Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Still, you don't know whether or not HydraCap will survive after what he did, regardless of Ulyssess' vision (due to Clint killing the Hulk as the result of the previous prediction).
    Well, Cap's solicits go all the way to January, so I'd say he's safe. Infamous is already set past CWII, and the YASSS QUEEN! Solicit is also set after CWII. So, yeah, I'd say HYDRA-Cap makes it out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Hahahah can'tw e just fucking keep Hydra Cap forever? This is so awesome.

The preview itself looks pretty neat as well. I'm still on board with this.
    This. 100x this. Look, I get it. The fans are angry. It's how I felt when Bendis ruined Moon Knight. If I was a huge Cap fan, I would've hated it, but... I love it... So, the more HYDRA-Cap, the merrier...

Enjoyed the preview. It really is pretty wild that you know Cap is just twisting the knife in whenever he say's anything. I'm glad Tony checked Maria Hill. Also glad Tony told Thor to fly Miles home. Carol has no right to arrest the kid.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It's amazing how the knowledge of what's going on in a solo series can completely ruin a scene for you. Thanks to the stupid Captain Hydra arc going on every time Cap sounds like he's being inspirational, I can't help but write it off as him faking it to manipulate the situation. Hell just look at Sam Wilson: Captain America. He doesn't even give a damn about backstabbing some of his best friends
    That's a good thing. Hydra Cap adds so much depth to every scene he's in.

He's the only thing bringing depth to this series.

what lousy writing

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    This. 100x this. Look, I get it. The fans are angry. It's how I felt when Bendis ruined Moon Knight. If I was a huge Cap fan, I would've hated it, but... I love it... So, the more HYDRA-Cap, the merrier...
    It's how I felt with the Banner/ hawkeye situation. Sometimes you just have to roll with it and appreciate the storys that come out of such a plottwist imo.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

We need a Red Son type of event, with Hydra Cap being the equivalent of the Russian Superman. Have him take overthrow Skull as the leader of Hydra, but also a well-intentioned extremist.

BANNED

Yea you and me both, especially when Cap's basically the most inspirational hero Marvel's got and now all that heroic resolve is being used for is manipulating his friends without a care in the world as if, even if from his perspective that he was a Hydra agent all along, all the years he fought alongside everyone meant nothing and that if it meant furthering Hydra's agendas he'd cut them down in a heartbeat.

And yea, it really does seem that nobody takes Hill seriously anymore and she's just the *shakes fist in the air shouting 'darn those superheroes!'* type of character. She's basically a joke who will never a candle to Fury who, if he said you were under arrest, it was pretty much game over.
    which explains why he couldn't stop the avengers from interfering in the bloodlines storyline and the black knight taking him out in a manner in which caused cap to express concern whether knight killed him and also why he would hire shivers a bounty hunter to bring in wolverine when he thought he had gone rough and not going after him himself even though previously he wanted to lead the manhunt personally. any head of shield is at disadvantage when it comes to dealing with superheroes not just hill.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 10-20-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    which explains why he couldn't stop them from interfering in the bloodlines storylines and also why he would hire shivers a bounty hunter to bring in wolverine when he thought he had gone rough and not going after him himself even though previously he wanted to lead the manhunt personally. any head of shield is at disadvantage when it comes to dealing with superheroes not just hill.
    Fury at least commanded far more respect and seemed to have a far better handle on things then Hill has ever had on a consistent basis, even on his bad days.

I don't think Carol would be going as far as she has had she been working with Fury instead of Hill. Heck, I don't even think Banner would be dead if Fury was handling things.
    Last edited by Frontier; 10-20-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Unless we can bring in Ultimate Cap to kick his ass (because at this point, as much of an ******* Ultimate Cap could be, I find him preferable to Captain Hydra), let's not.

Unless we can bring in Ultimate Cap to kick his ass (because at this point, as much of an ******* Ultimate Cap could be, I find him preferable to Captain Hydra), let's not.
    I kinda do want an EMH situation where a real version of Cap comes in and beats the everliving tar out of HydraCap, even if that's probably not going to happen .

Though I guess that might be Sam's role in this at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kinda do want an EMH situation where a real version of Cap comes in and beats the everliving tar out of HydraCap, even if that's probably not going to happen .

Though I guess that might be Sam's role in this at the end of the day.
    Well if they brought in a Cap from before he became old that could be possible since Steve's history wasn't actually changed, just his memories of it. But I think Marvel's stretched time travel as far as they could go at this point.

A good second would be for Nomad to finally return to 616, especially since he was raised in Steve's true ideals and that the previous place he had ended up was a Hydra ruled twisted version of the world so he'd never allow his father to succumb to such a thing.

Poor Miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "I'm afraid your physician is no longer on call."
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

It's how I felt with the Banner/ hawkeye situation. Sometimes you just have to roll with it and appreciate the storys that come out of such a plottwist imo.
    After 70+ years of storytelling, I have to agree. A good story without OOC Moments is my preference, but a good story is a good story, regardless.

Carol is a horrible person. I don't know how anyone could rock with this character after this event
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    After 70+ years of storytelling, I have to agree. A good story without OOC Moments is my preference, but a good story is a good story, regardless.
    I don't know, I just can't get into this Captain America story. It's just issue in and out of Steve playing everyone around him, not caring about those who are supposed to be his friends and being the villain of his own book and really nothing that could possibly stop him. While I hated Superior at least that had some kind of antagonistic force for Spock, first Peter's mind and then Green Goblin in the background. It defined why being Spider-Man is more than just having the powers and/or the genius and so why not just anyone can do it. Here it seems less about defining who he is as a character than it is that we should count our blessings that he's on our side since he's apparently a master chessmaster. Closest thing that we got to there being any bit of who Cap is still in there was when he defied Red Skull by finding that people shouldn't just be viewed as expendable but then that good will got flushed away by him setting into motion Banner's murder and even setting up Sam while seeming to feel nothing about hurting his friends as if, even as an "undercover Hydra Agent" everything he's been through with the heroes over the years have meant nothing to him.