View Poll Results: Favorite Young X men / Next generation X men Team?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Mutants

    63 43.15%
  • X Terminators

    6 4.11%
  • Generation X

    50 34.25%
  • New X men

    73 50.00%
  • Generation Hope (five lights)

    8 5.48%
  • JGS Students (Wolverine and the X men)

    6 4.11%
  • NXS Students (Mutant revolution)

    9 6.16%
  • All new X men (Original X men, RAAAAGE)

    10 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 202
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, who became an X-Men was kind of willy-nilly back then. I loved the X-Men and New Mutants pretty much equally at that time.

    I meant the actual characters over the last couple of decades, though. The traditional X-Men just don't seem as interesting, these days.
    My satisfaction with all things X diminished considerably since Claremont's departure. I think that's true for both NM and X-Men casts. Even Illyana, who is the most prominent of her generation in the comics today, is nothing like the original, so much so I consider her a new character. The same could be said of Roberto over in the Avengers universe. He's not even biracial anymore. The X-universe as a whole has really hit rock bottom, for me. One could hope this relaunch in the spring will look back to Claremont's work, and try to emulate what made it so successful, but in this age of trade-paper backs and constantly revolving writers, I don't think we will ever see such continuity of character development, such family feels, such wildly heroic and messy and nuanced X-Men(and all their extended family) again.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  2. #62
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers the New Mutants, GenX and the New X-men to the actual X-Men?
    My favorite characters are among the NM and Gen X (I find the New X-Men to be overrated, sorry) but I don't know how much I'd just read a reunion book of either' side original cast (but I would read about Chamber/M/Jubilee or Moonstar/Cannonball/Wolfsbane/Karma).

  3. #63
    Mighty Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Why "or"? Put those two groups together and you'd have quite a team.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Which was kinda sweet, despite her coming off as a nag. She saw that he was the only one of them with any kind of real future, but he was too loyal to them, so she tried to drive him away.
    More than Julian, I saw Nori as becoming the Cyclops of that particular generation of X-Men. She didn't care whether or not she was liked, so long as her people were safe. But, as might be expected of a traumatized kid, she overcompensated at times and was really quick to jump to a us-vs-them mindset.

    This Week's Comics:Fallen Angels #1, GI Joe: A Real American Hero #268

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    More than Julian, I saw Nori as becoming the Cyclops of that particular generation of X-Men. She didn't care whether or not she was liked, so long as her people were safe. But, as might be expected of a traumatized kid, she overcompensated at times and was really quick to jump to a us-vs-them mindset.
    The thing is tho, is that Hellion was shown to have both great charisma, and the ability to lead. Remember, the Hellions was a hodgepodge of personalities, and they were by far the most well oiled machine team in Academy X. In NXM, he also showed patience, which Surge did not.

    Hellion was more leadership material, but she make a great 2nd that'd keep them honest.

  6. #66
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    The thing is tho, is that Hellion was shown to have both great charisma, and the ability to lead. Remember, the Hellions was a hodgepodge of personalities, and they were by far the most well oiled machine team in Academy X. In NXM, he also showed patience, which Surge did not.

    Hellion was more leadership material, but she make a great 2nd that'd keep them honest.
    Julian's biggest problems were his arrogance, ego, and the fact he felt ENTITLED to lead, and it was bound to get him into trouble at SOME point. A good leader has to be able to put that aside, and that's admittedly one of the things Nori was much better at.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Julian's biggest problems were his arrogance, ego, and the fact he felt ENTITLED to lead, and it was bound to get him into trouble at SOME point. A good leader has to be able to put that aside, and that's admittedly one of the things Nori was much better at.
    Which is why I said what I said about Surge at the end. She'd keep him honest. She's not afraid to knock him down a peg. At the same time, tho, she's not the type to get on everyone's good side, or galvanize.

    He's there's to keep everyone together, while she has the more important job of keeping his head on straight. Kinda like how Psylocke was for Magneto in UXM.

  8. #68
    Fantastic Member Fordel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Without a doubt the New X Men. My overall interest in the entire X-Line basically comes and goes with them. I enjoyed it when they had their little Hogwarts teams and competitions. I enjoyed it when they had to deal with the aftermath of their entire world imploding (though I could have done with a little less mass murder). I enjoyed that they were actually teenagers acting like teenagers. There was just a solid cast of characters in that group that while I didn't actually like a lot of them, I couldn't argue against their value as characters.

    I also adore Mercury, world's most adorable T-1000! She is by far one of my most favorite characters. From her visual design to her power set to her inclusive, pragmatic but self-depreciating personality. She's great and I <3 her.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Julian's biggest problems were his arrogance, ego, and the fact he felt ENTITLED to lead, and it was bound to get him into trouble at SOME point. A good leader has to be able to put that aside, and that's admittedly one of the things Nori was much better at.
    In the end Nori was the one unwilling to listen to either Cyclops or Professor X and Julian was the one that both apologised for it and paid for it in blood.

  10. #70
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    New X-Men of course. I think it depends on when you started to read, though. The eldest generation probably mostly like New Mutants, the ond=es starting in the 90's mostly Generation X and the younger readers mostly New X-Men.
    ****Stop complaining and start dancing****

  11. #71
    Fantastic Member DiamondQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    336

    Default

    New X-men. Then Generation X. I liked the NXS kids but Im sure they will go into Limbo

  12. #72
    Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    NY, Bronx
    Posts
    682

    Default

    The New X-men for me. I got into Marvel comics around 2008/9 so I mostly know their generation the best. But I pretty much love all of the kids that came out of the 2000s through today. I started reading Generation X recently and I been loving it so far. The New Mutants were before my time, and I'm kind of picky and stubborn when it comes to comics made before the 90's but I do think Magik's awesome. But yeah, overall the New X-men kids stands out the most for me.

  13. #73
    Incredible Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Had to vote for the new X-men. I hope to see them all come together 1 day.

  14. #74
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    Without a doubt the New X Men. My overall interest in the entire X-Line basically comes and goes with them. I enjoyed it when they had their little Hogwarts teams and competitions. I enjoyed it when they had to deal with the aftermath of their entire world imploding (though I could have done with a little less mass murder). I enjoyed that they were actually teenagers acting like teenagers. There was just a solid cast of characters in that group that while I didn't actually like a lot of them, I couldn't argue against their value as characters.

    I also adore Mercury, world's most adorable T-1000! She is by far one of my most favorite characters. From her visual design to her power set to her inclusive, pragmatic but self-depreciating personality. She's great and I <3 her.
    one of her biggest moment World War Hulk X-men.

  15. #75
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    one of her biggest moment World War Hulk X-men.
    Yeah, best mercury moment ever!
    Also I was team hulk all the way, Mercury just showed him the error of his ways and he went back to beat those who deserved it. And now those bastards killed him... RIP Bruce banner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •