Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't know, I just can't get into this Captain America story. It's just issue in and out of Steve playing everyone around him, not caring about those who are supposed to be his friends and being the villain of his own book and really nothing that could possibly stop him. While I hated Superior at least that had some kind of antagonistic force for Spock, first Peter's mind and then Green Goblin in the background. It defined why being Spider-Man is more than just having the powers and/or the genius and so why not just anyone can do it. Here it seems less about defining who he is as a character than it is that we should count our blessings that he's on our side since he's apparently a master chessmaster. Closest thing that we got to there being any bit of who Cap is still in there was when he defied Red Skull by finding that people shouldn't just be viewed as expendable but then that good will got flushed away by him setting into motion Banner's murder and even setting up Sam while seeming to feel nothing about hurting his friends as if, even as an "undercover Hydra Agent" everything he's been through with the heroes over the years have meant nothing to him.
    I get all that but... that's what I like about it. I know it's waaay OOC. I know it's making Steve look worse as time goes on, but after years and years of reading the same stories in super-hero books, I welcome change. Is it good change? it depends on your POV. But the book is entertaining, has beautiful art, a great cast, and most importantly, HYDRA-Cap is a straight-up beast. I haven't seen such a tight plan game since... Fury in Secret Warriors. And, IMO, that's a great addition in marvel's mostly dissapointing line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Carol is a horrible person. I don't know how anyone could rock with this character after this event
    She's acting unlawfully but I don't agree she's a horrible person.The good she's acomplished with Ulysses outweighs the bad. That doesn't make her eight, but it's not hard to see where she's coming from.

What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I get all that but... that's what I like about it. I know it's waaay OOC. I know it's making Steve look worse as time goes on, but after years and years of reading the same stories in super-hero books, I welcome change. Is it good change? it depends on your POV. But the book is entertaining, has beautiful art, a great cast, and most importantly, HYDRA-Cap is a straight-up beast. I haven't seen such a tight plan game since... Fury in Secret Warriors. And, IMO, that's a great addition in marvel's mostly dissapointing line-up.
    For me it would be entertaining with a villain who is running things like that in the background but not Captain America, especially when we had just gotten him back after over a year of him being out of the mantle due to being aged to an old man.

For me it would be entertaining with a villain who is running things like that in the background but not Captain America, especially when we had just gotten him back after over a year of him being out of the mantle due to being aged to an old man.
    Now would be as good a time as any to bring Zemo back to the forefront as a major Marvel Universe villain, though now he's still getting upstaged by Captain America, even though Rogers is now playing for the other team .

BANNED

Yeah, I would've surely rathered that, but, as it stands, it's a nice ride. For me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    There is also a "point of no return" and it has been crossed. As it stand there is no way of getting the original cap back ever and that is what makes people upset.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mavric1919 View Post
    There is also a "point of no return" and it has been crossed. As it stand there is no way of getting the original cap back ever and that is what makes people upset.
    I know, and I feel for them, but, at the same time, I'm enjoying the hell out of this book. I can't help it! It's just so... engrossing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mavric1919 View Post
    Out of curiosity what specifically has Hydra brainwashed Steve Rogers done that has crossed the character into the "point of no return" for you?

When you think about it, most every Marvel hero has crossed some major and morally questionable lines at some point and are still getting published today, so I guess there really isn't a "point of no return" for anyone in comics.

Doesn't mean they should've crossed those lines to begin with, but c'est la vie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She's acting unlawfully but I don't agree she's a horrible person.The good she's acomplished with Ulysses outweighs the bad. That doesn't make her eight, but it's not hard to see where she's coming from.
    I have to disagree with this. The good she's accomplished does not outweigh her stomping all over the rights of innocent people. I can see where she's coming from while still 100% condemning her for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Out of curiosity what specifically has Hydra brainwashed Steve Rogers done that has crossed the character into the "point of no return" for you?
    I'd say 2 things that he's done so far that crossed the line was that he orchestrated the very events that led to Banner's death and he had a US senator killed simply so Sam would fall further out of favor, killing multiple others as well by having bombs detonated at other locations during the hostage situation. While Bruce will come back eventually, that senator and whoever was killed by the bombs are dead for good.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Carol is a horrible person. I don't know how anyone could rock with this character after this event
    What is honestly the worst thing Carol has done? Arrest a woman? How can anyone "rock" with Tony after he kidnapped a person, attacked the Royal Inhuman Family, waging war against his friends, and trying to get rid of an entire new system of superheroics just because of a few kinks that can be fixed. Carol has saved millions of lives by using Ulysses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    What is honestly the worst thing Carol has done? Arrest a woman? How can anyone "rock" with Tony after he kidnapped a person, attacked the Royal Inhuman Family, waging war against his friends, and trying to get rid of an entire new system of superheroics just because of a few kinks that can be fixed. Carol has saved millions of lives by using Ulysses.
    Why does this read like 98% of American political debate on social media? This isn't about Tony, this is about Carol. And the worst thing Carol has done has been to flagrantly stomp over the rights of citizens and imprison them without due process. If you can't see why this is a huge problem, or at least acknowledge that the problem even exists, I doubt anyone here is going to be able to explain it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Hydra Cap is the best. He's manipulating events to keep the heroes fighting, while simultaneously looking like the ever noble hero. As far as Carol is concerned, I don't get how arresting Miles would be protecting him. Is preventing Miles from committing murder meant to save him from capital punishment?

Anyways, thanks to a Bendis preview, we know what happens next:

I think Carol's world comes crashing down hard in this issue.
    Yeah, she is just realising Rockets blaster would have killed 1 maybe 2 people she is friends with, for nothing. No big bad, no attack, just resisting arrest. I can we'll see why she is feeling despondent at being the figurehead of the predictive justice league.

Looks like Medusa has seen enough also.

So there was Carol, Jennifer, and Medusa in A-Force, but this situation is dividing them on different fronts. Jennifer in recovery, and Medusa sick of the infighting already.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-20-2016 at 04:35 PM.