Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Vision #12 Preview/Discussion

http://www.cbr.com/the-vision-12/

Well, this is it, from the preview spoilers:
    I honestly didn't even begin to suspect that Vision's actions weren't' totally his, both the lying about Virginia and his attack on Victor seem perfectly in character in this story. Damn I love this book.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/the-vision-12/

Well, this is it, from the preview spoilers:
    I honestly didn't even begin to suspect that Vision's actions weren't' totally his, both the lying about Virginia and his attack on Victor seem perfectly in character in this story. Damn I love this book.
    end of spoilers
    Neither did I. And I binge read till issue #11.

I didn't saw it coming either and it was really surprising. I'm gonna miss so much this ongoing.

Also, I had to go back to double check and sure enough spoilers:
    In Virginia's story of what happened, she's lying about Grim Reaper's body, she never burned him. She buried it and then later on the neighbors dog dug it up, which resulted in Vision discovering the body. I assume she's lying now to cover her husband's knowledge of her involvement in his death.
    end of spoilers

That's a cute Asimov reference on the first page.

This development will allow Vision to survive the series and be excused for his actions, and only Virginia will have to be destroyed.

Yeah, if she was human it would be death penalty for murder. So the authorities would be justified in dismantling her.

Vision really shouldn't have used Scarlet Witch's brain patterns. Did he forget about Avengers Disassembled? If the real Wanda can go insane, makes sense that a copy wouldn't be entirely stable either.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if she was human it would be death penalty for murder. So the authorities would be justified in dismantling her.

Vision really shouldn't have used Scarlet Witch's brain patterns. Did he forget about Avengers Disassembled? If the real Wanda can go insane, makes sense that a copy wouldn't be entirely stable either.
    I never thought it like that! It makes perfect sense.

Extraordinary Member

My one regret about this series is that Simon Williams couldn't appear in it (except in flashbacks and on posters). It just doesn't seem quite right to have the "model" for Vision's brain not appearing in it.

Viv has some of Wanda's brain patterns, but she hasn't gone crazy.

Mighty Member

I am using spoiler tags here, as the issue has not shipped. It relates to Virginia.

spoilers:
    Virginia's violent behavior is triggered similarly to Wandas', by threats or insults to her family. (Remember that kid she walled? I think it was issue 5.)

I would still argue that she did not do anything too horrible, aside from killing the family dog.

-Grim Reaper: broke in to her home and attacked her family. No civilized person should have a problem with what happened to him.

-CK and his father: the father tried to blackmail her. CK was not her fault in the least. (CK was an innocent victim. But, Virginia could not have predicted or prevented what happened.)

-the sort of bigoted neighbors: 100% on Victor Mancha.

-Victor Mancha: drug addled uncle murdered her son, and destroyed any chance her family had of a future. Little snot is lucky that the only family he has is Virginia's husband.

end of spoilers

Gonna miss this series so much.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Viv has some of Wanda's brain patterns, but she hasn't gone crazy.
    Wanda's chaos is probably negated by Vizh's logic. Virginia doesn't have that luxury.

I disagree, she was protecting her family as any mother would do (isn't the Grimm Reaper technically dead already?) and she didn't kill C.K. the father did. As for Mancha, not sure if that counts as killing since his CPU is probably intact.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

I have read the issue. Please discuss.

I know it'll never be addressed, but I'm curious as to how Vision relates to his closest 'brother', Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch. For all appearances Jim is as human as can be, and the Vision realizes that he used to 'be' this guy. With that in mind it's hard to reconcile the more 'robotic'-thinking Vision with the 'human' behavior of his original version.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/