Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Surge, Laura, and MAH BOY Hellion in the mix, yo!
    Only if Hellion wears his short shorts.

Haha, I kid, I kid. But not really.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Bring this two sweet x women back,
    Best girls

Amazing Member

Well well well, i am intrigued. That's a title we haven't seen in ages, and it's certainly sparked my interest.

Judging by the number of characters on that cover, I'm guessing they're only using the name and concept for that one and it's going to be a new teen book (maybe "school" book?) Now I wonder if it's going to be a bunch of new kids or if they're going to use existing characters to fill the roster. I'm hoping for the latter considering there are already a lot of characters currently in limbo waiting for someone to remember they exist...

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    No New Mutants plz.

This is the 90s babies time to shine
    All of the last few years' **** would be worth it if RessurXion stands for Resurrection of Synch!

Great news!

Personally hoping for Jubilee, M, Chamber and Husk, to be unambigiously the main characters. Love Hellion, Pixie and the like but they ain't Gen X.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

I'm so happy right now. When Marvel announced that Iceman, Jean Grey, and Weapon X was all getting comics I was like cool good for them I have to hear more info on those books before getting to exited. But for this book, just take my money Marvel! I love the children characters from the Academy X, the Generation X, and the ones from the Spider-man and the X-men mini series. I'm so exited right now. It would be cool if it was a mix of characters from all of the past kid's X-men books. It would be cool if Emma was back as a teacher too. I don't know which characters I want on the team there are so many that I like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    All of the last few years' **** would be worth it if RessurXion stands for Resurrection of Synch!
    And Angelo!

Maggot too

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    And Angelo!
    See, I didn't mind that Everett died because it served the narrative well, and in fact I don't WANT him to come back. His death, and what Emma did to Adrienne afterwards, should haunt her forever. But Skin was killed off for shock value during one of the worst runs on UXM ever, so I wouldn't mind at all if he returned to the land of the living.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Wishful thinking here, but I'd like to see something akin to Academy X or Wolverine & the X-Men, where the alumni (New Mutants, Gen X) train and teach the younger students (NXM, Lights, etc.) in an ensemble cast book. Focus on a small group of characters for shorter story arcs (thinking 1-3 issues), and then rotate them to focus on another group. And make Emma the headmistress. Done and done.
    Yes! Return of the alum tutored costumed squads of 6 or so plz. It's a neat gimmick that will enable fun rotation and can showcase as many characters and dynamics as possible. Academy X focused only on the rivalry between New Mutants and Hellions but it would be great if this book shared the love with the neglected Paragons, Alpha Squadron, Corsairs etc. in different issues/arcs as well.

I hope this about the earlier x-babies complaining about all these damn lazy mutant millennials.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

YEP! YUP!

the original draft of this comment has been scrapped due to gratuitous expletives

I AM HYPE

BANNED

I've seen a lot of comments to the effect of "Character X can't be in this because Y is happening with them in January." Keep in mind, these books aren't being released until sometime this coming spring (I would say March at the EARLIEST). So it really doesn't matter AT ALL what's happening in January, as there's no telling how things are going to be shaken up by the time ResurrXtion actually begins.

Astonishing Member

One of my favorite series is returning....!!

Can't wait to see who'll be on this Team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yes! Return of the alum tutored costumed squads of 6 or so plz. It's a neat gimmick that will enable fun rotation and can showcase as many characters and dynamics as possible. Academy X focused only on the rivalry between New Mutants and Hellions but it would be great if this book shared the love with the neglected Paragons, Alpha Squadron, Corsairs etc. in different issues/arcs as well.
    It works so well, too, because it would give a great platform for ALL of the students that we've had introduced over the last 15ish years or so: the Academy X/New X-Men students, what's left of the Five Lights, the Cyclops Revolution students, the JGS students, and maybe even a few new faces as well. And the possibilities for alumni teachers is also fun: former New Mutants like Dani, Cypher, etc; former Gen-Xers like Jubilee, Chamber, Husk, and M... and above them all, Emma Frost as the Headmistress, doing what she does best.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Finally something intriguing. It's about time there was another teen X-book, I hope this one isn't plagued by the O5.
    The use of the Generation X name is really surprising, but I sadly doubt we'll see the original members aside from maybe Jubilee.
    this is my fear...

I guess time was running out for them to use the "Generation X" title b/4 they lost the rights...

this will be a wait and see for me... but it is nice to see the title slapped on a new book again.