Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue. It was a bit of a set-up issue for what's to come, but I liked all the different interactions we got. I'm interested to see how the other avengers react to Deminsion Z and what happened to Steve. And I kinda loved the Jet-Sam hook-up. It could definitely make things interesting....
    The issue was okay but certainly not without nits to pick!

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    * shakes head in disappointment *

I expected more from Falcon ...
    '
    Amen to that. Not even any foreplay (not even 1 issue). And what about all Jet's self-discipline. She dresses like a hooker so that makes her a hooker?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Steve wasn't so much the focus in the issue.
    Terrible. No exposition on his condition, that just happened, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Sounds like a good issue with ties to Dimension Z and Uncanny Avengers, plus the upcoming Axis event.
    Leary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    When did Fury start wearing the Trench Coat?
    Not to mention a Freud/FurySr fetish for chomping a cigar (or thinly veiled cigar shaped substitute of beef jerky)?!

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with this series since 10, was there an issue before now that stated Jet's age? A lot of people seen to be freaking out and complaining that Remender wrote Falcon as a statutory rapist because Jet is "14".

Where was her age stated?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Hoping that mysterious figure turns out to be

spoilers:
    Ian/Nomad
    end of spoilers

Noooooooo... Hope you're guess is wrong. *sigh* It was a good mystery introduction 'til I read this threas.

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it was taken care of, but wasn't Zola's plan to infect everyone with his conscience and then rule them? Or am I remembering wrong. It's been a while since I read those early issues.

Also, I haven't read anything else with Zola in it, but has he seemed to have stepped up his game since the last time the Avengers saw him? So while Tony basically says "it's just Zola", Steve and Bruce know a lot more of the real horror that went on in DZ.
    Huh, that will kind of make RS mind control power moot. Bah, Tony got no character respect. Mrs. Spendal was more interesting.

Preview.
    Captain-America-22-Cover-b927a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I don't think you understand why time passed so fast in Dimension Z--Zola didn't "age" it, time just moved faster. It wasn't the work of some invention of Zola's.

Also, they did make a pretty big deal about the Zola face on Steve's chest.
    Yeah, but if the Dimension Z portal could absorb the Earth into its dimension, it could age the Earth 11 years in Half an hour, that's what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yeah, but if the Dimension Z portal could absorb the Earth into its dimension, it could age the Earth 11 years in Half an hour, that's what I mean.
    Time would still pass normally for everyone on Earth, and all of the super-geniuses would probably find a way out in 11 years. I'm not sure what the devastating aspect of that would be.

Time would still pass normally for everyone on Earth, and all of the super-geniuses would probably find a way out in 11 years. I'm not sure what the devastating aspect of that would be.
    I would just compare the ageing process of all humans in the Dimension Z would be such that if they returned to the MU, that they would look into the mirror and see they aged, got illnesses, their bodies changed from super models to blobs, and the clocks and calendars haven't moved?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I would just compare the ageing process of all humans in the Dimension Z would be such that if they returned to the MU, that they would look into the mirror and see they aged, got illnesses, their bodies changed from super models to blobs, and the clocks and calendars haven't moved?
    Once again, that's not how it works. They'd still live through their those 11 years, it's not like a "fast-forward ray" where they're young one second and 11 years older the next. And if the whole planet goes into it, what calendars would still be stuck on the same day?

BANNED

Why does Falcon have to be held to a high moral standard? Never see anyone holding Stark or Clint to such standards when it comes to sleeping around.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Why does Falcon have to be held to a high moral standard? Never see anyone holding Stark or Clint to such standards when it comes to sleeping around.
    They should all be held to a high moral standard, they're heroes ...

Heroes are not allowed to have consensual one night stands? How does casual sex affect the moral standard that they're held to? I mean, they're still out there fighting evil, yes?

Funny thinking in those terms when we're discussing a hero who was a former pimp.

Either way, plenty of heroes in marvel do sleep around. And provided it's between 2 consentual adults, I don't see it as being that big a deal.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Heroes are not allowed to have consensual one night stands? How does casual sex affect the moral standard that they're held to? I mean, they're still out there fighting evil, yes?
    Heroes must be consistent in the values they are supposed to uphold in their personal and public lives. In Falcon's case, the value he was supposed to uphold as it relates to Jet Black is respect/self-restraint (i.e., respect for himself and Jet). Jet is new to earth, and Falcon had an obligation to set a good example. I expected more from Sam ...

heroes with flaws and faults are far more interesting.

Ultimate Member

Heroes must be consistent in the values they are supposed to uphold in their personal and public lives. In Falcon's case, the value he was supposed to uphold as it relates to Jet Black is respect/self-restraint (i.e., respect for himself and Jet). Jet is new to earth, and Falcon had an obligation to set a good example. I expected more from Sam ...
    Yeah no. Sam is expected to fight the bad guys (which he does) and protect the innocent (which he also does). However, he is not expected to be perfect 100% of the time. Not only is that not how human beings are, but it makes for really boring characters. Stuff like this happens, and Sam has shown in the past that he's not above having casual flings. So no, I'm not seeing the problem here.

BANNED

I see no reason why he has to turn down consensual sex with an adult to be a real hero.

How is having consensual sex showing disrespect for another person? She may be new to Earth, but she's an adult. Shs' s not mentally infirm, nor did Sam intentionally booze her up and take advantage of her. She knew what she wanted, and Sam obliged.

Not that this slice of personal life has anything to do with how Sam conducts himself as a hero.

Once again, that's not how it works. They'd still live through their those 11 years, it's not like a "fast-forward ray" where they're young one second and 11 years older the next. And if the whole planet goes into it, what calendars would still be stuck on the same day?
    There is that, yes. Maybe the Watcher will tell them no time has passed, and boy go you look old. Its still 2014.