Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

The Bendis implied in a Tumblr post that despite what "spoiled", things may not be what they appear to be and urges fans to keep reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    The Bendis implied in a Tumblr post that despite what "spoiled", things may not be what they appear to be and urges fans to keep reading.
    Well of course he did haha
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    - The public doesn't really trust the heroes/Avengers at the moment (Champions #1)
    From Champions #1:
    • Kamala remains a member of the Avengers, which includes Jane!Thor, Sam!Cap and Vision. It is implied there have been other members quit the team recently.
    • Miles and Sam have quit the Avengers, a decision Kamala has been on at them to rethink.
    • The conflict has a significant personal cost to Miles, a consequence of the vision in CWII #5 and Captain Marvel's misguided attempts at preventing it from occurring perhaps.

I was wondering, as I was reading Infamous Iron Man #1 this morning, why Marvel can't seem to finish a huge crossover event before the next phase begins. Same thing happened with Secret Wars last year. I find it off-putting. We're reading the aftermath of Civil War before the event is over.

I don't care what Bendis says, it's going to take a lot of the oomph out of whatever happens. "Oh, right, Stark is dead. I already knew that. Thanks."

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Of course you can't see how it adds up. Besides not being over yet, you just started your post with "She is the reason Rhodes and Banner were killed". That pretty much makes it obvious that you're only seeing the whole story from one superficial point of view.
    It's a Bendis event, even if we make it to the end we still won't add it up because that is how it always ends with him and his event stories.

As for her causing their deaths, i will acknowledge Rhodey got himself killed by stepping into that situation but Banner i can't give her a pass and i feel that she will cause Stark's death thus she cements her position of being on top but losing everyone she loved because they won't want to be near her anymore like with what happens at the end of CW1 with Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    I was wondering, as I was reading Infamous Iron Man #1 this morning, why Marvel can't seem to finish a huge crossover event before the next phase begins. Same thing happened with Secret Wars last year. I find it off-putting. We're reading the aftermath of Civil War before the event is over.

I don't care what Bendis says, it's going to take a lot of the oomph out of whatever happens. "Oh, right, Stark is dead. I already knew that. Thanks."
    they picked slow artist and only had one

past events had multiple artists so this wouldn't happen.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Of course you can't see how it adds up. Besides not being over yet, you just started your post with "She is the reason Rhodes and Banner were killed". That pretty much makes it obvious that you're only seeing the whole story from one superficial point of view.
    It does seem a lot of people have not read Captain Marvel or focused on her argument, or for that matter not read the Iron Man books which take pains not to cast her as the bad guy.

Unfortunately in many of the tie-ins her care and attention to not biasing things, and her attempts to balance the issues while still utilising the assets she now has, are just not addressed at all. Instead they take the most extreme element of her argument and miss out the self doubt and agonising. It is no wonder many people only watching from the sidelines are not seeing the complexity of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    they picked slow artist and only had one

past events had multiple artists so this wouldn't happen.
    They picked an artist that was bringing a new baby into the family. That seems to have slowed things down.

One of the things I find interesting is the addition of an issue. Bendis was on record as saying he had finished the scripts before the publication on the first issue. In the interview I listened to he then went on to explain how it was never a good idea to still be writing an event when you were also listening to the critics because that may influence your story. But then, halfway through the event he seems to have suddenly decided on a more nuanced ending. I find it hard to believe he wasn't responding to the ongoing debate when he thought of this.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    One of the things I find interesting is the addition of an issue. Bendis was on record as saying he had finished the scripts before the publication on the first issue. In the interview I listened to he then went on to explain how it was never a good idea to still be writing an event when you were also listening to the critics because that may influence your story. But then, halfway through the event he seems to have suddenly decided on a more nuanced ending. I find it hard to believe he wasn't responding to the ongoing debate when he thought of this.
    A lot of the stuff he said about Invincible/International Iron Man in interviews also changed, guessing someone said "___ has to happen now" and it had to be rewritten.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    A lot of the stuff he said about Invincible/International Iron Man in interviews also changed, guessing someone said "___ has to happen now" and it had to be rewritten.
    I think he's at least confirmed that his plans for Doom and Riri got moved up thanks to Marvel editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It does seem a lot of people have not read Captain Marvel or focused on her argument, or for that matter not read the Iron Man books which take pains not to cast her as the bad guy.

Unfortunately in many of the tie-ins her care and attention to not biasing things, and her attempts to balance the issues while still utilising the assets she now has, are just not addressed at all. Instead they take the most extreme element of her argument and miss out the self doubt and agonising. It is no wonder many people only watching from the sidelines are not seeing the complexity of this issue.
    To be honest, I don't follow the Capt. Marvel ongoing, and I don't have the budget to buy all the tie-ins to any event, or at least those which series I'm not currently buying anyways.

My philosophy is that if Marvel is putting out an event, it should be self-contained, at least to a certain degree. If they can't tell a whole story without having us to buy 10 or 20 books more to "understand the deep motivations" of a character, then I think it's not the reader's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    To be honest, I don't follow the Capt. Marvel ongoing, and I don't have the budget to buy all the tie-ins to any event, or at least those which series I'm not currently buying anyways.

My philosophy is that if Marvel is putting out an event, it should be self-contained, at least to a certain degree. If they can't tell a whole story without having us to buy 10 or 20 books more to "understand the deep motivations" of a character, then I think it's not the reader's problem.
    This.

10char.

I feel the same way, except, Iron Man and Captain Marvel are the two main characters in Civil War II. So, I do think it was probably crucial to read their solo books during the event. I even picked up the Uncanny Inhumans tie-ins because they were such a big part of the event.

You will notice I agree with you to some extent which is why I bemoaned the fact that the tie-ins were not representative of the issue being explored in the core books. I would argue that the vast majority of tie-ins have not really been part of the wider event anyway. The event is pretty much confined to three or four titles. Everything else is peripheral at best and certainly not disruptive to the flow of those books.

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    I feel the same way, except, Iron Man and Captain Marvel are the two main characters in Civil War II. So, I do think it was probably crucial to read their solo books during the event. I even picked up the Uncanny Inhumans tie-ins because they were such a big part of the event.
    Indeed these are the core titles, although I don't know about UI because I choose not to read it.