Thread: Superman '55

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Superman '55

Since Batman got a comic that takes place in the '66 TV show universe and Wonder Woman got one that takes place in the '77 TV show universe, and now that they're teaming up, who wants to see a Superman comic based on the fifties TV show?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Since Batman got a comic that takes place in the '66 TV show universe and Wonder Woman got one that takes place in the '77 TV show universe, and now that they're teaming up, who wants to see a Superman comic based on the fifties TV show?
    Said that a while back, when they announced Wonder Woman 77. of course, I'd rather have Wonder Woman '75, which was Wonder Woman '42. I'd also like a parallel world series where Wonder Woman '75 or '77 meets Wonder Woman '74, with Cathy Lee Crosby; and WW '67. Heck, do a whole Crisis where the various movie serial, movie and tv heroes meet up. Adam West meets Lewis Wilson and Robert Lowry, Kirk Alyn meets George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Tom Welling, Brandon Ruth, Henry Caville and throw in Johnny Rockwell, John Haymes Newton, and Gerard Christopher, for some more fun.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I'd absolutely love it, but it was specifically mentioned at SDCC that this isn't in the works.
    Buh-bye

Incredible Member

I was just thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. Last week I stumbled upon (or re-stumbled upon, since I initially saw it years earlier) Superman and the Secret Planet. Fan drawn and coloured comic based on an unproduced script for the GR series. Well worth checking out for anybody interested in this topic.

http://www.jimnolt.com/splanet1nm.htm
    Last edited by titansupes; 10-19-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh god, I'd be all over it.

This would be Interesting... if it happens someday..

1950.... Hmm, In JL Frontier, the first Superman appearance is in 1954....All very old but Superman was as he should be(without a doubt, equal or better than batman in all senses) and nothing more, in that film based in the Pre-crisis Era.

One comic of this Superman of 1950 should be awesome.....
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-20-2016 at 05:04 AM.