Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Marvel pulls j. Scott Campbell' Riri William Iron Man cover

Seriously, somebody can explain to me how this cover is shocking or sexualized ? Sometimes it's like, when it concern puritanism, the SJW are the same than the right-wing, even if it's not for the same reason. I prefer one thousand time the Sjw crowd than the Trump followers and other alt-right people, but this outrage of the week is so stupid..

I can totally understand why the Manara cover of Spider-woman or the Batgirl cover with Joker were controversial, even if I'm not ok with the censorship, but this cover was totally innocuous.

I'm sorry for J. Scott Campbell who will face a shitstorm during 4 or 5 days, and I'm very disapointed by Marvel who, once again, has not supported one of his illustrator because of a minority on twitter and Tumblr.

(sorry for my english, not my first language)

no idea what you're talking about

Shes supposed to be 15

Its kinda creepy
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-20-2016 at 06:26 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Clearly no one has been to the mall between April and August.
    It's only creepy to the perverts who are lashing out.
    There is ZERO sexualized about that cover. A little tummy is not cause for pause.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I see why people have a problem. It seems like sexualizing a 15 year old character.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

DC should be getting similar complaints soon too

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shes supposed to be 15

Its kinda creepy
    It was an innocuous cover. She wasn't sexualized in any way. The pose was nonsexual, the clothes looked like something a character would wear on Pretty Little Liars, and she looked YOUNG in the face.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    It was an innocuous cover. She wasn't sexualized in any way. The pose was nonsexual, the clothes looked like something a character would wear on Pretty Little Liars, and she looked YOUNG in the face.
    ... ok

I know comic nerds are used to hyper sexuality of woman which is fine i guess, dont really care like I don't really care about a variant of a book i wont read

But it looks like they stuck a 15 year old face on a college freshman
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

I just copied the cover from the site... My problem is solved

It... seems like a bit of an over reaction to me. I dunno, just not a fan of censorship especially in something like a cover. In the end its just a pecie of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    It... seems like a bit of an over reaction to me. I dunno, just not a fan of censorship especially in something like a cover. In the end its just a pecie of art.
    Same. I've seen the cover, it's not bad at all. It's an outfit that she canonically wears and it's a non-sensual pose.

But I honestly don't know what Marvel was expecting.
    Campbell draws attractive thin women. And you get mad when he does just that like... ??? that just makes you look like the idiot, Marvel.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

After looking it up, I was expecting much worse. I guess I can see where people are coming from, but it doesn't seem *that* bad.

BANNED

Just ignore it, you'll give riri more publicity 4 free. That's what marvel wanted to do with this cover

J. Scott Campbell is a pin-up artist. Somebody told him to do a cover for a female character, so he drew a pin-up piece. Of a below-age-of-consent high schooler.

Not gonna blame Campbell for doing what he does, but will happily tsk-tsk at whichever Marvel editor type thought it was a good idea giving Campbell this particular gig in the first place. Having any understanding of the character you're selling and the track record of the artist should've been enough to set off warning bells. It's the Manara situation all over again, even if the final result was a smidge less pr0nzy.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Just ignore it, you'll give riri more publicity 4 free. That's what marvel wanted to do with this cover
    Clever. Even 'bad' publicity is good as long as you're talking about it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!