Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default I feel other mutants deserve to have a solo more than Cable

Cable had ongoing solos before and also led teambooks but sometimes, I don't get the idea why they keep bringing him up but it's ok since he's not on the main x-books. But I just feel some other mutants deserve to have an ongoing solo than him.

At least Gambit is loved, is/was a main x-men member, one of the most popular so I am ok with Gambit always getting an ongoing solo. But for Cable, I'm not sure why they keep on pushing him. It's like he comes out of nowhere and make him a leader to an team book or like right now, give him an ongoing solo.

This is what I feel:

I would have preferred Rachel Grey having an ongoing solo, interesting character and personality, having one of the best costumes, also have been currently been part of the x-books and more chances of giving female an ongoing as well as giving chance to those who have not had an ongoing solo yet. But Marvel may have not consider giving her an ongoing since they are already gave an ongoing solo for Teen Jean, which was already rumored like a year or two ago.

I think it would have been more interesting if Psylocke gets an ongoing solo than Cable since she's been very likeable currently on x-books and is also one of the most popular x-men ladies. But probably they did not since they want teen Jean to have one first.

How about Monet? She's like the newest mutant to be involved on the main x-books. She's young and interesting too and has the potential to do well in sales too. But maybe they have not thought of it since they're going to resurrect a Generation X ongoing series.

If there was one character that deserves to have an ongoing solo, that also has the potential, it would be Multiple Man but he died in DoX #1 unfortunately.

I respect your opinion. It's wrong, but I respect it.

Cable hasn't had an ongoing in years and initially shared X-Force teamleader duties with Psylocke's Uncanny X-force and proved it had the more popular team, which was taken into account in the next relaunch. I don't see the obscene problem with him getting an ongoing now. He's been dead or in coma, these other people have been around and just as underutilised. I don't see this as taking business away from anyone. Not like the 05 are anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    This x 2
    10 char

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Well, this didn't take long. Now that it looks like the X-Line is being supported the complaints are going to start shifting.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Aside from Wolverine (and Deadpool if you want to count him) Cable's had the most success with solos among the X books. His first series lasted over a hundred issues. Had a 50 issue run paired with Deadpool before Deadpool was an A lister, and while his third series didn't last as long it ran a couple years.

He's always going to get preference over other solos because in a industry of risk taking he's a relatively proven commodity.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Stop this.

Cable has had long and successful series before, plus he's being featured in Uncanny Avengers right now, plus he's in Deadpool 2.
    And Rachel can easily get more exposure being in her almost-brother's series.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    This x 2
    10 char
    Thirded.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Totally agree. Besides Wolverine and Deadpool, Cable has had the longest running solo series of any X-character. He's got tons of interesting backstory to mine both in the far future as well as his mercenary days in the 80s and 90s, connections to lots of different aspects of the X-mythos (Scott and Jean, Apocalypse, Sinister, the New Mutants, X-Force), and is primed to blow up when Deadpool 2 hits theaters in 2018.

The guy is absolutely one of the most interesting X-characters without a solo book right now, if not the most interesting. Creative team is always key to sales, but with a solid one his book has more potential than other X-characters besides Wolverine and Deadpool IMO.

BANNED

Cable has more exposure and he always has a mission, and it's easier to give him a supporting casts and antagonists.

I am confused to why they gave Jean or Iceman a solo. I'd read a solo about adult Jean that had direction. Make it about her tackling galactic threats and tackling loose ends on Earth. I think Emma would be a good one too.

Other candidates:

- Rachel Summers

- X-Man

- Kitty Pryde (no....like honestly.....please)

- Emma Frost

BANNED

I'm just in awe that there wasn't one mention of Storm needing a solo series over Cable.

A white man with guns sells comics.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

They do. Like it or not. Some readers don't mind reading about white males. Especially us white males. We enjoy reading about them for the same reason minorities want more diversity. Nothing wrong with that. I'm quite enjoying Marvel's diversity push right now. But I still love some Cable, Wolverine and Deadpool comics. I think that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I'm just in awe that there wasn't one mention of Storm needing a solo series over Cable.
    Maybe the Storm fans have finally accepted the reality that Storm is not meant to carry a solo book. The last attempt made it to 11 issues before being cancelled due to low sales. Storm has little back story prior to joining the X-Men. Her story unfolds in the X-Men books and that's more than enough for her.