View Poll Results: Favorite Young X men / Next generation X men Team?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Mutants

63 43.15%
  • X Terminators

6 4.11%
  • Generation X

50 34.25%
  • New X men

73 50.00%
  • Generation Hope (five lights)

8 5.48%
  • JGS Students (Wolverine and the X men)

6 4.11%
  • NXS Students (Mutant revolution)

9 6.16%
  • All new X men (Original X men, RAAAAGE)

10 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Yeah, she's 100% inorganic matter, it's shown that wither touch didn't worked on her and in house of M laurie's pheromones didn't affected her at all
    Wow, I always wonder how those inorganic mutants survive. But hey, it's comics, so... XD

So then yeah, it'd work, hah.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Wow, I always wonder how those inorganic mutants survive. But hey, it's comics, so... XD

So then yeah, it'd work, hah.
    She doesn't even need to eat, and for all I know she could pull all the crap the T - 1000 pulls in terminator. Her powers are such an interesting thing to explore, I even thnk those mutants that transform into elements or different material could provide wonderful stories of mutants that are less human and more ... non human I guess, I mean, she can liquidify to get through doors or turn into different objects like a barrel, how does her sense work, can she smell, create a new set of eyes? Cessily deserves a solo or a mini more than certain inhuman nobody i'd rather not mention

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Wither could have solved all his problems by dating Mercury the one girl he could touch and not be lonely anymore with, though I guess if they got Wither together with anyone he'd just go the way of Prodigy and become the somewhat irrelevant boyfriend character of a mutant with much more interesting powers. As far as character I think Mercury benefited under KYost, she was given more time and had her own things to deal with rather than just being one of Julian's tag alongs who manages to get along with other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Was Mercury's liquid mercury body inorganic?

Because Wither's powers worked on all organic matter, as I understand it, so I'm assuming mutants like Colossus (organic steel) would still be affected.

If she's inorganic, then yeah, he totally should've dated Mercury, heh.
    The defining feature of Wither was his realness and how he didn't think along the lines of "Maybe I should boink this one girl who is immune to my power (even if I'm not attracted to her)". Hooking up with Mercury would've been antithetical to his character lol. If anything, it was relieving to see him not unduly exploit her feelings for him. I doubt some other notably sketchy and hormonal teen boys at the time would have shown that kind of restraint if they were in his place *cough* Julian *cough*
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 11-01-2016 at 09:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    She doesn't even need to eat, and for all I know she could pull all the crap the T - 1000 pulls in terminator. Her powers are such an interesting thing to explore, I even thnk those mutants that transform into elements or different material could provide wonderful stories of mutants that are less human and more ... non human I guess, I mean, she can liquidify to get through doors or turn into different objects like a barrel, how does her sense work, can she smell, create a new set of eyes? Cessily deserves a solo or a mini more than certain inhuman nobody i'd rather not mention
    IIRC someone (it may have been Emma) has said that Mercury's appearance is entirely the result of lack of confidence and a rejection of her powers. She SEES herself as metallic so that's how her body appears, however because of the nature of her powers she CAN make herself look like her pre-manifestation self. It's her poor self image that prevents her from harnessing them to their full potential.

This would explain why she still has red hair in her "default" form: While she may think of herself as a silver-skinned freak, she apparently still defines that as being a RED-HEADED silver-skinned freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The defining feature of Wither was his realness and how he didn't think along the lines of "Maybe I should boink this one girl who is immune to my power (even if I'm not attracted to her)". Hooking up with Mercury would've been antithetical to his character lol. If anything, it was relieving to see him not unduly exploit her feelings for him. I doubt some other notably sketchy and hormonal teen boys at the time would have shown that kind of restraint if they were in his place *cough* Julian *cough*
    Relieved that he just kept trying to get Wallflower killed instead? And other teen boys may have looked past the metal and be attracted too her.

Lol I think Josh was the worst of the worst he constantly manipulated Laurie and Rahne, compared to him Julian was a saint who just cared about his self image a bit too much. I don't think Wither had to hook up with Mercury he could have got to know her better and learn they have more in common than he thought he just outright rejected her because of a crush he had and never really gave it a chance, his feelings for Laurie were not real either and they barely interacted other than him throwing Josh under the bus deservedly because of him two timing.

It's just one of those directions I wish they took the story but they just had other plans for Wither I guess they needed him to be the Anakin Skywalker of mutants, a lot of terrible things happen to him to the point he just gives up and throws himself at the dark side becaue he feels that's where he belongs.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Relieved that he just kept trying to get Wallflower killed instead? And other teen boys may have looked past the metal and be attracted too her.
    For me that's one of the defining things that X Men brings it's seeing the person inside and not judging by their mutation. They had that in Avenger's Academy too with Hazmat and Mettle where he was the only one who wasn't affected by her powers and they had that outlet of somebody they could be intimate with and somebody they could really bond with despite how they looked they could see that person inside....Of course that was until Hopeless killed off Mettle and then decided to fix Hazmat's radiation issues so she could hook up with one of his own characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    1) Prodigy's powers were interesting, lol.
    Well they aren't something that looks cool or does much practical he's just super smart because he absorbs knowledge, I don't think the enemies of the X Men will be beaten by complex geometry. When your girlfriend is a mix of Sonic the Hedgehog and Blanka then your Stephen Hawking powers seem a bit dull lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Relieved that he just kept trying to get Wallflower killed instead?
    Plot purposes. Poor Laurie was a walking study in Dead Blonde trope since Day 1. It's surprising enough that Kevin wasn't the cause of her eventual demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Lol I think Josh was the worst of the worst he constantly manipulated Laurie and Rahne, compared to him Julian was a saint who just cared about his self image a bit too much. I don't think Wither had to hook up with Mercury he could have got to know her better and learn they have more in common than he thought he just outright rejected her because of a crush he had and never really gave it a chance, his feelings for Laurie were not real either and they barely interacted other than him throwing Josh under the bus deservedly because of him two timing.

It's just one of those directions I wish they took the story but they just had other plans for Wither I guess they needed him to be the Anakin Skywalker of mutants, a lot of terrible things happen to him to the point he just gives up and throws himself at the dark side becaue he feels that's where he belongs.
    True about Josh (though Rahne being an actual adult doesn't make me feel too sorry for her either). And didn't he take up on Cessily's offer to make out or am I remembering some fan art and mistaking it for canon instead?

BANNED

I would've preferred Laurie to stay alive and to embrace her dark side more. I thought they had laid some pretty interesting seeds for that, and it was a shame to see it cut short.

It was Loa's offer to make out, and I think he took it.

True about Josh (though Rahne being an actual adult doesn't make me feel too sorry for her either). And didn't he take up on Cessily's offer to make out or am I remembering some fan art and mistaking it for canon instead?
    That was Loa

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I would've preferred Laurie to stay alive and to embrace her dark side more. I thought they had laid some pretty interesting seeds for that, and it was a shame to see it cut short.
    I would rather Laurie save the school from her father

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    IIRC someone (it may have been Emma) has said that Mercury's appearance is entirely the result of lack of confidence and a rejection of her powers. She SEES herself as metallic so that's how her body appears, however because of the nature of her powers she CAN make herself look like her pre-manifestation self. It's her poor self image that prevents her from harnessing them to their full potential.

This would explain why she still has red hair in her "default" form: While she may think of herself as a silver-skinned freak, she apparently still defines that as being a RED-HEADED silver-skinned freak.
    Well she's always had a love/hate relationship with her hair.

Amazing Member

New Mutants, a really under rated book IMO. I've managed to collect 40 of the first 60 issues from the $1 comic bins, having a lot of fun with it lol