Page 165 of 359 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 5374
    Fantastic Member

They need more Cena because I already debunked the attendance figures being up where you claimed that they haven't been pushing Cena often. I'm not advocating for more Cena but it just goes to show the man is a draw.
    Last edited by marvell2k; 07-31-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    *The network has 700,000 subscribers as of 6/30. They didn't give an updated number. Between 4/7 and 6/30 they added 161,000 subscribers, but had 128,000 cancellations. They wouldn't give details but this is likely shortly after WrestleMania when they had the big jump in subscribers.
    He makes a good point though. Also considering it's month to month now if you choose and considering they claim over 130,000 cancellations shouldn't this be a sign of concern? I'm not saying that WWE is dead in 5 years but this isn't good.
    161,000 (new subs) - 130,000 (cancelations) = 31,000 (net gain).

670,000 (first network #s) + 31,000 (net gain of new subs) = 701,000 (current network #s).

701,000 (current network #s) * 9.99 (sub price point) = 7,002,990 (projected one month gross profit).

7,002,990 (projected one month gross) * 12 (months in a year) = 84,035,880 (projected yearly gross).

In 2013, WWE did $82.5 million in PPV revenue. $84 million (projected) - $82.5 million (2013 PPV revenue) = ~$1.5 million (net gain over PPVs).

In 2015, there will be no Network startup fees, worldwide will be open, and cost overages will have been cut. If you throw in the random PPV buyrates, the one off monthlies, whatever the worldwide numbers end up being, the Canada deal, and they maintain 700k subs domestic ... they'll make more money than they did in 2013, guaranteed. And that was a down year!

I think they'll be fine and once again, Vince will be the smartest man in the room.

Math is hard.

Man these arguments remind me of Raw going weekly in the 90s and other stupid arguments over the years. Granted there are other parts of the business but just in Network vs. PPV revenue alone ... the WWE is going to be making mad bank in just 2 years after the launch. That's crazy.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-31-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

No stupider than comic fans arguing over Gadot's Wonder Woman wearing heels in the SvsB movie tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    No stupider than comic fans arguing over Gadot's Wonder Woman wearing heels in the SvsB movie tbh.
    You know ... this is actually less stupid. Fair point!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

idk if it's the hair or those boots, those fukn boots!!

had an odd xperience monday, was in a san francisco hotel lobby and they actually had RAW on. that was weird enough but then while the swagger/zeb/rusev/lana segment was playing i realized i was surrounded by russian tourists. they, especially one young gentleman in particular did not seem amused at all.
    Roosh's boots are pretty fantastic. We all know that his hair is a Mexican national treasure.

That's funny about the tourists! Wrestling is hard to explain, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Roosh?

10 char
    rush--300x350.jpg

Rush, from CMLL. He's the most fantastic ******* you've ever seen, and he's been sort of pretending to be a technico (while coming out to Chris Benoit's theme music). Here's the match that left a nation weeping - hair vs. hair, Rush vs. El Terrible (who also has fantastic hair).

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Do you think we'll see more releases?
    A few, probably. I could see more announcers getting the boot - there's a lot of faceless, personality-less dorks in between Renee Young and the main show crews. Just let Renee do it, I'm pretty sure no one would complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

So this $60 one time fee ... for 6 months or a year? Because if it's a year ... hello new subs! Also $20 for a month? I can get Rumble and Mania, maybe Summer Slam and pour more money into NJPW that way.
    The deal's pretty solid. But I think it's still $60/6 months. But $20/mo is still a great price to test it out, especially if you're grabbing one of the big four PPVs.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

One thing I wondered early on is if they might not have been better off starting at $11.99 or so per month. With an option to prepay for six months at $65. (Which comes out to $10.83 monthly.) Granted they were just trying to get off the ground. But by today's standards, that would still be a very solid deal and might allow them to put off future price increases longer.

Btw, I hear people talking about more talent cuts. Any further thoughts about who else should be concerned at the moment?
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Fantastic Member

161,000 (new subs) - 130,000 (cancelations) = 31,000 (net gain).

