Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

How about some side-Elseworlds. Things like The Nail where the change might have involved one of the Big Two (Batman/Superman) but the story being told focuses on other heroes.

We saw Batman and Diana plus Green Lantern in Red Son, but imagine J'onn in that world. Not only is he a "stranger in a strange land" but this America associated powerful aliens with the Soviet dictatorship.

How would the Holy Terror world deal with Diana? Or Shazam?

What would the Golden Age be like in a world where Superman dies War of the Worlds"?

What would other heroes be like in the same universe as Gotham by Gaslight?

Justice League vs zombie apocalypse.
    Golden age justice society vs White Martians.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Loving the responses so far but please remember guys, in the OP I talk about Superman and Batman getting most of the focus for reimaginings, so I'm looking more for other major characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    How about some side-Elseworlds. Things like The Nail where the change might have involved one of the Big Two (Batman/Superman) but the story being told focuses on other heroes.

We saw Batman and Diana plus Green Lantern in Red Son, but imagine J'onn in that world. Not only is he a "stranger in a strange land" but this America associated powerful aliens with the Soviet dictatorship.

How would the Holy Terror world deal with Diana? Or Shazam?

What would the Golden Age be like in a world where Superman dies War of the Worlds"?

What would other heroes be like in the same universe as Gotham by Gaslight?
    I've always wanted to do a Red Son middle chapter with Green Arrow, the Flash, Aquaman, and J'onn. And your idea in general is on point, these characters are in those universes, but we don't get a lot of their perspective. They sometimes have 0 dialogue.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Here's a crazy idea:

Five classic Justice Leaguers, MINUS Superman and Green Lantern (say, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, and Green Arrow), through some kind of time-warpery, get marooned on KRYPTON, approximately three Earth days before it is destined to blow up.

Their goal: get the HECK off Krypton before it blows up, of course.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Let's take the screw-up Batman idea one step further.

In this world, once Bruce's parents die, he's cheated pout of his fortune by unscrupulous relatives and ends up living on the streets. No fortune, no traveling around the world to find the best teachers. Instead of learning from the best martial arts masters, he learns his fighting skills from street fights and illegal underground fight clubs. Here we have a Batman just as determined to bring justice back to Gotham, but without the skills and resources we're used to seeing hi with.

Superman: God of Thunder
    Krypton explodes and Superman is sent to Earth, except instead of being in the present day, Kal is instead found by a family of Vikings and raised as a warrior. Eventually beginning to develop his powers he starts being worshipped as a god. And he starts to think Maybe he actually is one.

Justice League: The Summer of Love
    It's 1967. Seemingly from nowhere a man calling himself Booster Gold appears and beginnings putting together a team like no one has ever seen before. Is Booster really a man from the future like he claims or just another hippie that's fried his brain? Included in his team is the mysterious Man From mars, and "terminally square" inventor Theodore Kord.

I'm not sure why but the idea of a Wonder Woman story set during the American Civil War also strikes me as a potentially interesting idea.

Incredible Member

Wonder woman:starchild.

One week before the distruction of krypton, paradise island receives a signal from space. Jor-el and lara, ask the amazon to place their son into a kind of Genesis chamber, that will allow their son to live on inside a womens womb.

A contest takes place to find a sutble candidate. Diana wins and becomes pregnant with their son, kal-el.

The word gets out to 'mans world'. Lex luthor sets out to kill the child. Believeing his birth will change the world forever.

Victor Stone Chronicles

Medical student Victor Stone is kidnapped and subjected by the cybernetics company Cadmus which is actually a front for a ruthless terrorist organization. With the help of Sarah Charles, John Henry Irons, Chloe Sullivan and fellow cyborg Takeo Yakata, Victor battles Cadmus' biological abominations and while trying to expose the company's evil to the world.

Wonder Woman: Theseus' Wrath

In this story, Theseus takes Heracles' place as an enemy of the Amazons.

Theseus and Heracles are friends but Heracles is more beloved by the public due to being the son of the king of the gods as well as being a god himself. Theseus makes Heracles a bet that if the former can conquer the Amazons he will be made immortal. What follows next is basically the events of the Perez run but without Heracles involed at all. The gods get involved but Heracles feeling bound by his bet reluctantly convinces the gods to spare Theseus. They do so and Theseus is made immortal but Heracles still remains more favoured than Theseus over the millenia something which enrages Theseus .

