Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Gold seal of approval!

Confirmed by Box Office Mojo today!

Logan just became profitable overnight with that news.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Hands down the BEST Wolverine movie FOX has pumped out, and one of the best X-Men movies in general. A solid send off for Hugh Jackman's portrayal of the character. Gives me hope for the future of FOX's portrayal of the franchise.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Logan Director Says Blu-Ray May Contain Deleted Scene About Jean Grey

Speaking with Empire, the director of Logan confessed the film originally featured a scene where Logan and Professor Xavier spoke about Grey. James Mangold explained that the scene was shot and ultimately cut from Logan’s theatrical release.

“I sketched out different conversations for that dinner scene and one of them went to a much darker place. Mrs Munson asks Logan if he’s married, and Charles says he was – but he killed her. Of course, he wasn’t really married, but what that then spawns is Charles waxing poetic about Jean Grey, and it’s a really cool moment. Both Hugh and Patrick were amazing,” Mangold said.

“The problem was, it created an incredibly powerful lead brick in the middle of the only moment in the movie where there was a breather,” he continued. “Even I, with my taste for the dark, felt that it was one too many. Things go pretty shitty within seconds after that.”
    I am SO GLAD Mangold didn't go through with this. It truly would have killed that 'family atmosphere' moment in the film. Though I have to admit, in 'The Wolverine' it added that extra influence on Logan's sad backstory. Based on its own ever-changing timeline, this would have been wrong anyway. After the events of 'Days of Future Past' it had wiped out the events of 'Last Stand'. So this would have been Professor Xavier talking about the original timeline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Logan Director Says Blu-Ray May Contain Deleted Scene About Jean Grey

I am SO GLAD Mangold didn't go through with this. It truly would have killed that 'family atmosphere' moment in the film. Though I have to admit, in 'The Wolverine' it added that extra influence on Logan's sad backstory. Based on its own ever-changing timeline, this would have been wrong anyway. After the events of 'Days of Future Past' it had wiped out the events of 'Last Stand'. So this would have been Professor Xavier talking about the original timeline.
    I like how Logan doesn't care about the timeline nonsense crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    I like how Logan doesn't care about the timeline nonsense crap.
    Especially if you consider the confusion that may have occurred for audience members not completely clear on X-Franchise timelines and character changes due to shifts in events.

Xmen_Xavier_timeline.jpg

If you consider the fact the only ones that experienced the full events of Last Stand were T1 Xavier and T1 Logan. What went back in time was T1 Logan into T2 Logan's body, which could mean their memories merged together as well. The only time T1 Xavier and T2 Xavier become aware of one another is through T1 Logan using T2 Logan's mind to have the two Xavier's acknowledge one another. But there is no merging of minds between the two Xaviers.

So there is the strong possibility T2 Xavier would only be aware of T1 Logan's actions in killing Jean Grey if he shared it with him, or he picked up on this from reading his memories (which he would try not to do). Though now that he is senile, there is a strong possibility this took place. You would just have to assume this occurred.
    Last edited by Killercroc357; 03-10-2017 at 07:02 AM.

BANNED

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Most people don't care.

Logan still tearing it up. Though with Kong and others coming out, naturally it is a tight market in staying at the top.

Fantastic Member

.. I'm so happy Get Out filled it's bag up as much as it could before this monstrosity came out lmao

BANNED

Logan still tearing it up. Though with Kong and others coming out, naturally it is a tight market in staying at the top.
    It pulled in a third of what Kong did, which is not bad. I saw it again on Friday and will most likely see it again. Despite the minimal SFX, it just came across as something that is more enjoyable on the big screen than on tv. It will continue to slide more, especially with Beauty and the Beast coming out on Friday.

And it looks like the International Box Office is loving this film - including a very strong China showing.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Unfortunately I'm too much of a procrastinator and so I waited too long to give my review on the movie. However let me say that it is by far one of my two favorite X-Men related movies (the other is Days of Future Past).

Spoilers!!!
    Almost everything about the movie was amazing. X-23 definitely stole the show when she was kicking even more ass then Wolverine himself. She was so cute and ruthless like a blood thirsty puppy. I loved the bond Wolverine had with her daughter. I thought it really added good character development for both of them. I hope the actress that plays her wins an award for best leading lady because she was amazing here. I thought it was compelling to see how Xavier had dementia and there for affected his powers. I liked how even though they didn't stay 100% true to the comics, it still stayed true to certain elements like taking a "package" across the country and having the villains kill all the heroes/X-Men and even having the Mutants be more endangered then ever. I liked how Mr. Sinister was portrayed by wanting to kill most of the mutant population and so he could control it in his mad experiments. The fight between Wolverine with X-24 was intense. I thought it was cool that the government was creating their own mutants by impregnating women. It was a good way to show Wolverine that he was neede now more then ever. But I think my favorite scene was when X-23 fight the Reavers at the desert base. It was amazing seeing a 12 year old fight as hard as she did and even flip over grown men twice here size. I thought it was sad that Wolverine accidentally lured the bad guys to the farmers house. It was even sadder to see the farmer wanted to shoot Logan. It just goes to show how tragic Wolverine's life is.

I give this movie 4.8 stars out of 5. The only thing I didn't like was all the F bombs and partial nudity in it. I don't think they needed to push the R rating so hard.

Also I want to give a special shout out to Hugh Jackman. Thanks for the 17 years of awesome memories. I bet he has the longest record of playing a super hero in a live action role.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Yeah, I thought the way The Wolverine handled it was enough. With Xavier himself playing a major role this time, we didn't need another reminder back to the main franchise.

-----

On a side note, lemme just say that as one of the first people in line in 2000 for the first movie, I was pretty annoyed that it was more like Wolverine and the X-Men (which Logan got in cartoon form almost a decade later). I was really annoyed by how much the X-films focused on Wolverine, even shoehorning that cameo in X-Men: Apocalypse. Like, damn, talk about oversaturation.

Then in 2017, I found myself in line for this movie, which I'd never done before for a Wolverine solo. Moreso, by the end I found myself deeply missing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Like, my grudge blinded me to the fact that I'd grown up with this guy. Then he meets the one girl he could call family, loses his father figure, and then says goodbye, all in the span of less than a week. Cue the manly tears.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    even shoehorning that cameo in X-Men: Apocalypse.
    I actually rewatched that scene and noticed that it does show him killing Zander Rice's father.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Then in 2017, I found myself in line for this movie, which I'd never done before for a Wolverine solo. Moreso, by the end I found myself deeply missing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Like, my grudge blinded me to the fact that I'd grown up with this guy. Then he meets the one girl he could call family, loses his father figure, and then says goodbye, all in the span of less than a week. Cue the manly tears.
    That scene where he buried Xavier was such a wow scene.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.