Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 5 Female Heroes Ready to Lead at Sony

Sony stunned the comic community when they announced a female-driven super hero movie in development for 2017, but which leading lady will they choose?

Full article here.

BANNED

I wish they would just focus on making good Spider-Man movies. There's no need for them to stretch their product thin just so that it appears bigger than it is.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I wish they would just focus on making good Spider-Man movies. There's no need for them to stretch their product thin just so that it appears bigger than it is.
    You mean you aren't excited for "THE GUY WHO STOOD NEXT TO PETER PARKER AS HE GOT BIT BY A SPIDER: THE MOTION PICTURE"? OR "DEBBIE DUNWICH:THE WOMAN WHO HAS TO CLEAN UP ALL OF SPIDER-MAN'S WEBS LEFT OVER AFTER THE LAST FIGHT". Man those seem like real winners.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Well, I don't know how much more one can do with Spider-Man so I think focusing on other characters might be a good idea.

Fantastic Member

I'm not sure why both your articles on this have mentioned Spider-Woman. Sony does not have the rights to her. Marvel does.

It is nothing like a "Quicksilver situation" as you stated in the article. The Quicksilver situation is that he is a mutant (Fox) and an Avenger. There is nothing like that with Spider-Woman She has, literally, no relation to the Spider-Man mythos.

Yeah, it's annoying that everything talking about this keeps mentioning Spider-Woman.

And about the Spider-Woman name being a problem for Marvel Studios...how often in the MCU films have Hawkeye and Black Widow been called by those names(rather than Clint or Natasha)? They can get away with just calling her Jessica.

So can Sony use the Gwen Stacy version of Spider-Woman? An Emma Stone superheroine movie would be beyond cool, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So can Sony use the Gwen Stacy version of Spider-Woman? An Emma Stone superheroine movie would be beyond cool, that's for sure.
    What version do you mean? I mean, in Ultimate a clone of Peter is Spider-Woman, so do you mean MC2, or one of the others?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    I'm not sure why both your articles on this have mentioned Spider-Woman. Sony does not have the rights to her. Marvel does.

It is nothing like a "Quicksilver situation" as you stated in the article. The Quicksilver situation is that he is a mutant (Fox) and an Avenger. There is nothing like that with Spider-Woman She has, literally, no relation to the Spider-Man mythos.
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do remember this whole story, back after Peter started being Spider-Man again after The Clone Saga, with this fiery fella Shadrac turning up, Mattie Franklin being Spider-Man. Leaping instead of swinging, using a self-made suit. It was all about this almost feral Spider-Woman, all green, hungry and attacking people. Madame Web, Spider-Man and some Spider-Women had to deal with it, sort out the mystery, Doc Ock working with a Spider-Girl, if you would. And, that was all Spider-Man comics, stories, all that, though I don't know if much beyond some of that stuff, with Mattie Franklin, this stuff, and a bit beyond - though would hope it was more than enough.

Maybe not strong ties to Avengers, but consistently a member, so, I don't see why it can't be both, maybe same actor, for Spiderverse, and MCU.

I'd be down with a PG Spider-Girl movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Sony stunned the comic community when they announced a female-driven super hero movie in development for 2017, but which leading lady will they choose?
    Um, maybe name exactly what character the movie is going to be based on? It's like there is a chunk of information missing. Which leading lady should they choose? Well..it kind of depends on what the movie is about.
    Last edited by Surtur; 08-13-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Yes, thank you, meee to

BANNED

I think Spider-Woman is technically at Marvel, so she's off the table. Since she made a cameo in ASM2 I'm guessing it'll be Black Cat.

sure they don't have the rights to Jessica Drew the original Spider-Woman but I think they can use Julia Carpenter or Mattie Franklin or use a new Spider-Woman just fore the movies.