Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I haven't been keeping up with this series since 10, was there an issue before now that stated Jet's age? A lot of people seen to be freaking out and complaining that Remender wrote Falcon as a statutory rapist because Jet is "14".

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with this series since 10, was there an issue before now that stated Jet's age? A lot of people seen to be freaking out and complaining that Remender wrote Falcon as a statutory rapist because Jet is "14".
    I know but the time that passed in Dimension Z, Jet would be more like 25. I really don't get where "14" is coming from. Something I love about Remender's writing is he does play the long game but there is plenty in-between to make you look forward to the next issue even when its set up. Its not set up for more set up to more set up and then "boom" triple shipping to get to the point before more "set up".
    Mooper Films

Hoping that mysterious figure turns out to be

spoilers:
    Ian/Nomad
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    Lies, lies, and more lies. Jet's age has never been stated before now. It's ridiculous how much this misinformation has spread.

Ultimate Member

To be fair, Jet does LOOK pretty young (except for her bust size of course because comics) and they never explicitly stated her age before this. So I can understand how that could be confusing.

Yeah tumblr is freaking out over this and seemed to have pulled the number 14 out of thin air. Marvel has Psych Ward profiles on their site and here is one on Jet from September 2013, it describes here as "AN ADULT FEMALE" in the first line:

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2013/9...ward_jet_black

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    Yeah tumblr is freaking out over this and seemed to have pulled the number 14 out of thin air. Marvel has Psych Ward profiles on their site and here is one on Jet from September 2013, it describes here as "AN ADULT FEMALE" in the first line:

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2013/9...ward_jet_black
    The word Tumblr is all you need to know to figure out that rumor was false. And I'll be honest, I like the idea of seeing Falcon partnered up with someone, especially if he is about to take a leadership role soon as Captain America.

On top of Jet being supposedly underage, the tumblr crowd is also pissed that it was a drunken hook up because neither of them could have given consent while they were drunk and Sam should know better than to do that. Plus, it's kind of a culmination of all the things they hate about Remender's writing: that he treats women as disposable, the Iron Nail being racist, Cap being out of character, that speech Havok made, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

I should stress that that's their opinions and not mine, except the disposable part; it was bullshit that he killed Sharon off.

I guess I'm not the only one displeased with Remender?
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Mighty Member

Although I am not particularly displeased with Remender, if I said I was still invested in this run I'd be lying.

Jet was around before Rogers entered Dimension Z, because Rogers spent a decade in there doesn't mean she's 10 years old. She's clearly an adult woman.

People just like to take potshots at Remender for whatever reason.

I'm not taking pot shots at Remender, I don't even care about the whole Jet/Falcon thing. I just have hated the book since he took over
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Well regarding the 1st incident:
    spoilers:
    He did have a drink prior to that. Impaired judgement and all but both of them are adults operating under free will.
    end of spoilers

The 2nd incident:
    spoilers:
    He was trying to set boundaries again but acted upon his attraction to Jet.
    end of spoilers

While Jet is indeed new to the world, she certainly knew what she was doing. Plus I don't think this is anything to condemn Falcon on either.
    I was shocked that Jet could attain Irrational Exuberance. Jet always exhibited a sort of cold, calculated air, that was very adult, treating Cap as an inferior. But I suppose as she had experience with Wine before, she did get tipsy and felt the loose sensation of inebriation. What happens next is almost a "sleep around" mentality, where she just picks a partner and has it on. But Jet has no regrets, unlike Carol Danvers after she slept with Simon Williams, where Carol just ran out like it never happened. As for Sam, he's been waiting in the wings for a long time to nail Steves girlfriends, having a very good chance after Cap #25 with Sharon Carter, but that never eventuated, and his frustration must have increased. But now that he has another of Steve Rogers girls in Jet Black, I think Sam has at last got into some of the action. Bucky and Natasha, Steve and Sharon, Sam and ?

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    In the scene where Jet and Sam are drinking she says her father gave her some wine for her 23rd birthday.

I really enjoyed this issue. It was a bit of a set-up issue for what's to come, but I liked all the different interactions we got. I'm interested to see how the other avengers react to Deminsion Z and what happened to Steve. And I kinda loved the Jet-Sam hook-up. It could definitely make things interesting....
    Jet Black has future sensing powers and Falcon has bird surveillance, and communication. A mini should be in the offing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Well the news lady talking how Cap is a old relic and doesn't understand modern America gave me a deja vu on sally floyd, anyone else got that feeling?
    Yeah, this was just like the Frontline tack that was taken, and Steve Rogers sees it as that again. This is the pointer that the media is being manipulated, so we are being given a solid clue as to how this is being done, and by who. I think the Red Skull has to be doing this with Xaviers telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Are you kidding? Neither Jet nor Sam are prudes nor are they children. Two adults, attracted to each other, had sex. Some would call that a natural turn of events. Jet clearly had no misgivings and Sam's only issue is the "workplace sex" dilemma. I didn't see a relationship between these two coming but that's what happens in life sometimes and the idea of these two characters getting together is definitely intriguing.
    I do wonder if this will become a trait of Jet, that anybody who gets her tipsy she sleeps with, because she's not very experienced? As for Sam, I wonder if he will be able to function around Jet? He acted like he had deflowered the librarian, and now he was in trouble. I thought Sam was a lot more experienced in sex. Sam seems to be concerned at what Steve Rogers is going to think about this, and Sam has to now think, does he want this to be a long term thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Very good issue overall. Definitely falls into the category of a set-up issue but it's a very well done one. And I have to say, Remender's handling of Bruce, Tony, Steve, and Thor together makes me want him writing the main Avengers book. In just a couple of pages with these four, he conveyed their chemistry as old friends and teammates perfectly.
    I found it strange that Tony took this flippant stance to the other Avengers to the point of baiting Thor. Have I missed something, and now Tony is so familiar with Thor? I wouldn't have spoken that way to Thor. It sounded like the Silver Age where none of the Avengers knew each other and spoke with a swagger. And the mysterious knowledge that Banner and Rogers had has me intrigued. What is so dangerous about a Dimension Z portal? They've dealt with this sort of thing before. Is it because of the way the Law dealt with the FF and their NZ portal?
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-03-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Remender's run on the book, but, uhg, Tumblr needs to chill down and stop finding exuses to be mad at someone. There's enough horribleness in the comic books without them making up stuff.

With Zola back and Dimension Z open, does that mean we get Sharon back?
    As far as Sam, Brubaker had him walking out arm and arm with Rachel Leighton for what it's worth