Cut to the present where Diana has begun her plans to get Themyscira more involved in world affairs. Theseus sees another opportunity for fame and sets about trying to discredit her and her people. He also forms an organization known as the Sons of Heracles consisting of men who he has manipulated into believing the Amazons are the monsters they were thought to be by the Ancient Greeks. Soon some people begin to buy into this tall tale including some of Diana's fellow heroes like Batman.

For Cyborg, I prefer he be done like the bionic man and let him look pretty.
    For Wonder Woman, I would retain the tie to greek mythology but would prefer Wonder Woman be more of a warrior like Xena and the most powers I would use are maybe super soldier level powers. I prefer the gods and mythology characters to be in disguise on earth like in Percy Jackson. I also prefer the amazons to be in disguise with secret identities and living among people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Let's take the screw-up Batman idea one step further.

In this world, once Bruce's parents die, he's cheated pout of his fortune by unscrupulous relatives and ends up living on the streets. No fortune, no traveling around the world to find the best teachers. Instead of learning from the best martial arts masters, he learns his fighting skills from street fights and illegal underground fight clubs. Here we have a Batman just as determined to bring justice back to Gotham, but without the skills and resources we're used to seeing hi with.

Superman: God of Thunder
    Krypton explodes and Superman is sent to Earth, except instead of being in the present day, Kal is instead found by a family of Vikings and raised as a warrior. Eventually beginning to develop his powers he starts being worshipped as a god. And he starts to think Maybe he actually is one.

Justice League: The Summer of Love
    It's 1967. Seemingly from nowhere a man calling himself Booster Gold appears and beginnings putting together a team like no one has ever seen before. Is Booster really a man from the future like he claims or just another hippie that's fried his brain? Included in his team is the mysterious Man From mars, and "terminally square" inventor Theodore Kord.

I'm not sure why but the idea of a Wonder Woman story set during the American Civil War also strikes me as a potentially interesting idea.
    Batman idea sounds like that cancelled Year One movie that Frank Miller wrote where Bruce Wayne forgot who he was and was taken in by a black mechanic named Big Al Fred. He becomes because of a ring Al gives him with a bat on it.

You could do a Kara landing on Themyscira. Perhaps the ride and she loses her memory and forgets about her cousin.

I did like the idea of the Amazons. But you could shift it a bit and do one where society is more matriarchal. Women are in charge and not men.

Speed Force. A series of shorts where different people get access to the Speed force.

Atlantis never sank and Aquaman is ruler of the world.

Mars was never destroyed by the White Martians.

I know you said less Superman focus, but Superman lands on Mars instead of Earth.

The Nazis had a yellow ring or a red one could even argue for orange.

Ok, and Batman one but Batman instead of training, finds Vixen's amulet.

More Magic. There is some technology, but magic is the norm for people.

Green Lantern. There is an order for the Green Lanterns, getting their rings, but what if that order was different? Guy gets it before Hal, for example.

To my knowledge, there has never been a story about Abin Sur not dying and giving the ring to Hal. What happens when Earth doesn't have a Green Lantern or the Green Lanterns come in to take care of this super hero problem.

Villains like Ras or Savage instead of being immortal villains, what if they were immortal forces for good?

Many years ago they did War of the Gods, but how about Christianity never took root, and today the various pantheons were still around.

Just a few thoughts for brainstorming, trying to spotlight other characters.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Incredible Member

Set in a more 'golden age' universe. Mars is the home base of Mars, god of war. White martians have been sent to earth as a fifth column to soften America for a nazi invasion.

Diana frees Jonn jonzz, and the pair mount an attack on the war gods home base.....

For a golden age story, maybe Krypton invades earth. Justice Society vs Talons. Justice Society vs the Greek Gods. I also prefer the elseworlds New Frontier continuity where Superman, Batman and WW are immortal and started in the golden age. Not sure how Batman became immortal altho maybe it was Bat mite who granted immortality to Batman.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 10-23-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

Just a thought that occurred to me but a story in a universe where Miss Martian and Martian Manhunter live on the desolate remains of Mars after war of their respective species.

Instead of them being heroes the story is a constant sort of eco story of the two working together maybe even going to nearby planets IE Earth for resources that they "acquire" to try bringing their world to what it was prior to Mars' ruin.

Titans of NEW Myth - Each member of the Titans of Myth have all been defeated and returned to the source.
    1) Dick Grayson
    2) Wally West
    3) Donna Troy
    4) Roy Harper
    5) Garth
    6) Lilith Jupiter
    7) Karen Beecher
    8) Mal Duncan
    9) Koriand'r Tykayl
    10) Rachel Roth
    11) Garth Logan
    12) Victor Stone

The Titan gods from greek mythology can probably be used as super heroes.