, "This is inappropriate. I have to set a good example for you. See you later." Shame ...
    Why? Is it wrong for him to have sex with her, she liked him and they were both above 18. I see no problem with this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Why? Is it wrong for him to have sex with her, she liked him and they were both above 18. I see no problem with this.
    Mostly because before the 23 line, I would have guessed that she was younger.

So we're all guessing the armored guy is Ian, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    In the scene where Jet and Sam are drinking she says her father gave her some wine for her 23rd birthday.

I really enjoyed this issue. It was a bit of a set-up issue for what's to come, but I liked all the different interactions we got. I'm interested to see how the other avengers react to Deminsion Z and what happened to Steve. And I kinda loved the Jet-Sam hook-up. It could definitely make things interesting....
    Ah! Thanks, I missed that when I read this. Jet/Sam feels random but I'm not against it.

When was the last time the Falcon had a relationship?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    When was the last time the Falcon had a relationship?
    Probably last time he had a series.

People elsewhere are claiming Jet was said to be 14 before, but is this true? 23 seems a lot more right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Ah! Thanks, I missed that when I read this. Jet/Sam feels random but I'm not against it.
    Oh yeah, it's definitely random.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Mostly because before the 23 line, I would have guessed that she was younger.

So we're all guessing the armored guy is Ian, right?
    I went back to the first few issues, and in issue #1 you have baby/newborn Ian and little girl Jet, who looks to me between 6&8. Then issue #2&3 are one year later and Ian looks like between 3&5, and Jet still looks to be the same age. The last time jump is issue #4 and its 11 years later. Ian looks between 11&13, and Jet looks late teens to early 20's.

So I'm not sure where I was going with that, other than to show that the ages of the kids were kind of questionable the whole time. I think they gave us an age because they didn't want to make Sam seem creepy, so they set an official age. For now at least because ages seem to never be set in stone...

As for your last question, yes, I do think it's Ian. I just hope he isn't working for Zola... maybe he found out about Zola's plan and stole a mutates armor to sneak through...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    Oh yeah, it's definitely random.

I went back to the first few issues, and in issue #1 you have baby/newborn Ian and little girl Jet, who looks to me between 6&8. Then issue #2&3 are one year later and Ian looks like between 3&5, and Jet still looks to be the same age. The last time jump is issue #4 and its 11 years later. Ian looks between 11&13, and Jet looks late teens to early 20's.

So I'm not sure where I was going with that, other than to show that the ages of the kids were kind of questionable the whole time. I think they gave us an age because they didn't want to make Sam seem creepy, so they set an official age. For now at least because ages seem to never be set in stone...

As for your last question, yes, I do think it's Ian. I just hope he isn't working for Zola... maybe he found out about Zola's plan and stole a mutates armor to sneak through...
    Eh, it's not like the same guy hasn't written Jet throughout her existence. It's more, she's playing the part of a newcomer to our world, so there's a big of child-likeness to her. Despite the fact she's a genetically created Nazi killing machine.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Sam had a responsibility to show Jet, who isn't a regular adult, the best of humanity. Self-restraint would have been the more honorable course of action.

It appears they mistook this quandary for a dragon, it'll be like a puzzle with a missing piece,
    Just give this rider quantum bands and I'll train the falcon, the fearless peacekeeper who makes violence cease.
    Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 07-02-2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Revised rhyme

godg7ven

Good issue not great. Typical set up issue but I am loving this story... One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is the fact that caps "son" is still alive and who that may be in the suit.

Ultimate Member

Falcon and Jet, huh? It'd have never thought of that (truth be told I was kind of unsure of her age before this as well). But it's definitely interesting. I have a question, did Steve find out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Falcon and Jet, huh? It'd have never thought of that (truth be told I was kind of unsure of her age before this as well). But it's definitely interesting. I have a question, did Steve find out yet?
    Nah, he has no idea about it.

Astonishing Member

Well the news lady talking how Cap is a old relic and doesn't understand modern America gave me a deja vu on sally floyd, anyone else got that feeling?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Nah, he has no idea about it.
    Oh, it's going to be fun once he does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Sam had a responsibility to show Jet, who isn't a regular adult, the best of humanity. Self-restraint would have been the more honorable course of action.
    Are you kidding? Neither Jet nor Sam are prudes nor are they children. Two adults, attracted to each other, had sex. Some would call that a natural turn of events. Jet clearly had no misgivings and Sam's only issue is the "workplace sex" dilemma. I didn't see a relationship between these two coming but that's what happens in life sometimes and the idea of these two characters getting together is definitely intriguing.

Very good issue overall. Definitely falls into the category of a set-up issue but it's a very well done one. And I have to say, Remender's handling of Bruce, Tony, Steve, and Thor together makes me want him writing the main Avengers book. In just a couple of pages with these four, he conveyed their chemistry as old friends and teammates perfectly.