Page 4 of 359 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    That has got to be the quickest firing and rehiring the E has done
    I get a feeling this is another shot in the Dunn vs HHH war.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    I get a feeling this is another shot in the Dunn vs HHH war.
    Ive read some rumors and scuttle about that...apparently HHH and Kevin Dunn have never gotten along and the general feeling is that time has passed Dunn by, but Vince won't do anything about it because Dunn has been a good solider

time to repackage Emma

BANNED

It was pretty much a covering their own asses scenario. Considering that Swagger and the rest still have jobs despite being in trouble with the law

Astonishing Member

It was pretty much a covering their own asses scenario. Considering that Swagger and the rest still have jobs despite being in trouble with the law
    Not really, it's more a PR thing.
    These guys aren't real employees remember, they are independant contractors. And At Will employees, which means they can fire them for anything. You can get fired for looking at vince wrong and they can't do anything.

In other news
    "--Zack Ryder noted on twitter that WWE is no longer selling any of his merchandise at the WWEshop.com site."
    I checked, they aren't selling any of his stuff. Start looking for another job zack!

BANNED

changed gears...Bash 98 was a competent show, I feel like watching a car wreck tonight

WCW Fall Brawl 2000 - with Tony Schiavonne, Mark Maddon, and Scott Hudson on commentary

5 minutes in and I want to throat punch any or all of them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post

In other news
    "--Zack Ryder noted on twitter that WWE is no longer selling any of his merchandise at the WWEshop.com site."
    I checked, they aren't selling any of his stuff. Start looking for another job zack!
    He can always join TNA and tag with the BroMans

BANNED

He can always join TNA and tag with the BroMans
    OR, bring up Enzo Amore and Cass

put those 3 together

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Ive read some rumors and scuttle about that...apparently HHH and Kevin Dunn have never gotten along and the general feeling is that time has passed Dunn by, but Vince won't do anything about it because Dunn has been a good solider
    The paradox of Dunn is that he has horrible ideas about pro wrestling, yet he's incredible at his job. WWE has the best production values of any pro wrestling company ever, end of story. And that's all Dunn. And you could make the argument that WWE is so far ahead in that aspect that even in lulls it creates the illusion of superiority that it gets more people to tune into their show. By comparison every other show looks like a dump. He has a lot to do with WWE's success.

That said, his ideas about actual booking is preposterous. One of his more horrible ideas was that after they bought WCW they couldn't make WCW guys look good on television and beat WWF guys on the show because it would make their brand look worse. Despite the fact that THEY ARE YOUR GUYS NOW!! Every guy whose ever been considered a good booker who has come through WWE has had bad things to say about Dunn. Dunn is also very close to Vince and is a guy who can get in his ear and influence decisions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    The paradox of Dunn is that he has horrible ideas about pro wrestling, yet he's incredible at his job. WWE has the best production values of any pro wrestling company ever, end of story. And that's all Dunn. And you could make the argument that WWE is so far ahead in that aspect that even in lulls it creates the illusion of superiority that it gets more people to tune into their show. By comparison every other show looks like a dump. He has a lot to do with WWE's success.

That said, his ideas about actual booking is preposterous. One of his more horrible ideas was that after they bought WCW they couldn't make WCW guys look good on television and beat WWF guys on the show because it would make their brand look worse. Despite the fact that THEY ARE YOUR GUYS NOW!! Every guy whose ever been considered a good booker who has come through WWE has had bad things to say about Dunn. Dunn is also very close to Vince and is a guy who can get in his ear and influence decisions.
    Eh, there must be guys who have been working with Dunn for a long time, they must have learned something.
    The key is the wonderful news that he is gone when Vince is, so hopefully we can actually get things like people being used based on talent instead of look.

Christ, i wonder how much they had to fight to keep Bray Wyatt around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Eh, there must be guys who have been working with Dunn for a long time, they must have learned something.
    The key is the wonderful news that he is gone when Vince is, so hopefully we can actually get things like people being used based on talent instead of look.

Christ, i wonder how much they had to fight to keep Bray Wyatt around.
    but there is an aesthetic to maintain...Im not watching if a bunch of uggos get dragged in from NXT and the indies

BANNED

forgot how good WCW cruiserweight matches were

MIA (Lash Leroux, Chavo, and AWall) vs 3 Count (Shannon Moore, Shane Helms, Even Karaigis)

damn good match

Why have celebrated NXT talents been mistreated, ignored, depushed when getting called up the main roster? Pretty much Dunn sticking it to HHH's creations.

What's weird..or noteworthy..is that while it's a power struggle...it's one Dunn is predestined to lose.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    but there is an aesthetic to maintain...Im not watching if a bunch of uggos get dragged in from NXT and the indies
    But they don't all have to look like models.
    Bray wyatt is more over than 90% of the roster, and none of the women but AJ are over at all.

BANNED

oh god WCW towards the end...turning Duggan heel

the absolute worst