View Poll Results: Favorite Young X men / Next generation X men Team?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Mutants

63 43.15%
  • X Terminators

6 4.11%
  • Generation X

50 34.25%
  • New X men

73 50.00%
  • Generation Hope (five lights)

8 5.48%
  • JGS Students (Wolverine and the X men)

6 4.11%
  • NXS Students (Mutant revolution)

9 6.16%
  • All new X men (Original X men, RAAAAGE)

10 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

The New Mutants hands down!!!

I actually enjoyed a lot the X-Terminators mini too, mainly thanks to Bogdanove's art, Rictor, Artie and Leech.

I voted New Mutants and Generation X.

New Mutants had a stronger run, with some really, really fantastic stories and that Sienkiewicz art; the downside was that Magik and Warlock were the only characters that really grabbed me.

Generation X had a line-up characters I found more interesting, but I bailed out when Bachalo did. I don't think they ever had stories quite as good as the best of the New Mutants stuff.

New Mutants for me.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I voted for Generation X the series was truly ahead of it's time.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I voted for Generation X and New Mutants. Those these two titles came out before I got into comics, when I did get into comics, I always enjoyed reading them more then New X-Men. I did enjoy New X-Men until Wallflower got killed, then I just lost interest.

New X Men. My favorite X-Men team period.

It's actually tougher than I thought, Generation X was actually the first comic I read regularly so I have a lot of love for the characters and the stories in there, New Mutants was before my time so I read it much later but I think that's a great book too.

But I'm gonna have to go with New X Men, those are the X kids that I really loved to read and relate to the most, lots of them ended up becoming favourite characters of mine X-23,Surge,Hellion,Dust,Pixie,Elixir and to some extent Armor was involved too and a ton more these were just some really great characters handled by some good writers and artists from Academy X to the KYost issues they took you on an emotional ride with these kids trying to figure out their place in the world while dealing with an ever changing number of dangers that mutants face, from dealing with Stryker and the Purifiers murdering mutant kids to going to limbo and confronting Magik and Belasco they went through a lot and did it as a team.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

New X-Men (Hellion, Anole, Prodigy, Surge, etc.) hands down. My favorites foreverrrrr. I seriously hope they get strong roles here, this will be enough to bring me back into the comic-reading world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RickyDricky View Post
    New X-Men (Hellion, Anole, Prodigy, Surge, etc.) hands down. My favorites foreverrrrr. I seriously hope they get strong roles here, this will be enough to bring me back into the comic-reading world.
    Same here! New X men takes the lead again .

Ive always found them far more relatable an interesting that previous and subsequent teen X men generations. They all had interesting personalities, origins, lot of chemistry, great stories, great interactions with the teachers and on top of it they're a very diverse team waaay before SJW era of today.

New Mutants are definitely my first!! These characters have been through so much and yet, the book was so fun. While I didn't like from #95-100 for.......obvious reasons....they had classic stories that still define the X-Men today.

As a second favorite, definitely New X-Men.

I started reading X-Men maybe eighteen months before GenX debuted, backread to New Mutants when I fell in love with the Claremont 80's team, and came off my first Marvel hiatus a few months before the Tsunami line and New Mutants 2.0/Academy X/New X-Men started and adored them. So I've got fondness for the three major young X-Men teams for different reasons, and long-standing favorites from each team. But if I had to choose just one era for quality of writing and team dynamics, then it's going to be New X-Men. They're also the team that had their growing-up arc most abruptly truncated, so there's still a lot of storylines there to be picked up.

Generation X for me, though I've only ever read the first 10 issues and was a teenager at the time it launched. Maybe the slim selection of Generation X that comiXology offers will go on a .99 cent sell by the time this new Generation X launches. I'll probably track down some New X-Men trades/HC to get acquainted with that roster.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Generation X for me, though I've only ever read the first 10 issues and was a teenager at the time it launched. Maybe the slim selection of Generation X that comiXology offers will go on a .99 cent sell by the time this new Generation X launches. I'll probably track down some New X-Men trades/HC to get acquainted with that roster.
    My recommendation would be to go digital with the New Mutants/Academy X/NXM stuff, either by reading it on Marvel Unlimited or buying on Comixology. The trades are all OOP and some are really pricey.

The results so far have been interesting.
    On another topic with the choice of possible members for a team it would be interesting to see who weres the most voted and compare with the result of this topic.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Isn't Armor technically part of the New X-Men group? She was with them in Astonishing. Sure, she was somewhat prominent in WatXM, but that's not generation/group.

She was part of the best group.