View Poll Results: Favorite Young X men / Next generation X men Team?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Mutants

63 43.15%
  • X Terminators

6 4.11%
  • Generation X

50 34.25%
  • New X men

73 50.00%
  • Generation Hope (five lights)

8 5.48%
  • JGS Students (Wolverine and the X men)

6 4.11%
  • NXS Students (Mutant revolution)

9 6.16%
  • All new X men (Original X men, RAAAAGE)

10 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Yeah, best mercury moment ever!
    Also I was team hulk all the way, Mercury just showed him the error of his ways and he went back to beat those who deserved it.
    One more reason I'd love Christos Gage to be the writer on a NXM book.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    One more reason I'd love Christos Gage to be the writer on a NXM book.
    Christos Gage is great. I wish they'd let him write more x-books.

==========

Well it look like, based on the results of the poll so far, this forum would prefer that the book focuses on New X-Men and the older generations New Mutants and Gen X, with very few fans for any of the kids that have come since, which makes sense to me considering New X-Men was the last class that felt like it got any real character development.

Individual kids from the later years may be favored by some here (Broo, Transonic, etc.) but I think as far as groups go, New X-Men was the last most people here really cared about.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I think your right. The question is, how do we make Marvel realize that the older generations are the ones we want to read about?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I think your right. The question is, how do we make Marvel realize that the older generations are the ones we want to read about?
    Letter-writing campaign? ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Tell them so. I believe the X-Men editors have Twitter accounts. There's nothing wrong with letting them know where you're willing to throw your money so long as it's all kept respectful.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

New Mutants. Particularly Illyana, Sam, Dani and Rahne.

BANNED

Tell them so. I believe the X-Men editors have Twitter accounts. There's nothing wrong with letting them know where you're willing to throw your money so long as it's all kept respectful.
    As often as the New X-Men come up in X-Position I think Editorial and writers already know how in-demand the NXM kids are. The writers themselves have outright acknowledged this, so expressing our desire to see them used isn't the problem. Hell, I don't even think sales were a problem, because New X-Men was selling very well at the time it was cancelled. It's ultimately a question of what do the writers and editorial want to do, and sadly the answer to that lately has either been the O5, or creating their own pet kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    As often as the New X-Men come up in X-Position I think Editorial and writers already know how in-demand the NXM kids are. The writers themselves have outright acknowledged this, so expressing our desire to see them used isn't the problem. Hell, I don't even think sales were a problem, because New X-Men was selling very well at the time it was cancelled. It's ultimately a question of what do the writers and editorial want to do, and sadly the answer to that lately has either been the O5, or creating their own pet kids.
    Wasn't it outright stated that the NXM kids will never be allowed to grow up, much less graduate? That's not particularly interesting. Perhaps the new era to come will allow them to grow and move on like the previous... generations... have.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Wasn't it outright stated that the NXM kids will never be allowed to grow up, much less graduate? That's not particularly interesting. Perhaps the new era to come will allow them to grow and move on like the previous... generations... have.
    Yup. But plans change, particularly when there are sales at stake. I'm not particularly hopeful that we're actually going to get the NXM reunion that we're wanting (like Ambaryerno said, folks have been agitating about this for a while now), but it'll be nice if we get even a few of those characters brought back.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 10-24-2016 at 05:06 PM.

I already tweeted @Marvel a few days ago. It never occurred to me to contact the editors. (I'm not even sure who they are these days.)

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Exactly what it says on the tite, choose vote for your favorite young X men / Next gen X men team
    You can choose more than one so only choose those you like

1. New Mutants
    (Sunspot, Cannonball, Dani, Magik, Magma, Rahne, Cipher, Warlock)

2. Generation X
    ( Jubilee , M, Husk , Chamber, Skin, Synch, Hollow/ penance)

3. X Terminators
    (Rusty, Skids, Boom Boom, Rictor, Archie, Leech, Wiz kid)

4. New X Men
    (Hellion, Surge, Pixie, Wind Dancer, X 23, Rockslide, Anole, Dust, Mercury, Wither, Elixir, etc)

5. Generation Hope (Five lights)

6. JGS Students
    (Oya, Omega Kid, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Armor, Shark Girl, Evan)

7. NXS Students
    (Tempus, Triage, Goldballs, Hijack, Morph, Stepfords sisters)

8. All New X men (RAAAAGE)
    (Tyke, Jeen, Iceboy, birdboy, CubBeast)
    No YOUNG X-MEN?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I'm a major Dani Moonstar fan and even I forget the Young X-Men ever existed.

I think most people forget about that book. It was a huge let down after NXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I think most people forget about that book. It was a huge let down after NXM.
    I never forgot Young X-Men for exactly that reason. It was an absolute misfire of a follow-up to the Yost/Kyle run.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I would be totally fine with them staying students forever as long as they like, DID stuff. My issue is currently they are at best wallpaper and at worst utterly forgotten. There's a lot of room to tell school/teen stories using these kids, they just have to like... do that.