670,000 (first network #s) + 31,000 (net gain of new subs) = 701,000 (current network #s).

701,000 (current network #s) * 9.99 (sub price point) = 7,002,990 (projected one month gross profit).

7,002,990 (projected one month gross) * 12 (months in a year) = 84,035,880 (projected yearly gross).

In 2013, WWE did $82.5 million in PPV revenue. $84 million (projected) - $82.5 million (2013 PPV revenue) = ~$1.5 million (net gain over PPVs).

In 2015, there will be no Network startup fees, worldwide will be open, and cost overages will have been cut. If you throw in the random PPV buyrates, the one off monthlies, whatever the worldwide numbers end up being, the Canada deal, and they maintain 700k subs domestic ... they'll make more money than they did in 2013, guaranteed. And that was a down year!

I think they'll be fine and once again, Vince will be the smartest man in the room.

Math is hard.

Man these arguments remind me of Raw going weekly in the 90s and other stupid arguments over the years. Granted there are other parts of the business but just in Network vs. PPV revenue alone ... the WWE is going to be making mad bank in just 2 years after the launch. That's crazy.
    In theory, you still need to maintain your base. Who is to say they don't become less popular or people have their fill of the network.

BANNED

You know ... this is actually less stupid. Fair point!
    Professional Wrestling might have moments that just makes me want to shake my head in embarrassment but in my experience here I'm willing to say the wrestling fans are more tolerable to talk to than say comic fans. Yeah I read comics too but I can see why non-comic fans look down on those who are fan of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    The deal's pretty solid. But I think it's still $60/6 months. But $20/mo is still a great price to test it out, especially if you're grabbing one of the big four PPVs.
    What is WWE's #4 PPV currently? Because it hasn't been Survivor Series in years. Money in the Bank?

I really only see the Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, and Summer Slam as the big PPVs anymore.

In theory, you still need to maintain your base. Who is to say they don't become less popular or people have their fill of the network.
    That's true. I'm just not as doom and gloom as most people. I don't see the WWE as the bees knees most of the time, either. NJPW on the other hand ...

Fantastic Member

Brother I am a NJPW fanboy until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    One thing I wondered early on is if they might not have been better off starting at $11.99 or so per month. With an option to prepay for six months at $65. (Which comes out to $10.83 monthly.) Granted they were just trying to get off the ground. But by today's standards, that would still be a very solid deal and might allow them to put off future price increases longer.

Btw, I hear people talking about more talent cuts. Any further thoughts about who else should be concerned at the moment?
    I think the Matadors are only there because Epico got injured. I think they're a solid team, but have probably achieved all they're going to in WWE. R-Truth isn't doing much of anything, and he's in his mid-40s.

I also think that we might see Mark Henry and Kane headed towards final storylines. I'm not saying force them to retire or anything, but Henry's said he's on his last deal, and Kane's old as balls. Goldust, too. His deal was supposed to run through Summerslam, and no one's said anything about him getting extended again. And Alberto Del Rio was talked about leaving whenever his deal is up. That's a lot of money between that batch of guys.

Plus, there's supposedly a brewing lawsuit between WWE and Rey Mysterio, who had stopped cashing his checks because WWE extended his deal due to injury time again.

They've already trimmed from the bottom, I suspect they'll prune a bit from the top as well.
    clayholio

What is WWE's #4 PPV currently? Because it hasn't been Survivor Series in years. Money in the Bank?

I really only see the Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, and Summer Slam as the big PPVs anymore.[/IMG]
    I think Survivor Series is still considered the 4th (partially because of spacing - it's the big fall event). But MITB has consistently been a better PPV over the last few years.
    clayholio

BANNED

I really only see the Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, and Summer Slam as the big PPVs anymore.

That's true. I'm just not as doom and gloom as most people. I don't see the WWE as the bees knees most of the time, either. NJPW on the other hand ...
    Whenever I need to look for something better NJPW is it. Their G-1 Event has never disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post

They've already trimmed from the bottom, I suspect they'll prune a bit from the top as well.

I imagine he helped a bit on that end.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    No, i just don't like lucha.
    B-But......they specialize in Monster Hunting!
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB