Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FlerkenCat View Post
    I'm trying to stay in the "have faith" camp. She-Hulk is usually light-hearted, but it would feel dishonest to go right back to that coming out of what happened to her in Civil War II. She almost died, and her friends are all fighting, and/or dead. Something like that is going to change her. Hopefully it's not DarkandTwisty(TM) but rather, just a chapter in helping her find her way back to who she was before all this.
    Agreed and it maybe more serious but it doesn't mean it will be devoid of humour.

I'm trying to stay in the "have faith" camp. She-Hulk is usually light-hearted, but it would feel dishonest to go right back to that coming out of what happened to her in Civil War II. She almost died, and her friends are all fighting, and/or dead. Something like that is going to change her. Hopefully it's not DarkandTwisty(TM) but rather, just a chapter in helping her find her way back to who she was before all this.
    Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Agreed and it maybe more serious but it doesn't mean it will be devoid of humour.
    What they said. I hope this could end up being a great examination of what makes Jen special, over a reset of character.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Unless her identity is secret again. There are many people named "Jennifer Walters" out there still.
    I doubt it's secret again. There isn't an eight month gap or anything to cause that.

That being said, just because Jennifer Walters is out as She-Hulk doesn't mean people know she's the new Hulk creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    A decidedly unhappy Jen Walters is featured on this exclusive first look at artist Pia Guerra‘s variant cover for “Hulk” #1.

See the cover here.

There's a lot to say about the new direction Jen will go through, but I will save that for later when I have the time. For now I will just say that any emotionally-driven claims that Marvel is definitely making a wrong decision by taking away the fun and cheeriness from her, are just opinions and not objective fact. There are several opinions on this development, some diametrically opposed, so I don't think any one opinion speaks for her fandom as a whole.
    I will just obviously I disagree. I think objective because marvel not exactly helping. Marvel showing sign this going to be a generic hulk book with She-Hulk starring in it. Cheeriness and fun and other stuff with character being thrown because trauma that marvel not explained very well why this trauma set her off to this direction. When trying to sell a series to older and new reader to character first impressions. Its not good first impressions.

I wanted to have faith but marvel continues widdle what little I had in this book. I hope year from now I'm not wondering if we will see real She-Hulk in book not just generic hulk. I think part of problem lack of info understanding why she ended up coma first place. Yeah thanos hit her but still she could heal. So much that makes no sense about whole situation. Knowing jen history I don't get why this of things would vet super hero loses like this.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    What they said. I hope this could end up being a great examination of what makes Jen special, over a reset of character.
    Well,didn't she start off as the 'Savage She-Hulk'? Maybe this is a reset back to her beginnings?