Page 259 of 359 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 5374
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    How many guys can even say that about a top company guy. Can anybody really say that about Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, Rock? Maybe Yoko with Hogan but even that was to this disagree. This company has a lot invested in building somebody for the next 8 months. Because they sacrificed a lot to get Brock in this position, and Brock is not the endgame here. The guy that beats him is.
    the question now is.............who gets the rub?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    It's looking like it will be reigns seeing as he's the one with the program against the authority and Brock was the authority last resort after their own guys couldn't get the title.

BANNED

Reigns is the guy with the target on him. But realistically he just doesn't have anywhere near the ring chops yet, he's subpar on the mic, and the look, which is what made him interesting, is not impressive next to the main eventers. He looked kind of chubby next to Orton, he doesn't look that big.

In all reality he reminds me of Diesel. Guy has an intimidating look that people take notice of, he gets over because he's in a hot act with Shawn Michaels, he's protected because all he had to do was wait until Shawn was in trouble, jump in the ring, hit his spots, and take a guy out. Then the crowd is in love with him. But Diesel occurred in a time when the main eventers were smaller because of the Steroid trial, you didn't have well established stars, the roster sucked in ring outside of Bret and Shawn, and he had better mic skills than Reigns, and they were relatively decent in comparison to most of the company. I think Reigns likely won't be ready and you risk the crowd crapping on him if he's pushed too fast.

After that, I don't even know. Cesaro maybe. But you have to turn him face and push him hard. And I fear they lost the spark he had with the crowd not so long ago. Ziggler is a guy the crowd will get behind, but I think the top brass view him as a good hand and not a major player. I can't see them saying "well this thing has the streak and Cena's dominance behind it, let's give it to Dolph Ziggler". Maybe you can build Ambrose really hard and hope that pans out. Say Lesnar's not in there with a wrestler, he's in there with a psychopath. That could work.

If nothing pans out you have 3 options.

Bryan. Do the ultimate underdog thing. The crowd will go apeshit for it and Bryan needs to reestablished when he comes back. Giving him this ensures he is cemented as the new face of the company.

Cena. I feel pretty confidant that will give Cena his win back (and thus the series with Brock). I just kind of figured it would be after the monster loses so there is no harm in it. However if they don't have anything it's still a big match, and this last match pretty much guaranteed intrigue in another go. But I view doing this at Mania as a last option.

And even after that maybe you throw a ton of money begging Rock or Punk to come back to have a spectacle match.

Astonishing Member

they better be careful with Ambrose.
    As much as everyone made fun of me for putting the guy over so much, you can't pretend the reaction he's getting. Which is often much bigger than what Reigns gets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    As much as everyone made fun of me for putting the guy over so much, you can't pretend the reaction he's getting. Which is often much bigger than what Reigns gets.
    Not just that but there was a we want Ambrose chant starting at SummerSlam before a big spot and the match ended up saving itself during Orton vs Reigns.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    you are not alone in loving the master of titties.

If I had to call it now, I think the final three at Rumble 2015 will be be Roman, Cena, & Bryan. Cesaro, Orton, Ambrose, or Sheamus will round out the final 5.

One of Roman/Cena/Bryan will be in the #1 spot (perhaps #2, as well), I think one of them will come close to breaking (if not break) Rey's Iron Man record, and Roman or Cena will either come close to or break the most people eliminated record (I think it should be Roman). If Bryan goes 60 minutes plus, Roman breaks his elimination record, and Cena is Cena during the RR ... you don't have much to do in terms of building any of them up to WM XXXI.

But I got this sneaking feeling something is going to happen with Roman before then. Like he beats Brock earlier than expected but Rollins cashes in ... or Roman just becomes fodder to the Beast.

It might happen at Mania, too, but when Roman wins ... I'm 100% certain of a successful Rollins cash-in, setting up the eventual Shield 3-way for the Title.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-18-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

because john cena got utterly and completely dominated, something we have never seen before. even when putting someone else over, cena has always been that mountain to climb for anyone he steps in the ring with. brock is different because he ended the streak and has been built as an absolute beast of man since his return.

remember the last time they faced each other? brock beat cena into a bloody mess for 90% of that match only for john to no sell everything and beat him out of no where. this time, the right man won the right way. if you were expecting something else, then maybe you are watching the wrong show.
    Ignore him MOR. This is the same guy who didn't care for Avengers because he didn't like the shape of Captain America's helmet. He's what Alex describe. The kind of poster who is just looking for things to hate

Astonishing Member

Bryan vs Lesnar would literally be a mythic, epic clash. It'd be one of the greatest David vs. Goliath angles in wrestling history. I don't even care if it's for the belt, I just want to see it at least once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

But I got this sneaking feeling something is going to happen with Roman before then. Like he beats Brock earlier than expected but Rollins cashes in ... or Roman just becomes fodder to the Beast.
    I think Reign's is the only option. Lesnar has destroyed Cena and the E doesn't have anyone else since they squandered all their upcoming talent and Batista might stay in Hollywood following his success of GOTG. The only option other than Reigns is to wait for Danielson to recover or take a risk and have Ambrose challenge Lesnar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Bryan vs Lesnar would literally be a mythic, epic clash. It'd be one of the greatest David vs. Goliath angles in wrestling history. I don't even care if it's for the belt, I just want to see it at least once.
    Also. Unlike Danielson vs The Admiral, you'd have no idea who will win. Which will give it a sense of unpredictability

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If I had to call it now, I think the final three at Rumble 2015 will be be Roman, Cena, & Bryan. Cesaro, Orton, Ambrose, or Sheamus will round out the final 5.

One of Roman/Cena/Bryan will be in the #1 spot (perhaps #2, as well), I think one of them will come close to breaking (if not break) Rey's Iron Man record, and Roman or Cena will either come close to or break the most people eliminated record (I think it should be Roman). If Bryan goes 60 minutes plus, Roman breaks his elimination record, and Cena is Cena during the RR ... you don't have much to do in terms of building any of them up to WM XXXI.

It might happen at Mania, too, but when Roman wins ... I'm 100% certain of a successful Rollins cash-in, setting up the eventual Shield 3-way for the Title.
    Roman's in a weird position right now. If he takes off, he's the heir apparent and you can groom him to take on Lesnar. Likewise, if Lesnar beats him in less than a minute it will do absolutely nothing for Lesnar because Reigns doesn't mean that much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Roman's in a weird position right now. If he takes off, he's the heir apparent and you can groom him to take on Lesnar. Likewise, if Lesnar beats him in less than a minute it will do absolutely nothing for Lesnar because Reigns doesn't mean that much.
    Don't forget another possible factor. They could overpush him to the point that the crowd will be sick of him and turn on him.

Astonishing Member

Having the final 2 in the rumble being Reigns and Cena is fine, having it be Reigns, bryan and cena is probably the worst idea ever, Batista 2.
    Bryan should get a Lesnar match at Rumble, that's what i would book. Kill him so people are angry at lesnar, then have an undefeated Roman Reigns win so people knows it means he's getting Lesnar.
    Also, removes Bryan from the rumble in a higher profile match.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Don't forget another possible factor. They could overpush him to the point that the crowd will be sick of him and turn on him.
    Too late for that one.

I'd prefer it if they just have him show up, spear some people, and leave.

Don't have him talk for a long time. Run him through the roster.

Like Goldberg.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium