Page 333 of 359 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 5374
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Once again we agree, and we are talking about New Japan. OMG....I'm turning into you!!!!
    **** the both of you, no one shared my love of Yano but Beastie.
    Obviously the MVP of the G1.

So WWE.com puts up a list of the top 50 WCW stars.
    http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/50-greatest-wcw-stars

And guess whose #50? Jeff Jarrett. They even ranked Dennis Rodman higher at #48. Vince will never let that grudge go I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I can't think of any singles matches he has had before this one.
    he's had singles with
    punk
    kane
    alberto
    brianson
    rusev
    mizark

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Boring is bad in wrestling.
    but somebody can say any match is boring, even if there's nothing wrong with it. to me that's the difference between boring and bad. there's plenty of matches that aren't bad, even some great matches that bore me.

So he carried him to a average at best match?
    The place was dead until the powerslam spot(which i popped huge for, Marvell heard me do it!), then they went into the finishing sequence. Every finishing sequence on a ppv gets a crowd reaction.
    they did very little in that match, Reigns problem was his selling is godawful. He thinks laying down and closing your eyes is selling. This makes the audience think you are asleep, it's why they are often dead for his matches until the end.
    i think it was good actually, would've seemed much better on a different PPV. i think it was better than jericho/wyatt.

i don't think even one single person watching thought reigns fell asleep at any point during the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Miz's gimmick is old fish stale.
    if that's true he freshened the fuk out of it.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-28-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    he's had singles with
    punk
    kane
    alberto
    brianson
    rusev
    mizark
    To add to that list, Reigns had a singles match with Bad News Barrett as well. It was going pretty well until 3MB interfered.

i think it was good actually, would've seemed much better on a different PPV. i think it was better than jericho/wyatt.

i don't think even one single person watching thought reigns fell asleep at any point during the match.
    It was the type of match that might have been more appreciated on one of non-main PPVs where it is less likely to be overshadowed imo.

It's wasn't going to be front and center against an epic story like Brock-Cena added to great work like Dean-Seth and passion ala Rusev-Swagger.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    It's making me miss Hollywood Rock
    Wait till Hollywood Batista comes back and destroy Miz , then we'll be talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    boring, not bad

it was the one match I had very little interest in
    Boring might be too strong a word, but I think Reigns was definately lacking something for a guy who is supposed to be the next big thing.

If they want this guy to be the next John Cena, he needs to really start producing matches which are more than just fine. Granted you can argue not all of Johns matches are 5 star classics, but he at least can get the crowd involved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Boring might be too strong a word, but I think Reigns was definately lacking something for a guy who is supposed to be the next big thing.

If they want this guy to be the next John Cena, he needs to really start producing matches which are more than just fine. Granted you can argue not all of Johns matches are 5 star classics, but he at least can get the crowd involved.
    to be fair, Cenas 1st year or 2 were pretty bland until he went to the Dr of Thuganomics route

Astonishing Member

to be fair, Cenas 1st year or 2 were pretty bland until he went to the Dr of Thuganomics route
    This isn't exactly the same.
    Cena's first 2 years weren't him being pushed as the next top guy, he was going to get fired before he started raping.

Astonishing Member

he's had singles with
    punk
    kane
    alberto
    brianson
    rusev
    mizark

Ok, but i said i can't think of any of the matches he had.
    And after his singles match he has went on to have 3 way tags. Which is the exact thing he shouldn't be doing since he is probably going to stand on the apron, come in and do his 3 moves instead of being in the ring and learning to sell and work a singles match. The guy knows how to work a 3 way already.

Sure, but when they were at the point where they were positioning Cena as a top guy, he was able to captivate the crowd. Reigns at the same point needs to be able to do that IMO a bit better than what we saw at Summerslam.

Reigns isn't just being hyped as a top guy... he's being hyped as THE next guy. If we're talking about the next guy in line to hold the IC belt or something, that's fine. If we're talking about the next guy to carry the company for the next decade, I think Reigns needs to show more than what we're seeing here.

Astonishing Member

All he needs to do is learn to sell, he can do more moves later, just teach him to sell so the crowd buys into the matches before the finish.

Astonishing Member

Also, and i'm apprently the only one bothered by this.
    I don't like that his superman punch is a setup for the spear. If he is so strong and that move is so devistating, then it shouldn't be "He hits the punch and then the guy stands up so he can get speared." Maybe do a different move to lead to the spear and have the punch be a second finish.

**** the both of you, no one shared my love of Yano but Beastie.
    Obviously the MVP of the G1.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Reigns is being pushed a year early because they are thinning near the top of the product and messed up the prior few year's pushes for the most past. If they had supported a couple of people out of Barrett, Ziggler, Swagger, or Miz, they would have someone they could credibly plug into spots, at least for a while, left by Punk's retirement, Edge's retirement, Bryan's injury, etc.

I'm not really looking forward to another Batista push. I feel happy for Dave that he has found success in film. But his most recent time in the WWE has just months ago and it was not too pretty. Even considering some of the criticism was rather unfair to him.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

BANNED

and 3 of those 4 guys have dealt with a number of injuries in the past 3 years