Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't even remember that. I'll have to refresh my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I don't even remember that. I'll have to refresh my memory.
    Cool, isn't it?

In 'Hellboy: The Conqueror Worm' stuff is revealed on the soldier making first contact with Hellboy being freshly summoned to Earth (in 'Hellboy: Seed of Destruction').

Revealed is that there would have been more to that soldier than meets the eye.

The upcoming title 'The Visitor' has recently been presented as offering yet more perspective on this, if I understand correctly.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

SO cool.

My copies of H-CW are buried deep in storage. I'll have to search for those pages online somewhere. Though it would be nice if they reprinted them in this new book. Or at least recap it.

My copies of H-CW are buried deep in storage. I'll have to search for those pages online somewhere. Though it would be nice if they reprinted them in this new book. Or at least recap it.
    Or they just may want to refer people to the appropriate Hellboy tpb collection(s) / Library Editions.

Dude, do what you will. It won't be news that literally any comic, book and title within the Hellverse or Mignolaverse can be read on its own, perfectly,

but nonetheless, the sollicitations for 2017's upcoming titles 'The Visitor' - both as the 'Hellboy: Into the Silent Sea' GN in fact - are presenting these titles as to be having particular footing in Hellboy's and B.P.R.D. history already.

Just like how every title from Witchfinder to Lobster Johnson, SledgeHammer '44, or Frankenstein Underground would be bearing cross references to and fro, as granting continuous re-reading pleasure for all titles on the whole. Same as how the ongoing 'Hellboy & the B.P.R.D.' doesn't mandatorily require the Hellboy Companion per se, it may prove of interest notwithstanding.

Reading seems to be key in all this.

So happy reading, or storaging, up to your convenience.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-17-2016 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spells.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

I am sure it will be enjoyable either way. But some of us have a hard time remembering every detail of HBs 30 year history.

(BTW, I didn't mean downloading a pirate copy, like the panel above, I figure those pages might be available for viewing somewhere)
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-18-2016 at 07:10 AM.

Fantastic Member

Some of us reread everything every time we see a half remembered reference and lose our minds trying to work out what it all means.

By some of us, I mean me.